Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Shadow and Light ❯ Bonus Chapter One ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Sky Water
Author: Lechan
Part: 1/1
Warnings: None, unless fluffy stuff is considered dangerous…
Paring: Yami and Yugi, of course! ^-^
 
Description: On his way home from school, Yugi is caught in a thunderstorm. Realizing that rain was a scarce thing in Egypt, Yugi shares his knowledge and feelings with Yami. Showing the boy from the desert, the beauty of the rain.
 
A.N. This was inspired as I was standing outside in the rain this afternoon. ^-^ I was thinking how it must have felt to live in the desert never knowing the beauty of rain, and then, viola, a YuGiOh ficlet was born. So here it is, my fic dedicated to Yami and his lost memories… Sort of… ^-^
P.S. I know that the desert does get rainfall and that it is not possible for Yami to never have seen it, but it would have been very few times, and far between for him. ^-^
 
 
Sky Water
 
The sky was dark, grey, and full of natural danger. It was the beginnings of a storm. A natural phenomenon that Yugi had grown up with, one that hardly brought any significance with it at all. Something that Yugi harbored no emotion for aside from the painful annoyance of knowing that he would be soaked long before he ever made it home.
Yet, today was different.
As the clouds drew ever closer, lightening jumping from surface to surface, alighting the nearly blackened sky briefly, Yugi felt a deft trill of excitement run up his spine. An excitement that Yugi knew was not his own. Thunder rumbled from over head and Yugi was glad that he'd chosen to wait out the storm from under the cover of the school's breezeway.
Aibou… what is that?
The voice of his dark half whispered and Yugi shivered slightly, delighted by the wispy voice that chilled his senses. He felt his darkness seep out of the confines of the puzzle materializing into a hazy image by his side, eyes gazing longingly up at the darkening sky.
Yugi watched the beautiful face of his other, admiring the sharpness of Yami's features, as the crimson eyes penetrated the sky above. It's a thunderstorm, Yami. It means we're going to get lots and lots of rain. Yugi replied mentally watching as his dark's eyes drifted over to him, watching him before another shaft of lightening yanked away his attention. Yugi smiled lightly, awed by Yami's fascination.
Sky water…
Yugi blinked at the odd term, cocking his head to the side curiously. Sky water, Yami? Yugi asked after a moment, and for a long time his dark remained quiet watching the play of light as it leaped across from cloud to cloud, sometimes streaking down to touch the earth before vanishing into the darkness of the night.
Yes, Aibou. Sky water, it's when the water falls from the sky. It's something, I know deep inside, that I've never seen for myself outside of your life. I remember, that I first saw it here, when I fought the gang that had Jonouchi captive, but at the time I could not really think of it that much… now…
Yugi nodded in understanding, now that he knew he was a Pharaoh once upon a time, the rain really was an oddity. Yugi smiled softly, wishing that he could share the knowledge of rain with his other half, but knowing it was nearly impossible all the same.
A sudden booming crash brought the downpour with it, and soon the muggy air turned damp and chilled, as the water droplets struck the earth, darkening the soil and pavement and making a sharp singing sound that brought joy to his chest. Yugi wondered briefly if Yami also felt the sharp thrill of excitement.
Turning his gaze toward the taller man, Yugi looked up at the once Pharaoh, enjoying the way his eyes seemed to smolder under the falling rain, longing to feel it on his flesh, completely engulfed by his curiousness, all of his regal and confident air nullified by the childlike fascination that glowed on his face.
Yugi couldn't help but wonder what it must have been like to never know rain, or thunderstorms. To only know of them through stories, to believe that they were but a myth.
Sure there was rain in Egypt, but it wasn't as natural—or frequent—of an occurrence as it was here in Domino, and Yami didn't have his memories yet to recall at time that he may have experienced it. Meaning, as of right now, Yami had never once known rain.
With a firm expression Yugi dropped his bag. It must have startled his yami, for Yami jumped and whirled on him eyes wide with concern.
Aibou?
Yugi threw his other a smile as he stepped out from the cover of the breeze way. The rain water struck him harshly, making him shiver at the drastic temperature change. Yugi enjoyed the sensation, the usual feel of rain drops drifting through his hair, running along his scalp and down his rounded cheeks to pool on his chin, as yet more drizzled down the back of his neck and arms.
Aibou! Yami sounded concerned now, and Yugi turned with a bright smile reaching out his hand for Yami, and the spirit seemed confused by his action momentarily, before giving in and grasping the hand in his un-solid grip and stepping into the rain as well.
The rain drops that rolled off of Yugi's skin, fell straight through Yami's form and the Pharaoh seemed saddened by that fact, as his eyes roamed over Yugi's now damp form.
Aibou, I can not feel the rain. You know this.
Yugi only grinned a moment, his eyes drifting shut as he willed the transfer to occur. I know Yami… I know.
Yugi felt the cold wisp of magic as Yami took over, and soon felt the rain no longer. Hearing the surprised gasp to his side Yugi opened his eyes, looking over at his own body, though much different than what he always saw in the mirror.
Yugi couldn't suppress the giggle of delight that bubbled up inside of him as he watched the crimson eyed Pharaoh, move his hand experimentally in the falling water. Feeling the chilled liquid run through his hair, across his skin, and through his fingers, with a fascination one would only understand if they had been deprived that simple joy the entirety of their lives.
Aibou… this is… this is…
Yugi smiled, giggling again with a nod when his dark met his eyes, those crimson orbs filled with joy.
A child of the desert, in love with the rain.
Dou itashimashi te, Yami. Yugi beamed, receiving a loving look from his dark, one that made him tingle from head to foot.
Arigatou, Aibou. For once Yami seemed not to know what to say, and that was just fine by Yugi, and now the prospect of getting wet on the way home no longer bothered him. Just so long as he could keep his dark in the fall of that rain for as long as it took for Yami to be completely satisfied.
His darkness turned back to the flashing sky, and Yugi grinned, wondering if his Yami even knew, how much like the storm he truly was.
 
The rain fell on. …Sky water. Yeah, that fits it just about right.
Yugi smiled, and led his dark through the rain, towards home.
 
~~~~~~~~
(End Theme: “Here in Your Arms” -Hellogoodbye)
 
I like where we are,
When we drive, in your car
I like where we are.... Here

Cause our lips, can touch
And our cheeks, can brush
Our lips can touch here

Well, you are the one, the one that lies close to me
Whisper's "Hello, I miss you quite terribly"
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be but here in your arms

I like where you sleep,
When you sleep, next to me.
I like where you sleep... here

Our lips, can touch
And our cheeks, can brush
Our lips can touch here

Well, you are the one, the one that lies close to me
Whisper's "Hello, I miss you quite terribly"
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be but here in your arms

Our lips, can touch
Our lips, can touch...here

You are the one the one that lies close to me
Whisper's "Hello, I miss you quite terribly"
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be but here in your

You are the one the one that lies close to me
Whisper's hello I miss you, I miss you
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be but here in your arms

Here in your arms.
Here in your arms.
 
 
A.N. Yeah, short, sickly sweet, and to the point. As you may already know this is a shorter piece done for my Fic Memories of Shadow and Light, mentioned in chapter 5. ^-^ Well, all the same please let me know what you think. ^-^ Lechan loves reviews. ^-^ Till next time.