Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Ribbon ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bakura: Where is she?

Marik: How should I know?

Ryou: I think she’s trying to plan on what her next story is going to be.

Bakura: Isn’t two stories enough?

Not if you got something popped into your head.

Marik: There you are.

You know the rules.

B/M/R: YGO Cupid does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Ryou: Now on with the chapter.

**********************

Ch. 6: Ribbon

It’s the month of October now and all the decorations for Halloween were up all around the school. It was five days to the dance, and almost everyone is paired up, except for Yami.

He didn’t mind going to the dance, but the fact that every girl in the building, who doesn’t have a boyfriend, asked him to go with them was starting to annoy him. ‘I haven’t seen that bitch for awhile. Heh. Must have finally wised up.’ He thought and rubbed his neck, were there was a huge, but healing bruise. ‘Damn, he wasn’t kidding when he meant that I was going to witness pain, as if I didn’t, at least it wasn’t too bad and he was more tired than drunk, so that saves me more time to sleep.’ He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black and orange paper flower, which looks like a rose, and read the note.

‘Hi Yami,

I know that I gave you flowers each school day, and I noticed that you’ve been asked a lot to go to the dance, but let them down. I guess what I mean is that, if you want to, would you go to the dance with me? If yes, then tie the black ribbon on the tree in front of the library. I’ll be seeing your answer.

-Watching Angel.’

He looked from the note to the flower which had a long black ribbon on it. ‘I could finally meet this mysterious ‘Watching Angel’, but…’ He looked up at the clock, which read 11:30 a.m., ten minutes till lunch. ‘I wanted to ask Yugi to come with me.’ He took out his black book and looked over a passage that was done a month prior.

‘Journal,

I feel like I’m in heaven. Yugi’s place is actually a small game shop and his grandfather is the kindness old man I have ever met. The first day of the sleep over, I admit, I felt kind of strange, because I’m almost eighteen, and this is the first time I’ve been in a sleep over. But after settling in, I felt a bit comfortable. The second day we went to the mall, which I kind of needed some new outfits, but I didn’t tell anyone. After the mall, we went out to eat at this local burger place, and I have to remember that Yugi’s favorite food is cheese burgers. No kidding, his eyes light up when we were starting to eat. And you know what, I could trade this life style then the one back in the apartment. But… Remember when I said that I wasn’t gay, well, I got two things to say. Bull-shit. That’s right I’m gay. You want to know how I realized this. Here are a few points.

1) I couldn’t help feel like my heart is ready to burst out of my chest when I see him smile or when I’m talking to him.

2) I couldn’t stop blushing when we went to the pool and he’s wearing his hibiscus print swim trunks and he was bear from the waist up.

3) I almost kissed him when he fell asleep from watching a movie we were watching.

Yeah, I’m gay, and… I think I’m in love with Yugi.

‘Journal,

That bitch is finally ignoring me. It’s a miracle! But I still wonder who this ‘Watching Angel’ person is. I doubt this person is a girl, because she would have to be clever to sneak in and not be seen by a guy. Any way, the bastard is staying out later than usual, which is fine, it gives me more time to sleep. The bruises from that Monday night when I got back from school are healing nicely, but my body still hurts. Oh well, there’s always a bright side to things. Speaking of which, here comes Yugi.’

‘Journal,

I have been having these strange dreams lately. No they don’t cause me to wet myself. But my dream did start off with me being in the middle of the ocean or something in the worst part of the storm. I start to sink into the water and images of my painful past appear, making me feel that I don’t want to live anymore, then these hands start to appear from the depths and start to drag me even deeper in the water. But then a light showed up, making the hands back off. The light is then formed into the angel whose face is hidden with a cloth. And when I finally get to see the angel’s face, I wake up. But here’s the strange thing, I think I know who the angel is, but I can’t put my finger on it. Well, I hope I get to figure it out soon, because there’s a dance coming up, and I plan to ask Yugi to come with me.’

The bell rang, signaling everyone to go out to lunch. Yami gathered his stuff and walked towards the library.

Along the way, he spotted Yugi, heading towards the library. “Yugi!” He called and ran towards the other.

Yugi turned around and smiled. “Hey Yami, what’s up?” He asked.

“Nothing much. You?”

“Same.”

“Um, Yugi, I was… wondering, if you would… umm.”

Yugi looked a bit surprised, but kept a straight face. “ Go to the dance with you.” He finished for the other.

“Yeah.” Yami said, scratching the back of his head. “Would you?”

“I really like to, but Grandpa wants me to help work on the game shop that night and I probably won’t make it. Sorry.” Yugi apologized.

Yami was a bit hurt and disappointed, but, he got plan B, even though it won’t be the same. “That’s O.K. Yugi.” He said as he wrapped his arm around the small teen’s shoulder. “I know family means a lot to you.” Which is half true. ‘At lest he has a relative that cares about him and not like that son-of-a-bitch.’

Yugi smiled. “Thanks Yami.”

“Anytime.”

When they reached to the library, Yami looked at the tree.

“Yugi. Would you mind waiting for me inside, I have to do something right quick.”

“O.K.” Yugi said and Yami ran over to the tree and quickly put the ribbon around the tree.

When that was done, he ran back and entered the library.

“What’s up?” Yugi asked when Yami sat down.

“Oh nothing, just checking something.” Yami lied and thought. ‘Damn. I hate it when I have to lie, especially to Yugi.’

“Hello? Earth to Yami.” Yugi said waving his hand in front of the other’s face.

“Huh? Wha?” Yami said as he snapped back to reality.

“You spaced out on me there.” Yugi said, then placed his forehead on the other’s, which caused Yami to blush.

“W-What a-are you d-doing?” Yami asked, liking this sort of closeness.

“Seeing if you’re coming down with something.” Yugi explained as he retreded, which made the other silently disappointed.

“Well, Dr. Yugi, how am I?” Yami teased, making sure the other doesn’t notice anything off about him.

“It’s a bit warm, but you’re healthy enough to go just about anywhere.” Yugi played along.

They laughed, until they were hushed by, not only the librarian, but also the other students who were there.

*Apartment*

Yami was humming a song he heard while walking to the bus and now he couldn’t get it out of his head. For some reason he seemed glad to be back at the apartment when he entered, but thought it was because he had a good day. “Let’s see.” He said looking inside the fridge for something to eat. ‘Beer, beer, beer, … Ha!’ He grabbed an apple that was hidden with the numerous stacks of beer. ‘Looks like I have to make another something edible run to the store again.’ He plopped down on the couch and turned on the T.V.

He watched the news for awhile (since there was nothing else on), and had a breaking headline that happened moments ago.

“We’re here at the homicide scene where four men are found dead at a local bar, just outside of Domino.” The reporter said as they showed the body bags, which have the bodies in. “The first three were identified, but the fourth is still unknown. Back to you.”

He got a glimpse of the three pictures of the men and recognized them as his step-father’s ‘buddies’. He turned off the T.V. and sat there in silence for awhile. ‘That poor bastard.’ He thought. ‘He may not be the greatest person alive, but that doesn’t mean I have to respect the now proclaimed dead.’

*Somewhere in the alley*

There was a small group of people in the dark alley. There were three shady men, who held daggers, that show that they have been used before, and a woman with a small photo.

“So, we have a deal then?” The woman is Tea and she looked up at the leader.

The leader looked at the photograph a bit more and grinned. “We get rid of the weakling and you get the prize.” He said. “What are you suppose to gain from all this?”

“I DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT I GAIN!!” Tea yelled then calmed. “I have ways to get what I want, even if its low.”

The man wickedly smiled. “O.K. then, you got yourself a deal. We’ll make sure this Yugi never existed.” He dropped the picture of a smiling Yugi to the wet pavement and tore it up with his shoe.

*Apartment*

Yami was taking stuff out his bag and got out a note that looked like a happy jack o’ lantern. He looked over at the note, which read:

‘I noticed you put the ribbon on the tree. So, for the dance, would you meet me in the center of the auditorium.

-Watching Angel.’

‘There’s going to be a lot of people at the dance.’ He thought as he scratched his head. ‘I know it’s a guy, and, from the notes, he seems kind, and very creative with the flowers.’ Then something hit him that made his eyes wide with realization. ‘Wait a minute, could it be…?’ He sighed. “Looks like I’ll find out at the dance.” He said with a small smile.

***********************

That’s it for this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it. Please R&R and I’ll post up a new chapter soon.