Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Party Crashed ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Marik: I wonder what’s her excuse this time.

Bakura: Diddo

Jou: Hey! Give da gal a break, she’s been working on dis story for some time.

Yami: He’s right.

Bakura: The only reason you agree is because you’re the main character in this story.

Yami: She’d included you in her last story.

Bakura: Yeah, but the main focus was on you and Yugi.

Yami: *shrugs* Could you blame us for being a perfect match?

*booms through the door* SORRY EVERYONE! I HAD CHORES TO DO AND THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN TAKEN FOR AWHILE! *trips* Ouch…

Yami: YGO Cupid does not own Yu-Gi-Oh, if she did, the first thing she’d get rid of is Tea/Anzu.

Thank you Yami.

Yami: Your welcome

Oh! Before I forget. In the this and the next chapters are going to be a bit graphic, so if you have a problem with a few scenes in this story, I apologize in the highest of my ability.

Bakura: You? Graphic?

Marik: This is about You-Know-Who, isn’t it.

Yes.

All: Damn.

********************************

Ch. 7: Party Crashed

~*School: Lunch: Day of the Dance*~

Yami sat at the library, working on his homework, kinda. ‘Come on Yugi, what’s taking you so long?’ He thought as he stared at his algebra problem.

Yugi used the other door of the library and decided to sneak up behind the older teen. “BOO!” He said, causing the other to jump.

“Yugi!” Yami said as Yugi laughed.

Everyone, including the librarian ignored them, knowing that they were going to quiet down.

“You were scared.” Yugi teased.

“No. But you did almost gave me a heart attack.” Yami said as Yugi sat down.

“Sorry, but I couldn’t help it.”

“No harm done.”

Yugi smiled, then he looked as he realized something and started to dig his backpack.

“What are you looking for?”

“This.” Yugi said as he pulled out a white, rectangular box and handed it to the other.

“What is it?” Yami asked.

“First off, I didn’t know if you had a costume or not, so I thought I’d make one.” Yugi explained then quickly added. “That and I was bored out of my mind on a homework assignment.”

Yami opened the lid and his eyes became wide with shock.

The costume was all black, with the exception of the gold-painted chest plate that covered the upper part of the chest and the cape had a ruby red interior.

“Yugi, it’s… wow.” He was speechless.

“You’re welcome.” Yugi said contently smiling.

“Thank-you Yugi.” Yami said, still bewildered about how well the costume was done. ‘He even mended the fake gems on the chest plate. But why would he make something like this for me?’ “You must have put a lot of time to make this.”

“The chest plate did, the cape was easy to make, and everything else I found at a cheap clothing store.” Yugi said.

Yami smiled and put the lid back on and put it in his bag. “Do you have a costume Yugi?” He asked.

“Kinda, but I don’t think I’m going to wear it though.” Yugi said.

“Why?”

“Because I’m helping Grandpa with the shop and I look kinda silly in my costume anyway.”

“Oh really? And what are you suppose to be if you were to wear your costume?”

The bell rang at that moment.

“Better get to class.” Yugi said as he quickly got up and headed toward the door, with Yami following.

“See you later then.” Yami said.

“Always.” Yugi said as they parted ways.

‘Something’s a bit off with him today.’ Yami thought as he looked back only to see that the small teen is nowhere to be seen.

~*Apartment: 6 p.m.*~

“Looks like I’m going to dodge a lot of people to get to the center of the dance floor.” Yami said while straightening his costume of the evening. ‘Damn. I still can’t get over how Yugi did such a good job on this outfit.’ He smiled as he started to get ready to head out. ‘I hope that I’m right about you, Watching Angel.’

*Dance Floor*

He waited at the center of the dance floor, but every few seconds, someone would come up and ask for a dance round, but he denied the request. He looked left and right to find some kind of sign that Watching Angel is here. ‘O.K. where are you?’ He thought through the loud booming music and the many lights that are going in more ways than the highway intersect.

“Yo, yo, yo! DJ in the house y’all! How are we doing tonight!” The DJ announced, making everyone, but Yami, cheer. “In just a few moments, we’re going to pick out the best costume to be crowned! So don’t move too fast that you’re a blur, and don’t move too slow either!”

He let out a sigh and continued to wait.

“Yami.” A quiet, but clear as glass, voice said behind him.

He turned around and couldn’t believe his eyes. ‘Tha-That looks like the angel in my dream.’ He thought as he looked at the supposed ‘Watching Angel’.

‘Watching Angel’ has the same kind of style as Yami, but its was all white, silver-painted bracelets were on his wrists and some went up the arm, the cape was smaller, from shoulder to tailbone, and has a light blue interior, and the head was covered, except the eyes, with a white cloth.

“Watching Angel?” Yami asked hoping he’s right.

‘Watching Angel’ nodded and looked up.

‘Those eyes!’ Yami thought as he looked at the amethyst eyes. He smiled and held out his hand. “Would you like to dance?”

Watching Angel took its hand into his and the dance between the tow began.

*Outside*

“So, where’s shorty missy?” The man said to Tea, who was looking behind one of four doors in the auditorium.

“Keep your pants on! It’s hard to see when there’s so many people around.” She said as her eyes scanned around the room. ‘Where are you, you little son-of-a-bitch.’ Her eyes landed on Yami, who was having a great time. ‘That should be me out there with him.’ She looked to who he was dancing with. ‘Think you could hide from me!’ “See that small one wearing that stupid white costume with his head covered up.” She said to the man.

“Yeah, that him?” The man asked.

“There’s only one guy in this damn school whose that short.” She said.

“Alrighty miss. We’ll see what we can do.” The man said as he disappeared.

She looked back onto the dancing couple with disgust. ‘I hope you enjoyed the dance, because this will be your last.’

*Dance*

“Alright! Alright! The judges have picked the top five and it’s up to you to decide who should be crowned the best costume!” The DJ announced.

The first one was a guy in a zombie outfit, next came a gothic doll with a fake bleeding knife on her back, one was an oshterige rider, then there was a black knight with a steel fox tail.

“And now, for our final contestant!” The DJ said as he opened a slip of paper. “Well folks, looks like we have two final contestants! Give a scream for the light and dark couple!”

The light reveled Yami and Watching Angel.

“Come on up you two!” The DJ said.

Watching Angel’s posture showed that it felt shy and uneasy with all the crowds looking at them.

Yami sensed this and wrapped an arm around the small teen’s waist. “Don’t worry too much, Yugi.”

Watching Angel looked up, eyes showing shock. “How did you know.” Watching Angel a.k.a Yugi said as they reached up to the stage, because Yami guided them up.

“It took me awhile to realize it, but in the end, I had to see if it was true or not.” Yami said.

Then they heard the whole audience scream.

“Looks like the couple wins this years best costumes!” The DJ announced.

This moment would have been great, if the knife from out of nowhere hadn’t hit the boom box which was next to Yugi. At this point, there was a frenzy of scared people trying to get out of the auditorium.

“What’s happening?” Yugi said, then a dagger hit the floor and a tear in Yugi’s sleeve appeared.

“Someone’s trying to kill you.” Yami said as he quickly scooped Yugi up in his arms, which made the small teen blush a little, the deserted hallway.

“Why would someone want me dead?” Yugi asked.

“Tea.” Yami hissed under his breath. He stopped by the stairs, put the teen down, and started to run up the stairs.

“Why would she want me dead?” Yugi said.

“I don’t think she learned a damn thing from out last encounter!” Yami said through gritted teeth. “And now she’s lost her mind.”

As they reached a floor, they stopped for a breather.

“I… think we’re… out of… harm’s way… for now…” Yami said between each breath.

“I’m sorry Yami.” Yugi said.

“For what?” Yami questioned.

“I’m the reason that all this happened.” Yugi said as he put down his head, so that his eyes can’t be seen, but you could see tears coming down his cheeks. “Maybe I’m better off dead.”

Yami was shocked to here something like that from someone like him. “Don’t say that.” He said quietly as he came up to the other.

“But--” Yugi started to say until Yami cut him off.

“No ‘buts’! None of this is your fault. Tea’s a spoiled, jealous bitch, who thinks she can own anything she wants.” He placed a hand under Yugi’s chin and slightly moved the cloth that was hiding his face to look at him.

Yugi had tear stains down his once happy face and tears were still coming down his child-like face, but still looked up at the other.

“When I first met you, I thought you are the most kindest person I’ve ever met.” Yami said as he wiped away some of the tears from the other’s face, and felt the urge to kiss him, but fought it and held the small teen close to him.

There was a long silence until sounds of men were heard.

“We better get moving.” Yugi said.

Yami nodded as he let go of the other and they started to run, only to realize the men were coming in both directions.

“Damn.”

“What are we going to do now?” Yugi said, holding onto Yami’s arm.

“I got an idea, come on.” Yami said as they went higher up the stairs.

“Hey boss! They’re heading towards the roof!” One of the men said.

“What’s your plan?” Yugi said.

“You’ll see.” Yami said and added. “But we need to be quick about it.”

“With those guys after me, I could do just about anything.” Yugi said which made the other laugh as they reached the entrance to the roof top.

~Minute later~

“Hurry up damnit!” The leader yelled.

The two other men were dragging/running up the steps to catch up to their boss. “Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up my ass.” One of them muttered as they went up a bit quicker. When they reached the entrance, they went out and looked around the small area.

“Come on out, we know you’re here and it’s pointless to hide, since there’s nothing here to hide in.” The leader said as he looked around the corner, and saw a caped figure. He sneered and he reached for his gun. “Any last words before you die, shorty.”

“Yeah, you’re a bunch of morons!” Said a voice behind him.

“What the!?” The leader said as he noticed his men were knocked out, and before he knew it, someone jumped and knocked him out cold.

“That’s the last of them.” Yami said rubbing his hand.

“You alright?” Yugi said as he came out with the rope in his hand.

“Now that these guys are out.” Yami said as he grabbed one end of the rope and they both tied the men up. “That should do it.”

“Yep.” Yugi agreed then added. “Should we head down?”

“Why not? I want to report to the principal about Tea before she does something like this, or worse.” Yami said as they went down the steps.

When they reached to the front of the school doors, however, a gun shot was heard.

“How many armed people did that bitch hire?” Yami said as they ran cautiously to the sound and hid behind the tree.

What they saw shocked them both.

Tea was holding a gun and smiled at the dead corpse on the ground. “Looks like the principal won’t charge me anything at this point.” She said. “Isn’t that right, Yami.” She looked over at the tree that he and Yugi were hiding.

************************

Cliffy! Sorry everyone, but it looks like you have to wait awhile for the next chapter to come up.

Bakura: Your evil.

No, that’s just how I work with my chapters.

Bakura: Evil *smirk*

*grabs the phone and dials a number* … Hi Ryou… May I ask you how to get your boyfriend out of my studio… *hands the phone to Bakura* For you.

Bakura: *grabs phone* Yeah… *blushes deep red* … *hangs phone and leaves*

… I don’t want to know. R&R please.