Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ A Duel Against a God ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: GAH! New chapter! Very crappy title...

Disclaimer: Don't own Yugioh...and err, yeah...

UltimaWitch: *finishes destroying all Digimon tapes* Aack! Finally, are you still alive Seto?

Mokuba: HRMPH!!!

Seto: Yeah, I'm ok...you saved me...k, won't sue your ass...

UltimaWitch: FOR WHAT???

Seto: You stole my whole DECK!!!

UltimaWitch: NO I DID NOT!!!

Seto: Then where the hell IS IT??!!

Mokuba: *whistles suspiciously* err...aah...YAMI TOLD ME TO DO IT!!!

Yami Yugi: WHAT???!!!!!

Mokuba: *runs off*

Seto: That kid has problems...

Tea: He's YOUR brother, deal with it!!!

Seto: Shuttup! You're the nice one, talk some sense into him...

UltimaWitch: Yeah, whatever...hey MOKUBA!!! WHEREVER YOU RAN AWAY TO, CAN I COME CAUSE THEN YOU'RE BROTHER IS DRIVING ME PSYCHO!!!

Mokuba: [off in the distance] OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

UltimaWitch: HELL YEAH! SAYONARA SETO! *uses magic to teleport away*

Seto: HEY! Don't leave me here with THEM!!! NO COME BACK!!!!! Oh great...anyway, just read the damn story...

A/N: erm, no duels will be written in depth in this chapter...sorry, I'd be giving away the plot of the real series then...

A Duel Against a God

"Duel him Yugi...you have to do it!" Siri shouted.

Everyone else stared at her in astonishment. Even the Rare Hunter did. They didn't know whether she said that out of encouragement, or just to lure Yugi into some futile duel.

"Traitor..." the Rare Hunter snapped.

"Shuttup! Kick his ass Yugi!!!" she kept encouraging. "If you don't do it...he's gonna kill you and take your puzzle!!!"

Then Yugi finally made up his mind. He let Yami Yugi take over and the duel was to take place outside. They wagered their rarest cards, their puzzle cards, and they played by the conditions of the Rare Hunter. If Yugi were to lose, he'd be killed and his deck and puzzle taken away. If the Rare Hunter were to lose, he'd surrender his rarest card, a God card. The duel was decided upon and each drew out their Duel Disks.

* * *

Meanwhile...

Maggie left Asunta with Seto as she went to contact Father Reyes. He had Mokuba continue to scan decks so that he could talk to Asunta. He didn't know what to feel. It was like random emotions. Did he actually feel pity? Did he even care at all? Even Seto himself couldn't answer those questions. He walked over to her, and sat down.

She turned her head slowly to position herself into a comfortable talking position. She was being laconic. "How are things going...?" she broke the silence.

Seto gave her a questioned look.

"You're still you, I see that. I know...stupid question..." she said. "What do you want then...?"

"Can't I just sit here...?"

"...you like that card Isis gave you?"

Seto gave a shocked stare. No one except Mokuba knew he had Obelisk. But he answered anyway, "Yeah...but it's only a lend."

"...this whole competition...for what?"

"The other two God cards..."

"Oh...for Isis, right?"

"Yeah."

Asunta wasn't looking at him anymore. She shifted her head from this position to another. She seemed to try and avoid eye contact with Seto. "So, what do you think is gonna happen...when they're all combined...?" she asked out of nowhere.

Seto still didn't know what she was talking about, but he replied, "I don't know..."

She stopped asking and replying. She looked out the window. Mokuba was tired of searching through decks too. He wanted to do something worth the time. So he also looked out the window.

"Can we???" Mokuba begged. He knew whenever he begged and pleaded, Seto would always give in without a fight. Mokuba's large eyes, his innocent face, no one could resist against that.

"Sure. I feel like dueling anyway."

And with that, the three left for a walk for fresh air and to duel.

* * *

And the duel begins...

Yugi switches to Yami Yugi and his opponent only smirked.

"So, I see you have gained full control of the Millennium Puzzle..." he said.

"Are we dueling, or will we talk?"

"Very well...prepare to meet your end Pharaoh..."

A/N: Take note, this is a duel that takes place in the manga version, and I didn't really describe much about the duel itself except what basically happened.

And so the duel started. The Rare Hunter started out with common cards. It was just a clash with stronger and stronger cards. No certain strategy was seen during this part of the duel. Then the Rare Hunter throws out a "slime" card in defense mode. Soon after, he placed a permanent magic card out, making it possible for the slime card to be revived from the graveyard each time it's destroyed. Yugi keeps on dueling until eventually, the Rare Hunter draws out God of Osiris. It has a special ability to attack a card directly at its own points when the card is summoned. So he attacked and destroyed Yugi's Dark Magician Girl. Then soon after, the Rare Hunter activated another permanent magic card, it let him keep as many cards as he wanted in his hand. That was useful in order to power up his Osiris since its attack and defense points are equal to how many cards in the player's hand multiplied by 1000. He also had another magic card, enabling him to draw three cards when a monster is brought back into play. Osiris' attack and defense points eventually rise and rise. Then Yugi drew the cards needed to win. He revived one of his fallen monsters, causing the Rare Hunter to draw three more cards. Then later Yugi activated a magic card that enabled him to gain control over the "slime". Yugi then played it as a special summon. Since Osiris had the ability to do direct damage to any summoned card, the slime was destroyed. He drew three more cards, and since his permanent magic card was in play, the slime kept coming back as a special summon, causing Osiris to destroy it again. The cycle continued and the Rare Hunter eventually lost by drawing out his own deck.

Yugi was the victor. He gained a puzzle card AND the God of Osiris as a prize for winning. But before Yugi could ask anymore questions, the possessed Rare Hunter said, "You may have won...but the battle is far from over...Siri, leave, now." And with those words, he fainted after the presence of the possessor was gone.

Then Yugi switched to his normal self. Everyone then turned their attention to Siri.

* * *

Meanwhile...

Seto, Mokuba, and Asunta were simply walking down a street. Asunta seemed a bit happier, holding Mokuba's hand. They whispered things back and forth, but Seto couldn't hear. He didn't want to eavesdrop either. Then his cell phone rang. He was told of the duel between Yugi and the Rare Hunter, and now Yugi possessed one of the other God cards Osiris. Seto knew now, that he had to get a chance to duel Yugi more than ever.

Just then, they all walked past a strange person, he wore a purple hooded cloak and carried something shiny in his hand. He passed by, taking a glance at Asunta, knowing her from somewhere. She also steered her head at his direction, feeling some strange presence from him as well. But it was only a glance, the boy then walked away.

"What are you staring at?" Mokuba asked.

"Nothing..."

Then after Seto finished his conversation on his cell, he wanted to go to Yugi to see the card for himself. "Mokuba, I'm sorry, I have to see Yugi."

"...that's ok. I don't mind, we'll still get to walk around," he replied, smiling. So they headed for the game shop.

* * *

Back to Yugi...

Bakura ran to the phone to call the ambulance for the unconscious Rare Hunter.

Then they all eyed Siri. She didn't know what to say. "What?" was the only thing she could break out.

"You knew who that guy, didn't you?" Joey asked.

"Tell us Siri...what did he want with Yugi?" Tea asked, concerned about their situation.

"...he's a Rare Hunter...I'm a Rare Hunter too," she admitted in a guilty manner.

Everyone gasped. "A Rare Hunter...? So what do you want with Yugi?" Tristan still questioned.

"I only do what my boss says...he wants Yugi dead for some reason. I don't know why. But he also wants all the God cards."

"What are the God cards...I've heard about them several times..." Yugi said.

"They're supposed to be these really powerful cards. But there's three in this city...Yugi, you have one."

Yugi took out his deck and fingered through his cards and took out Osiris. He stared at the card.

"That's the one. It was his to begin with, but now you have it and he's gonna be really mad."

"I think I dueled him once before..." Yugi said, recalling the duel the other day.

"Maybe...he also has this Millennium Item, the rod," she explained.

"That's right! I remember now!"

"Tell us more..." Bakura encouraged her.

Siri was sitting there, frowning. She knew not to tell anyone anything about his plans for the God cards. For a young and conceited girl, she knew well what virtue was. Siri didn't know what to do though. "Should I tell them...?" she thought. "NO! Orders are orders!" she kept debating with herself.

"Siri...please, tell us..." Serenity asked.

A/N: AIYEEEEE!!!! ANOTHER CLIFF HANGER!!! I AM SO SORRY THIS ONE CAME SO LATE!!!!! GAAAAHHH!!!! MY PARENTS ARE BEING BITCHES! BLAME THEM!!!!! Anyway, here's All You Wanted by Michelle Branch.

I wanted to be like you
I wanted everything
So I tried to be like you
And I got swept away

I didn't know that
It was so cold
And you needed someone
To show you the way
So I took your hand
And we figured out
That when the tide comes
I'd take you away

If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away
From here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted
Was somebody who cares

I'm sinking slowly
So hurry hold me
Your hand is all I have
To keep me hanging on
Please can you tell me
So I can finally see
Where you go
When you're gone