Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ To the Peak of Kaiba's Success ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: GAAH!!! I NEED TO FINISH THIS FIC BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Don't own Yugioh.

UltimaWitch: Ohhh...I wanna go on another spree...

Seto: No! You stay HERE and narrate the damn story!

UltimaWitch: NO! You can't make me!!! I wanna go listen to my new Linkin Park CD!!! Hybrid Theory rocks!!!!!!!!

Mokuba: Oh cool! LINKIN PARK!?? Buy some trance party soundtrack next time!

UltimaWitch: Sure. But you know what the cool thing is?

Seto & Mokuba: What?

UltimaWitch: I only had to pay half for the CD. You would've made me work off everything if you took me on a spree Seto!!!

Seto: WHAT??? NO I WOULDN'T!!!

Mokuba: Umm...you know...she was one of our servants for like a year after you invited her to the dinner party thing...

Seto: Oh yeah huh?

UltimaWitch: MEANIE!!! I WON'T FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT!!! ...oi, Mokuba, tell this one again. I wanna sleep... *goes to the couch and lays down*

Seto: HEY!!! You're supposed to be narrating!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??? YOU SUCK ULTIMAWITCH!!!!!

UltimaWitch: \\ He has the looks but he's too mean...maybe I should hang out with Malik...and look who's the bad language influence on Mokuba now..??? \\

Mokuba: Fine...here's the chapter...umm...what was it called???

A/N: Ok, listening to my new CD is soooo cool! You're prolly thinking I'm weird for going gaga over a simple CD...well, that's cause I never get to buy anything for myself due to the crappiness of my parents...so now, I got another CD in a long time! And erm...I wanna know if you people here at mediaminer think that I should post this on ff.net. I mean, post these Battle City chapters...not finish posting the other ones and then these...I wanted to post these Battle City ones as another different fanfic there. Tell me what you think.

To the Peak of Kaiba's Success

"Mokuba's gone...MOKUBA'S GONE!!!" Seto repeated over and over in his mind. He ran around the house, thinking it was another of his little games. "MOKUBA!!! MOKUBA!!!! COME OUT NOW!!!" he yelled out. He ran downstairs back to his office and Pandora was trying to get up. He ran to her and grabbed her arm. "WHERE THE HELL IS MOKUBA!?!?" he asked.

She shook her head in fear and in puzzlement. "I-I don't know..." she muttered.

"Tell me!!!" he shook her.

"I told you! I DON'T KNOW!!!" she yelled at him, her eyes dilated.

"She's not lying..." he thought. Then Seto let her go and tried to remember what she said under possession.

"Meet me at the top of the Kaiba Corp. building tomorrow noon," he thought.

Pandora still stood there. Seto dropped into his chair. "Mokuba...he's gone...again," he muttered.

"What happened?" she asked. "W-where's Mokuba? I thought he was sleeping," she said. Pandora was absolutely clueless. She had no idea what happened.

"Then they must have her too..." he whispered out. "They want Obelisk..." he continued to say. "They can't have it...Isis counted on me to get her the other two...I can't become another failure..."

"KAIBA!!! What happened here???" Pandora started being serious. She was usually always so docile, but she had a will and if it was necessary, she would raise her voice.

He looked at her. "Do you know who the Rare Hunters are?" he asked her.

"The what? No, I don't," she shook her head.

"I don't know who they are exactly either...but they want one of my cards. They took Mokuba and I think Asunta too," he explained.

"Well, then, shouldn't we go to the police?" she asked.

"No."

"Then, what do we do?"

"They said for me to be at the top of the Kaiba Corp. building tomorrow noon. I'll be there..."

"...wait...you can't just go. Umm...I-I'll go with you!" she shot out trying to think of something to say.

Seto looked at her. She wasn't too sure herself if she wanted to go or not. "You sure?"

"Yes. I'll go with you...I'll be there if Mokuba will need my help. I really like him, I care about him too you know!" she said. It was like as though she admitted it.

"Fine, just don't get into my way..." he warned.

"Do you think I would?!?! I just wanna clear up that I'm not some helpless girl, OK???" she yelled back. She did want it loud and clear.

Seto didn't seem to care. One thing about him that everyone hated, he was arrogant. He believed too much in transcendence, thinking he could do everything himself. It didn't take someone who knew him personally to notice it. Pandora saw it immediately and knew it would perhaps lead to more trouble so she decided to stick with him, but mainly to win him over by saving Mokuba though.

Seto couldn't sleep knowing his brother was elsewhere. But after Pandora pleaded over and over that it'd be better if he did get rest for tomorrow, he decided to do so.

* * *

Meanwhile...

Asunta sat in the chair still, waiting for nothing to come. She was so bored and knew she'd eventually be killed. She just didn't want anyone else to die in the process. It was silent. Then she heard a boy yelling for someone to let go from out the door. It opened and the boy was thrown in, the door was shut behind him. He fell to the floor. It was much too dark to see his face but his voice showed her who the boy was.

"I CAN SEE YOU!!! What do you want???" he warned after getting up.

"Mokuba...? What are you...they took you too?" she asked. "Bastards..." she thought.

"Umm...Asunta! I told Seto it was strange you didn't show up! He didn't believe me..." Mokuba explained.

"...It's ok, I know your brother, he'd come and save us, won't he?" she assured him.

"Yeah...Seto always comes to rescue me whenever I'm in trouble...!"

Then Asunta took out something from her pocket. "Here..." she said and put it in Mokuba's hand.

He couldn't see what it was. "What is it?"

"The money your brother gave me. I can't take it, so you keep it for me."

They smiled at each other, even when they really couldn't see it. But the seemingly happy reunion ended when someone had entered the room. Asunta held Mokuba close.

"Take out your Duel Monsters deck," he said.

Asunta did so.

"I see...so you're all set for tomorrow."

"What? What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"You're gonna duel someone."

"Who?"

"I'm sure you know. And just to make sure you'll cooperate..." he started to say. He took out a shining object. It glimmered from the dim light but neither Asunta or Mokuba could see what it was. She did remember it from somewhere though. He waved it and Mokuba's head drooped down.

"...Mokuba...what did you do???" she asked.

Then he held out the object. Mokuba walked over to him and stood beside him.

"You're gonna duel my brother..." Mokuba said. His voice was empty and without feeling. It reminded her of when his soul was taken away, but she knew that wasn't what just happened.

"You're making me duel Seto?" she asked. "What makes you think that I'm going to win? You should know that he's out of my league."

"Do I care? It isn't your life you're risking..."

Asunta's eyes widened. "NO!!! DON'T HURT MOKUBA!!!" she warned.

"A simple threat isn't gonna stop me you know...". Then he had Mokuba open the door and he exited the room with him.

"I'm gonna have to duel Seto? Why??? I can't beat him!!!" she said to herself. She thought this certain person was completely insane.

* * *

The next day...

Seto woke up at about 10. He looked around and it was extremely quiet. His alarm clock was set for him to wake earlier, at least that was what he could remember. He decided to sneak out before Pandora would know he left. "I can't let her get in the way..." Seto kept thinking. "It doesn't matter how much she cares about him, I can't risk it."

Seto got changed into his long white trench coat with the black shirt and pants. Then he took his deck and duel disk and walked quietly out his room. He walked down the hall, down the stairs, and then to the front door. Just when he was about to open the door, the knob turned before he even touched it. Then the door opened to reveal Pandora. She was still dressed the same way as she did the day before.

"Pandora...what are you-"

"A-hah! You tried to sneak out without me!" she said, pointing at him. She wasn't mad or upset, she actually smirked a bit.

"What...? So you waited outside this whole time to make sure I wouldn't leave without you?" he asked her, not amused of her unexpected return.

"Well actually, no. I sneaked into your room while you were asleep and turned off the alarm clock so you'd get some extra sleep!" she said.

"What? Why?"

"Because...well, first of all, while talking to Mokuba, I found out that you happen to wake a bit later without your alarm clock. And second of all, you set it to like 6! That's WAY too early considering how late we stayed up last night!!! And of course I needed to make sure you wouldn't go without me when I went to get my stuff!" she explained.

Seto glared at her.

She looked nervous. "What...? I needed to get my deck and duel disk too. And my wand just in case I needed it."

"Your wand?"

"You didn't know? My magic acts are real...I'm a mage! Magic might be needed...you never know..." she tried making herself an excuse that didn't sound too childish.

Seto was getting impatient with her. "Let's go already."

So they left the mansion. Seto had one of his limousines drive them. But instead of going anywhere, Seto decided to head down town.

"Huh? HEY, HEY, HEY!!! Where do you think you're going???" Pandora asked when the driver turned the car.

The driver looked questioned.

"We're gonna go there...right now. I don't care when they said to be there...we're going. So are you still coming?" Seto said.

Pandora looked a bit angry. "You care that much, do you? Yeah, I'm still in..." she replied with her arms crossed. She looked out the window. "Damn...wanted to spend some time somewhere first...at least I'd get a chance to tell him how I feel..." she thought. She looked out the window and saw a few duelists already dueling. She also felt bad because she was behind in the duels. Then she remembered about how Yugi was so nice to her.

"She isn't committed enough...she better not screw this up..." Seto thought. Then they finally arrived at the building.

Pandora gazed at the height of it. The building was so tall, her eyes were blinded by the morning sun when she looked to the top. They exited the car and Seto took out his deck and disk. Pandora already had hers on and her rod in the other hand. They entered the building and took the stairs to the roof. It was Pandora's idea, thinking it would be quicker that way since she ran so fast. Seto fell a few steps behind but not that far. Then they finally reached the door to the roof, Pandora shoved the door open and her eyes widened at what she saw after the blinding light of the sun had cleared.

A/N: Umm...would this be considered a cliffhanger? I doubt so, but if it is...then MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Friend #1: You are REALLY annoying...

Friend #2: SHUTTUP!!! She might turn all Red Queen again...

Friend #1: Oh yeah...

(all go away)

UltimaWitch: Hehehe...I'm SUCH a genius...pretending to turn into Red Queen...

A/N: Here's Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin...wow...I put in the whole song this time...

Sunny came home to her favorite room
Sunny sat down in the kitchen
She opened a book and a box of tools
Sunny came home with a mission

She says days go by
I'm hypnotized
I'm walking on a wire
I close my eyes and

F
ly out of my mind
Into the fire

Sunny came home with a list of names
She didn't believe in transcendence
It's time for a few small repairs she said
Sun
ny came home with a vengeance

She says days go by
I don't know why
I'm walking on a wire
I close my eyes and

F
ly out of my mind
Into the fire

Get the kids and bring a sweater
Dry is good and wind is better
Count the years, you always knew it
St
rike a match, go on and do it

Days go by
I'm hypnotized
I'm walking on a wire
I close my eyes and

Fly out of my mind
Into the fire

Light the sky and hold on tight
The world is burning down
She's out there on her own and she's alright
Sunn
y came home
Sunny came home...