Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Hidden Emotions ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*walks in* … *stops* No one’s here today. *shrugs* Probably think I’m boring to hang out with. *opens the door*

Bakura and Marik: BOO!!

AHH!! *falls backwards*

B&M: *laughs*

Bakura: Damn that was good.

Marik: Tell me about it.

*walks over to the phone* … Hey Ryou… That would be nice… See ya. *hangs up phone and dials a different number* … Hey Malik… You got it… See ya…

B&M: What the hell?

*sits down with a book and a pencil* Do the disclaimer guys.

B&M: What!

You should know the rules by now.

B&M: *sighs*

Bakura: She doesn’t own Yu-Gi-Oh

Marik: And why do people keep repeating that phrase, I don’t know.

*sigh* Enjoy.

***************************

Ch.8: Hidden Emotions

“Looks like the principal won’t charge me anything at this point. Isn’t that right, Yami.” Tea said, she looked like a maniac.

Yami came out while motioning Yugi to stay hidden. “What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked.

Her eyes were half-opened and her eyes were clouded. “What’s wrong with me?” She said in an eerie calm voice. “I’ll tell you what’s wrong.”

Yugi couldn’t hear the conversation, so he cautiously moved to the bush that was a foot away from the tree.

“The fact that you like to hang with a small fry then the star is what burns me.” She said as her tone started to rush a little. “Why? Why? I asked myself that question over and over. But then a thought came up, that you are gay and you got an interest in Yugi.”

Yugi still couldn’t hear, but could tell something bad is going to happen if he didn’t move now. He moved to the other tree that was next to the bush that he was hiding in.

“At first I didn’t believe it, but the more I saw you with him, the more I realized the truth, and that’s what makes me sick.” She said, stressed anger left on that last part.

“Killing him won’t change what I feel for him.” Yami said.

Yugi is now behind a tree behind the maniatic girl, but could still hardly hear, since they were talking in low voices.

“I know.” She said calmly as she held the gun towards Yami. “That’s why you’re going to hell with him.”

Yugi saw the gun being pointed at Yami and did the only thing that he could think of. He dashed out from behind the tree like a squirrel and charged at her.

She fell face first to the ground as the sound of the gun firing filled the quiet area.

When Yugi got up, she was knocked out, thanks to the rock on the ground. He looked over to Yami, who was leaning against the tree, holding his shoulder. “Yami!” He cried as he ran over to the other’s aid as he started to slide down to the ground, leaving a small trail of blood on the tree. “Yami.” Yugi said again, his face showed worry and fear and his eyes are about to tear.

“I’m fine Yugi.” Yami said managing a smile.

“No you’re not!” Yugi cried as he unwound the cloth from his neck and placed it over the wound, after lifting the other’s hand off.

“Yugi…” Yami started to say, but Yugi hushed him.

‘What should I do!?’ Yugi thought as his mind raced with different ideas. ‘I could go to the school and call an ambulance, but I don’t want to leave him here alone. But sitting around while he’s bleeding to death isn’t helping either!’ He tried to think, but was too upset to think clearly.

Yami sensed this and placed his hand to the other’s face. “I’m not going to die, just yet, not without you.” He said as tears fell from the others wide, shocked eyes.

“Hey! We got three kids here!” Someone called. The police man flashed his light to Tea, then to the gun, then to the two boys. “Get an ambulance here! We got a wounded here!” He said as he ran up to the boys. “Can you explain to me what happened here?”

Yugi was quick to answer, knowing that Yami needed to reserve his strength to stay alive. “The girl over there wanted to kill me, but then--” He was cut off by the officers raised hand.

“Say no more.” The police man said, seems to understand what happened here as the ambulance crew came in.

*Hospital*

We see the clean white room filled with people with minor illnesses and doctors and nurses come out from one room to the next or rushing an immediate attention patient to the ER. In the hustle and bustle, there sat Yugi in the waiting room, praying like he never prayed before, for Yami to be alright.

“Yugi!” An elderly voice called out.

Yugi looked over and saw an old man with forest green overalls and an orange bandana. “Grandpa? How did you get here?” He said wiping away a tear.

“The police called and told me you were here.” Grandpa said as he sat down next to his grandson. “How’s Yami?”

“I don’t know.” Yugi quietly said. “He’s been in the ER for fifteen minutes.

They were silent for awhile, until the doctor came in.

“How is he?” Yugi asked immediately.

The doctor sighed and looked sorrowful. “I’m afraid that your friend has lost a lot of blood and it seems that he has also been abused from all the bruises on his body.”

‘Abused?’ Yugi thought and remembered about the black eye at one time and Yami claimed that he fell. Then he remembered about what the other said before all this happened.

“When I first met you, I thought you were the most kindest person I’ve ever met.” Yami said.

“I-Is he going to be alright?” He asked as he felt his legs about to give out.

“If we have the right blood type for him, he might have a chance. But unfortunately, we used up our last one on a child not too long ago and the blood bank is going through some difficulties getting what we need here on time.” The doctor said, feeling helpless that he can’t help a dying person.

“May I ask what blood type you need?” Yugi asked, determined to save Yami’s life in any way possible.

“AB positive, why?” The doctor asked.

‘Thank Kami!’ Yugi thought then said. “You’re in luck, I just happen to have that type.”

The doctor looked over at Grandpa.

“It’s true.” Grandpa replied.

The doctor sighed and mentioned Yugi to follow him to the ER.

~Half an hour later~

We see Yugi lying on a cot looking up at the ceiling. He looked to his left, where the morning is starting to break through the window. He looked down and his right arm, where a needle is slowly taking his blood through a small thin tube and up to a bag that was almost filled with his blood. Then there was another small tube going to the occupant of the cot next to him.

The occupant is non other than Yami, but he was asleep, though it almost seemed like he was dead, but the slow rising of his chest showed that he’s still alive.

Yugi looked at the bruises up the other’s arm then looked at his face. ‘He looks so peaceful even though he’s been through so much.’ He thought as he remembered back at school on the first day.

~*Flashback*~

He was just walking through the library at lunch, just minding his own business. That’s when he saw him, walking with so much grace that it seemed that he was royalty disguised as an average student. He shook the feeling, but he couldn’t help but to watch from the protection of the shadows and the bookcases from being spotted by the other. His heart immediately tried to beat out of his chest as he continued to watch. ‘He’s probably straight.’

He knew he was gay during his junior high years, but hid that secret from everyone and it hurt him whenever he saw a couple being happy with each other.

‘He probably has a girlfriend. Why would he be interested in me?’ He thought as the bell rang. He noticed that the other was asleep on the table. He came up to talk to him, he felt a bit nervous, since he hardly talked to anyone besides his grandfather. “Umm, excuse me.” He quietly said as it took every ounce of nerve to bring his hand out and lightly shook the other.

The other groaned, making him a bit nervous.

“Are you alright?” He said.

“Yeah, just tired.” The other said rubbing his eyes.

He thought it was rather cute when the other did that, but quickly shook the thought out. “Well, the bell rang, so you know.” He said shyly.

When he saw the crimson eyes for the first time, he felt his heart skip more than one beat.

“Oh, thanks…” The other said.

He could tell that the other felt awkward. “It’s Yugi.” He said quietly.

“Yugi.” The other said and he nodded.

“I have to get to class now.” He said as he semi-turned. “I hope we see each other again.” He wished he’d take those words back.

“Same here.” The other said, which made him smile.

“See you around then.” He said as he quickly got out of the library.

~*End of Flashback*~

‘Ever since then, I started to make paper flowers. I don’t know why, it seemed like a good idea at the time.’ He thought as he remembered making that flower out of pure boredom.

~*Flashback*~

He tied the note on the stem and carefully placed it in the locker.

He was only half way down the hall when he started having second thoughts. ‘He’ll probably think someone’s trying to hit on him or something.’ He went back, only to see Yami walking out with the flower in hand and continued to watch until he walked out the door. ‘He liked my flower!’ He thought happily as he continued to walk the other way

~*End of Flashback*~

‘I’ve been making paper flowers for him ever since.’ He sighed as he looked at Yami, who is still asleep. ‘Please be O.K.’ He started to cry a little as he slowly went to sleep.

***************************

I hope everyone enjoyed that chapter.

*sounds coming form two separate doors*

… It was either being tormented by those two or trying to not know what their doing in there. R&R please.