Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Correspondence ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: ...no comment...

Disclaimer: Don't own Yugioh, never owned yugioh...intend to but will not...I DO own my plot and characters...(most of my plot).

Seto: I don't feel like talking...

UltimaWitch: ...I don't either...I'm busy typing...

Mokuba: You two are WEIRD!!! Anyway, on with the story!

A/N: I hope that my story is progressing on ok...well, enjoy! Umm, I wish this chapter had more to do with the competition though...and it seems TOO MARY-SUEY, PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS STORY IS TOO SAPPY...I CAN TRY AND CHANGE IT SO THAT IT WON'T REVOLVE AROUND MY CHARACTER TOO MUCH!!!

Correspondence

She stared at Seto with those pale green eyes. They could hardly even stay open. The doctors were beginning a blood transfusion.

"...it's her..." he thought. But she couldn't keep still...her resistance was too much. "She's still struggling..."

But after the needle leading the blood was inserted through her skin, she shot up and let out a scream. "RELEASE ME!!!" Cosmo Queen shouted out right after. The doctors tried getting her to calm down. She just went insane trying to resist against Cosmo Queen. Seto couldn't imagine the pain. He also wanted to know what happened, how she became so heavily injured. Her arms bled from gashes, and her forehead was also cut with the same marks. The blood that ran down her forehead made her look as though her own tears were made of pure blood. Then she was finally put to sleep with a narcotic, and the transfusion was continued successfully.

Seto wasn't the only one watching. Yugi, Mai, Bakura, Tea, Joey, Tristan, Serenity, and even Grandpa and Mokuba saw the image of Asunta's spirit clashing with Cosmo Queen's. They watched painfully until a doctor instructed for them to leave and stay in the waiting room.

Everyone left for the tournament except, Serenity, Grandpa, Seto, and Mokuba. Grandpa had to stay to watch over Serenity, and Mokuba wanted to stay with his brother. Seto knew he was supposed to be doing what Isis asked him to do, but he couldn't get himself to leave. He sat there until a man walked up to him. He was dark-haired and was dressed in all black. He had a white collar.

"Excuse me, My name is Alexander Reyes, Father Reyes...do you know that girl in any way...?" he asked.

"...what girl...?"

"She came in on a stretcher just a moment ago..."

He nodded. "What do you want...?"

"...listen, have you ever heard the girl say anything strange, about a card in particular...?" he continued to ask.

"..." Seto didn't reply.

"I was there when I saw the girl...she-" Father Reyes was interrupted.

"You saw her? What happened...? Tell me. What happened to Asunta?" Seto asked.

"...she was at a diner, alone. She muttered some kind of chant and then all of a sudden she just screamed in pain as her wounds were made. When this happened, it seemed as though nothing was there...her scratches, cuts, gashes...they all simply appeared there. The ambulance then came and she was sent here..." Father Reyes explained.

"So, you're saying that whatever created those injuries was invisible...?" Seto asked, hardly believing a word.

"...I know it is...hard to comprehend, but that is why I am asking you...have you ever heard this girl say anything at all about anything unusual...?" he questioned again. "I have come to the conclusion that this issue somehow relates to her Wiccan heritage..."

"You know that she's a wicca?"

"I have met her case worker, Maggie Haynes many times."

"...that woman?" he thought.

"Also, I am a scientist...I research supernatural occurrences. That is why I would like to know more about this girl..."

"....." Seto said nothing.

After a doctor walked out of Asunta's room, Father Reyes asked him if he could observe the girl's cuts. He was permitted to and he asked Seto to follow him. They both entered the room and sat next to her bed. Her wounds were all washed and the bleeding temporarily stopped. Seto looked at her. The young girl that laid sleeping soundly before him was Asunta...now Cosmo Queen. Father Reyes inspected her wounds. He noticed that each gash was cut to look like a type of cross. On her left wrist there were symbols etched on. He made note of that as well. On her forehead were same markings as the ones on her arms.

"How did this happen...?" Seto asked.

"To tell you the truth, I still have no absolute answer," he said, then he took out his crucifix chain around his neck and prayed for her recovery. "Well, my observations are complete, good day...and if you would come here later today, at night, then I'll be here again for an interrogation," he said. Father Reyes took his notes and walked out of the room.

Seto stayed behind and sat on her bed by her side. She was still unconscious. He stroked her scars and looked at her once more. She slept so soundly it felt like almost a sin to disturb her at all. Then Seto left the room and went back to his brother.

* * *

That night...

Seto left Mokuba in Yugi's care and went to the hospital as told by Father Reyes. He saw no one so instead, went to the receptionist and asked for Asunta's room. He walked down the hall and to her room, only to find Maggie there.

"Seto Kaiba...sit please," she said in a welcoming tone.

Asunta looked at him with her expressionless eyes. She seemed as though she were under Cosmo Queens control at the time, but she wasn't, and he knew that.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm here on behalf of Father Reyes and Detective Kincaid. I'm sure you've met Father Reyes, he couldn't get here on account of research...and the officer, she was assigned to this case to assist Father Reyes."

Seto sat down on a chair. He watched Maggie as she recorded everything she and Asunta said. The interrogation resumed.

Maggie: So did you feel any pain?

Asunta: Yeah. It felt like as if it were any normal knife assault...

Maggie: ...did you see anyone?

Asunta: No.

Maggie: Hear anyone?

Asunta: ...no.

Maggie: All you felt was the sudden pain...

Asunta: [nodded]

Maggie: Did you...feel anyone or anything?

Asunta: ...no, the connection was bleak...

Maggie: Connection?

Asunta: A type of presence...not Cosmo Queen...something else...but I couldn't feel it yet...not enough of it to describe anything...

Maggie: ...I see...Cosmo Queen...a type of spiritual being?

Asunta: You're a mage, you should know.

Maggie: Well, I want to know if you know what or who she is yourself...

Asunta: ...

Maggie: Anyway, this ends the questioning...I'll see you another time, Asunta.

She stood up, stopped her recorder, and left the room. Then Seto turned to Asunta. "It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

"..." Asunta was silent. It wasn't because she was angry. She was even talking quietly answering Maggie's questions.

Seto looked at her arms, all bound up with white bandages. The blood was visible even under the soft gauze. "How did this happen...? Do you know why?"

"No."

"And what about Cosmo Queen?"

"She comes at times, and sometimes, she's just not there...like Yugi and the Pharaoh."

He paused for a moment. He remembered when Isis Ishtar showed him the ancient Egyptian tablet. An image of a pharaoh who looked like Yugi was depicted on it. Seto thought about it deeply, trying to put it all together.

"Seto...? Hey, you ok there?" Asunta asked, staring at the blank expression on his face.

He shook his head and said, "I'm fine. I'm ok."

"You know...I can leave tomorrow...but I don't have a place to stay at...and I can't stay with Maggie."

"Yeah...you can..." he replied, knowing what she was about to ask next. He didn't smile, he was still as stern as ever. Then Seto realized that time hadn't stopped, it was still getting later every moment. "I have to go. I only came because I wanted answers, but now I have to wait..." he said. He stood up, and left without a single word. She was sitting there, right next to him and he still didn't even consider. All he wanted were explanations and to accomplish his objectives.

* * *

The following day...

The competition still raged on with no luck on any findings. Yugi and Joey progressed through the tournament with impressive duels. Grandpa was proud of Joey for becoming such a skilled duelist. Serenity followed him everywhere to watch every duel. Mai went off on her own to fight her own duels. Yugi was still as invincible as ever. Seto and Mokuba would travel back and forth from their resting location to outside where the duels continued. Many duelists were defeated, but the other two God cards were still nowhere to be found. After about an hour or so, he would check the scanned decks for any trace of the God cards but to no avail.

He sat in his office with Mokuba. Then there was a knock on the door. It was Father Reyes. He'd come to apologize to Seto for not showing up. "I have some explanations about the girl's injuries and claims that I thought you'd want to hear."

Mokuba had no idea what he was talking about. "Who's he?"

Seto looked at Mokuba in a way that his brother came across often and he stopped asking questions. "Start explaining."

"I have come to the conclusion that is based on basic philosophy."

Seto tilted his head a bit.

"I have listened to the recorded conversation between Asunta and Miss Haynes. It did not actually help much...but she described how her injuries were made."

"Unseen...no solid figure, no sound, nothing..." Seto recalled in his mind.

"It clearly must have been a spiritual enemy. She is of Wiccan blood, but from her father, she is still a child of Christianity. Wicca was a misconception for a while. But yet, there is still some kind of darkness to the Wiccan religion."

"What does religion have anything to do with this?"

"I've listened to the tape many times. And yet, I've heard a constant soft chanting in the background. The chants of prayer...she herself is a wiccan, and shows her Wiccan beliefs well. But her faith in Christianity is still there, whether she shows it or not. Her father was a priest, and he shared his ways one way or another."

"And I assume you've heard about her father in Haynes' words, correct?"

"Yes. Basically, what I am trying to say is that her devout imbalance has a correspondence to her spiritual self."

Mokuba still had no clue what they were talking about, so he continued observing the dueling data. Seto wasn't quite a believer in the spiritual aspects of life, so even he himself didn't catch on.

"She is a wiccan with faith in Catholicism, Asunta has what you can say, a split personality. Her more positive side being her normal self. And her darker side, taking the form of another complete being."

"How's that possible? A person owns oneself...it makes no sense..."

"But this girl's sins have been neglected. Her darker thoughts have taken form and the soul conflict caused her to create a being in her mind, Cosmo Queen."

"...so Cosmo Queen isn't real? Just like, some imaginary being..."

"Yes and no...what triggered her thoughts into focusing her darker memories into the reincarnation of Cosmo Queen was, in fact, the card itself."

"But she doesn't even remember where the card came from."

"Her darker thoughts say differ...her past is vague, and why do you think is that? The feel of retaliation was too great too control, thus creating the Cosmo Queen. However, how she developed the idea of Cosmo Queen is still yet an enigma to me..."

"That's why I like Cosmo Queen, she reminds me of my mother..." Seto remembered Asunta saying at the competition. "It was her mother..."

Father Reyes' face became questioned.

"She told me herself...don't ask why or how, that's just what I know."

A/N: Sorry! Took me awhile to think of a way to write it without making the characters sound `not them'. Now, I'm dead trying to think of a way to write it explaining Asunta's unknown stuff but still include some of the duels!!! VERY TOUGH! Erm...I hope this chapter explained a lot of things...! More secrets unveiled later on!!! And now, here is Complicated by Avril Lavigne.

Chill out
What'cha yellin for?
Lay back
It's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
You will see

I like you the way you are
When we're drivin in your car
And you're talkin to me one-on-one
But you've become

Somebody else
Round everyone else
Watchin your back
Like you can't relax
You try to be cool
You look like a fool to me

Tell me
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're
Actin like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
Life's like this you
You fall, and you crawl, and you break, and you take what you get
And you turn it into
Honesty and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it
N
o, no, no