Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ The Act of Controversy ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well...I kinda got lazy...so sorry...!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh...and you know the rest...

Seto: Hey UltimaWitch-

UltimaWitch: Still typing...

Mokuba: (it's YOUR fault for getting her mad!!!)

UltimaWitch: Not mad...just busy!

Seto: ...you're always busy...

UltimaWitch: So are YOU!!! Kaiba Corp....pssh...

Seto: Don't make me throw you out the window!!!

Mokuba: O.O;; (not cool...!)

UltimaWitch: ...oh would you???

Seto: *stares* Now who's acting all evil...

UltimaWitch: You...?

Mokuba: Oh man...this is gonna be looonnnggg...so let's ignore them and continue!!!

A/N: Ok, still more explanations ahead!!! Read thoroughly!!!

The Act of Controversy

Seto explained to Father Reyes about her mother and the story she told.

"Interesting...a memento of a lost one..." Father Reyes said.

"She lost herself after she was reminded of her mother again..."

"I see..." he said, a bit sorry for the loss.

"And your theory of this would be...?" Seto asked, almost impatient.

"I only think that my findings are the most legitimate explanation. This philosophy...light and darkness..."

"..."

"It's practically a metaphor now...light and dark cannot mix...that is what I have come up with as an assumption..."

"...really...that doesn't explain much. Everyone has sins, and everyone has honest deeds..." Seto replied in disbelief.

"It is more than simply good or bad intentions...it's spiritual diversity. As you have stated before...a person owns oneself..."

Seto was still confused.

"You are you...no other being owns you, you are the only owner of yourself...correct? Though her Wiccan heritage defies that a bit. Her own magical energy created a whole other being...a soul with no body to own and use. Cosmo Queen is that soul. Her dark and light side are two beings...causing an imbalance."

"Like that story..." he thought.

"Through research however...I have found that this is a rare occurrence. It never happened often because such emotional conflicts were never expressed so greatly often. This imbalance causes both souls to actually clash at each other...which was what might have caused the injuries..."

"An unseen battle over who keeps the body...?"

"Yes...apparently..."

"But I heard the interview...she said the presence wasn't Cosmo Queen."

"Yes, I know and that is what questions me so. I believe she called it a connection...right?"

He nodded.

"Well, I don't know exactly what to say...this is very unusual. I haven't come across a situation like this, ever. Further research is needed. I will inform you of any new findings, good day to you both..." Father Reyes said. He then left the room.

"And that was about..." Mokuba started, expecting a reply.

"Nothing...you don't need to know."

* * *

Later in the competition...

Seto and his brother were done scanning decks and found nothing. He gave up and returned to the tournament, dueling and winning. Yugi made much progress as well.

Yugi's duels were quite strange though. He got himself into an odd duel with a person claiming to be a `Rare Hunter'. He dueled for incredibly high stakes, his own life. He won the duel, but things still went berserk after so. He won and demanded an answer.

"Who are you and what do you wish to accomplish?" Yami ordered.

"Pharaoh, you duel exceptionally well. But it will take you more than simply a win at a game to stop me," the Rare Hunter said.

"Answer my question!"

"I am a Rare Hunter, a Rare Hunter searches for rare duel cards, then we take them."

"Then what do you want with me then?"

"Your miserable life, Pharaoh...your puzzle is powerful, but it will fall to the superior power of my Millennium Rod."

"WHAT? You have a Millennium Item?!!"

"Yes, and this item enables me to possess others...and that is all you need to know, for now," he said and the presence was gone. The possessed man fell to the ground unconscious and was sent to the infirmary (hospital from before).

Yugi was actually dueling for Joey's sake. Joey was in need of help, and Yugi stepped in. Then they too, headed for the hospital, just to visit a friend. It wasn't far from where the two were.

"Joey? Do you mind if we could stop by the hospital?" Yugi asked.

"Sure, but why?"

"Asunta's probably there, let's just cheer her up."

Joey's face went blank. "Err...umm, do you...remember what she did...? I just...erm...she's, y'know...the spell casting and the teleport and the...eh..." Joey whined while thinking about how many ways he could get blown up.

"I'm sure she's fine now."

"Yeah but...still, I err...don't feel comfortable around magic..."

"What?"

"C'MON YUGI!!! Can't you remember??? Shadow Realm crap!!! Millennium Items!!! Soul extracting!!! Psycho wiccas with really scary powers!!! What else do I have to say?????" he complained.

Yugi looked innocently at his terrified friend. "You don't have to go Joey...it was only a suggestion."

"No way! I DON'T wanna get myself all burnt, or zapped, or frozen or...well, DEAD!!!"

Then they arrived at the hospital. "Too ate Joey!" Yugi taunted. His ingenious plan was to have Joey talk and talk, making him follow wherever Yugi went. So Yugi led them to the hospital, knowing that Joey wouldn't be aware of anything.

Then he stared at the building in front of him, "You are one evil friend Yugi..."

"Of course I am!" Yugi said menacingly. "Really Joey, I didn't want to go alone. Sorry, but she's a friend...everyone else would probably have said no too."

"Yeah, figures...so we going in or not?"

Yugi nodded and entered the building with his friend. They went to the receptionist and asked for the room. However, Joey spotted someone familiar walk out of the waiting room.

A little boy following them spotted Joey too. "Hey! What are you guys doing here?"

Yugi stopped his question with a "never mind" and turned around. "Hi Mokuba! Where's your brother?"

"Right there...we just came because Asunta had no where to go...and also, Maggie asked us to let her stay with us so that she could ask her some more questions."

"Oh, and who's Maggie?" Joey asked.

Seto looked over to his brother and signaled him to hurry up. "Err, gotta go, sorry. Bye Yugi, bye Joey!" Mokuba said and ran to the door.

Yugi and Joey then exited right after.

* * *

Seto's pov...sorta ...

He was walking with Mokuba and Asunta following right behind. He didn't say anything, or look at her. She only looked to the ground. She followed him, holding Mokuba's hand. Then she stopped suddenly, causing Mokuba to stumble backward. Seto heard the fall and turned around. Asunta was staring at the building across the street. He looked over, it was a church.

"Do you want to go there?" Seto asked. His tone didn't get any nicer. He was still cold to her as he was with everyone else.

"Daddy was a priest. He used to take me to church. I'd look at the pretty stained glass windows."

Seto thought about it, then grabbed her arm to walk her across the street. He could feel the soft gauze still wrapped around her arms. Her hand was still holding Mokuba's and she was pulled to the entrance of the church. He let go of her.

Asunta turned to Seto, and he gave her a look of assurance. So she went in and he followed. Seto and Mokuba stood at the entrance.

Maggie was there too. She was praying to the crucifix and then she stood up to see who had just entered. She smiled and waved at them, then she walked over.

"It's nice to see you all again. Father Reyes is off doing his job but he would like to meet you sometime, Asunta," she said.

Asunta only gave Maggie a plain look and walked off. She walked slowly down the empty aisle and looked around. Asunta stared at the stained glass windows that lined the church. She remembered the images from before. Then she turned to the crucifix at the front of the church. Asunta stood there, she was staring dead at the crucifix, but then again, stared at nothing at all. "My faith for you hasn't died..." she whispered very low so that no one could hear. She closed her eyes and stood perfectly still, unaware that her wounds were bleeding even more now.

Maggie took Mokuba and showed him around. He looked at the stained glass images around him. Seto kept a close eye on Asunta. Then he noticed drops of blood trickling from her bandages on both arms.

"Omega...I can't let it win...Cosmo Queen...protect me!" she said again, still in a low voice. An image of something ran through her head and she lost control again. She sank to the ground and screamed, "LET ME GO!!! TAKE SOMEONE ELSE!!!"

Her calls to no one caught Maggie's and Mokuba's attention. Seto instantly ran over to her and tried to calm her down. She didn't struggle, she only kept screaming out seemingly absurd words to nothing. Maggie grabbed Mokuba's hand and rushed to a back room to get help.

"Asunta...calm down, it's me..." Seto said to her. He looked at her pained expression, she was bleeding again. Her bandages were soaked with blood, causing the blood to drip from it. Her forehead cuts were bleeding again also. The drops ran down her face.

"Sister! Hurry!" Maggie shouted from a distance. Then she and Mokuba ran out. A nun ran out with a wet towel. She ran over to Asunta, who had stopped her yelling and was breathing heavily. Her eyes were half open because of the blood.

"You must call the ambulance!" the nun said to Maggie.

"No, she doesn't need it..." Maggie replied.

The nun used her wet towel to wipe Asunta's blood off her face. "She's bleeding too much, bring her to the back room please."

Seto carried her and followed the nun. She told him to lay her on the carpet on the floor. After he did so, Maggie went off and returned with a bowl of water for the nun to rinse off the bloodstained towel.

She wiped off all the blood from her face. Then she removed her bandages to wipe the blood there. "What's your name?" she asked while still wiping the blood.

"Asunta Rainer."

"Pretty name, I am Sister Sara," she said back, smiling. "How on earth did you get these wounds?"

"Don't know."

"I see..." she said. She was done wiping Asunta's arms and gave Maggie the towel and bowl of water to dispose of.

A/N: AACK!!! This chapter was a lot longer than I thought! GOTTA END IT HERE! SORRY! Next chapter will be posted soon, I promise!!! Here's Slide by Goo Goo Dolls.

Could you whisper in my ear
The things you wanna feel
I'd give ya anythin'
To feel it comin'
Do you wake up on your own?
And wonder where you are
You live with all your faults

I wanna wake up where you are
I won't say anything at all
So why don't you slide
Yeah, I'm gonna let it slide

Don't you love the life you killed
The priest is on the phone
Your father hit the wall
Your ma disowned you
Don't supposed I'll ever know
What it means to be a man
Somethin' I can't change
I'll live around it