Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of the Cards, Guide Me ❯ After All The Pain ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. Do own Sakura and Meritaten.

Chapter eight: After All The Pain

All had worked out well. Pegasus was gone for good. Sakura was alive and she had found true love.
Joey discovered feelings for Mai, Tristan fell in love with Serenity, and Téa seemed attracted to Bakura. These couples were married a few years after they graduated.
After a while Sakura found out who her mother was. Her mother had been murdered a few months after Sakura was born, killed by a knife in the heart. That hadn't been any surprise to Sakura. She went to her mother's grave and placed a red rose on it. She started crying softly, and Yugi put his hand on her shoulder for support, a few tears sliding down his face, too.
Everyone was happy at Yugi and Sakura's wedding. Sakura was wearing a plain white gown. Yugi was reminded why he loved her. She looks like an angel, he thought. As she walked down the aisle and 'I do's' were said, Sakura was beyond happy. Yugi placed the serpent ring on Sakura's slender finger and they kissed. It was true bliss for the both of them.
They got a little house of their own. Sakura was a librarian and a writer; Yugi became an archaeologist.
Sakura came home one day and Yugi was reading the paper.
"Went to the doctor's," Sakura said.
"Mm-hmm," Yugi said, not really looking up from his paper.
"I'm in good health," Sakura said.
"Mm-hmm," Yugi said.
"I have good news," Sakura said.
"Yeah?" Yugi asked, putting down the paper and getting up from the table. Sakura smiled. "What is it?" Yugi asked.
"I'm going to have a baby!" Sakura said.
This wasn't what Yugi had expected, but he was extremely happy all the same. "Congratulations!" he said.
"You're going to be a daddy," Sakura said.
"You don't say?" Yugi asked, joking. He hugged her, careful not to hug too hard, putting his forehead on hers.
"Hey, can I talk to Pharaoh?" Meritaten whispered in Yugi's ear.
"What?" Pharaoh asked.
"Again I carry you child, Pharaoh," Meritaten said, putting her head on his shoulder.
"Let's hope he has time to live this time," Pharaoh said, kissing Meritaten's hair.
Soon enough the boy was born, a healthy boy named Li. A girl was born a year after that, Ami, who had green eyes and red hair just like her mother. Both children got good grades and graduated with the best grades in their classes. Both went to respectable colleges. Li became an archaeologist and Ami became a writer.
But, because everyone and everything has to die sometime, at the age of sixty Sakura and Yugi died together in their sleep. Ami inherited the ring and was more than surprised when voices started talking to her in her head. Li got the millennium puzzle, and he was also amazed at the surprises it held.
And, of course, Li and Ami had adventures of their own. But, hey, that's another story in itself.