Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Survive ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*looks over pervious reviews*

Yugi: Hey Cupid, what are you doing?

Just looking at my reviews.

Yugi: You got a lot of good reviews.

I know. Oh I have to start on the next chapter, someone wants to know how it’s going to end up.

Yugi: YGO Cupid doesn’t own Yu-Gi-Oh, and wished she’d does.

It’s cruel sometimes, but we move on.

Yugi: *shrugs*

****************************

Ch.9: Survive

Yami is fighting the storming waves with all of his strength, but each wave was trying to push him to the depths where the hands are eagerly waiting for him to pull him in further. ‘No! I will not let them pull me into the darkness that consumed my mother and that bastard.’ He thought angrily, knowing know what these hands tried to do all this time. ‘I’m not like them!’ He struggled to keep his head above the water.

That’s when the huge wave towered over him and hit him hard, pushing him into the depths. The hands shot out and firmly grasped his wrists and ankles, being patient enough.

“Let go of me!” He yelled but there was no sound, just huge bubbles came out. He struggled to be free form their hold.

Then a bright light appeared, and instead of showing a masked angel, Yugi was there in the angel outfit. The light that radiated Yugi caused a few hands to back off into the depths. Yugi held out his hand, waiting for the other to get to him.

Yami struggled to get to the other, but the hands refused to let go of him, but one by one, as he got closer to Yugi, the hands would back off, making it easier for him to fight up to Yugi. He almost reached to the other, but there was a pair of hands that refused to let go. He looked down at his captive ankle to see the maniac face of Tea. He lifted his free leg and kicked her straight in the face, which made her back off and scream while she sinked back into the depths. ‘Damn that felt good.’ He thought as he turned to Yugi, who seemed proud that he fought the darkness that was trying to bring him down a path that wasn’t suppose to be taken. He reached and grabbed the other’s hand and a bright light radiated from Yugi, nearly blinding him.

He woke up, feeling dazed and looked at the surroundings.

“I see you’re awake.” The doctor said as he came in.

“Where am I?” He asked.

“Domino Hospital. How are you feeling?” The doctor said.

“Too early to tell.” Yami said making the doctor chuckle.

“Well, you are very lucky to be alive today, just so you know.”

“What do you mean?”

“Late last night, you were loosing a lot of blood and you were getting to a point where you might not make it.”

“What happened?”

The doctor pointed to the other cot, Yami looked over and saw Yugi, sleeping sound fully.

“Your friend over there did our last minute blood donation for your life.” The doctor said. “You could call yourself a lucky guy for having a friend like that. He even spend the whole night here, watching and making sure you’re O.K.”

Yami couldn’t believe it, and looked over at Yugi, bewildered.

“Well, besides the bruises and that shoulder of yours.” The doctor said, mentioning the bandaged shoulder that the bullet went through. “You would be good to go in a matter of days.”

“Thank you.” Yami said, still a bit bewildered.

The doctor pointed to Yugi. “Don’t thank me, thank him, he went through four hours giving blood, that’s more than half of what you lost.” He walked out.

Yami looked over at Yugi, who is still asleep. ‘Yugi.’

~Mid-noon~

“There’s no way I’m eating this crap.” Yami said as he looked at the bowl of stew in front of him, which looked as though someone spew out.

“How are you ever going to get better if you don’t eat.” Said a nurse, who looked in her thirties.

Yami shoved the bowl away, not going to try to taste it.

The nurse was about to say something, but another nurse called about a case and left the room.

‘I’m starving, and they’re giving me vomit-like substance.’ He thought as the scent of the stew bugged him. He saw movement from the corner of his eye and saw Yugi moving around the cot.

“Y-Yami…” Yugi whispered.

He didn’t know if he heard that right. He got up, wobbled a bit, and walked over to the other’s cot.

Yugi had sweat coming down his brow and seemed scared. “Yami…” He whispered again holding the blanket towards his body.

‘What on Earth is he dreaming about?’ Yami thought as he started to shake the other.

“No… Don’t go… Yami…” Yugi said as a tear came down and his body became tense.

“Yugi.” Yami said as he continued to shake the other. “Yugi wake up.”

Yugi was still and was relaxed. He opened one lazy eye, then two, was dazed a bit, then reality kicked in. “Yami!” He said as he quickly hugged the other, afraid to let go.

Yami hugged back, stroking the other’s hair and rubbing his back, trying to calm the teen down.

When Yugi calmed down, he pulled back to look at the older teen. “Are you O.K.?” He asked looking at the bandage on the shoulder.

Yami gave the other a rare smile. “Thanks to you, I will be.”

Yugi blushed a little.

They were both silent for awhile.

“What were you dreaming about?” Yami asked finally.

Yugi looked a bit shocked. “What do you mean?”

“You kept saying my name and you were sweating as if you have a fever and you were moving a lot.”

Yugi was silent for awhile. “It was just a nightmare.”

“About what.” Yami said as he rubbed the small teen’s shoulder.

“About loosing you.” Yugi put his head down.

Yami smiled softly and wrapped his arms around the teen. “I told you, I’m not going to die just yet without you.” He softly said as the other snuggled to the comfort warmth, feeling secure.

They pretty much stayed there like that throughout most of the afternoon.

~3 hours later~

The doctor walked down the clear hallway. He looked exhausted and looked at his clipboard for anything. He lightly tapped at a door and waited for a response. When he didn’t, he opened the door slowly and peeked around the small room. He smiled to see two boys sleeping in each other’s arms on one cot. He slowly closed the door, making sure he doesn’t disturb their sleep, and checked his clipboard. “Looks like those two are well enough to go home.” He said then added. “But Yami would have to stay at the Mouto’s residence to recover more quickly, not to mention it’s a lot healthier than where he’s at right now.” He walked away, scribbling something on the clipboard and headed towards the phone. “Hello, Mr. Mouto… Yes everything’s fine… I would like to ask you something… Well, I believe that Yami would recover at a healthy rate if he would stay with you and your grandson… That’s great!… Thank-you… You may pick them up in the after noon, or any time tomorrow… Alright, good-night.” He hung up the phone and walked down only to get another case. ‘Story of my life.’

**************************

That’s the shortest chapter I had in awhile.

Yugi: Yeah, but you answered some of the request from the reviewers.

True.

Yugi: Please R&R. *does the ‘Puppy eyes’*

Oh come on, how could you not resist those eyes.