Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Restless ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*shuffles a few stuff* Hey everyone. Sorry, been busy lately, garage sale and seeing the new Harry Potter movie, which is very funny and sad at the same time. Well, I better stop chatting and let you read this chapter.

*********************************

Ch.11: Restless

Yugi sat there on the steps, waiting.

Grandpa looked at his grandson and sighed. ‘I hate it when he gets this way.’ He thought. “Yugi.” He said, getting the teen’s attention. “Is there something you would like to tell me?”

Yugi looked at his grandfather and thought as if making a life changing decision and murmured.

“Pardon?” Grandpa asked.

“I said, I’m gay and I understand if you never want to talk to me again.” Yugi said, his voice a bit strained.

Grandpa was shocked to hear this from his only grandson. ‘O.K. Wasn’t expecting that.’ He thought as he thought about this piece of news and decided that it wasn’t any big deal. “Yugi, you’re my grandson. It’s my job to support and help you as long as you live under this roof and as long as I’m still alive. So you’re gay, so what? It’s not enough reason to kick you to the curve, let alone talk to you.”

Yugi wiped away stray tears from his face and smiled a bit. “You’re the best, Grandpa.” He said quietly.

“I know that.” Grandpa said, making the teen laugh. “So, who’s the lucky guy?” He said almost teasingly.

Yugi looked at the floor trying to hide his blush.

“Its Yami, isn’t?”

Yugi nodded.

“Does he know?”

Yugi shook his head.

Grandpa looked thoughtful then smiled. “Well, if you do get the courage to tell him, and if he feels the same, then I give you two my blessings when you two decide to wed, kay?”

“GRANDPA!!” Yugi was beet red at the thought, which caused to make the elder to laugh.

“Yugi?” A familiar voice came out.

The two looked at the bottom of the step to see Yami, looking a bit confused about what they were doing.

Yugi bolted towards the other and hugged him.

“I guess you missed me than I missed you.” Yami joked as he embraced the teen.

Yugi pulled back a little and looked at the older teen. “What did they want?” He asked.

“They wanted to know what I’m going to do now.” Yami said simply.

“What are you going to do?”

“Oh come on Yugi, its really obvious.” Yami said.

Yugi looked at the other blankly.

“I’m staying here, that’s what I’m going to from here on out, till college at least.”

Yugi smiled and hugged the other tighter, afraid to let go.

Grandpa watched the scene from the step and shook his head. ‘Oh boy.’ He thought as he started to say. “I hate to ruin the moment, but its time to go to bed.”

This caused the two boys to blush and released their grasp as they silently walked to their rooms.

~*Yami’s Room: An hour later*~

He couldn’t sleep that night. He stared at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep. ‘… 103... 104... 105... 106...’ He thought then turned to look at the window, which shows that it’s raining outside. ‘There must be something wrong with me.’ He closed his eyes thinking that this method would work, but didn’t. ‘Maybe a late night snack would help.’ He got up and went to out the bedroom, down the hallway and towards the kitchen, which to his surprise, the light was on. He cautiously went in and saw Yugi sitting on the counter. “Yugi?” He said, surprising the teen.

“Oh, hey Yami, what are you doing up?” He asked as the sound of the toaster was heard.

“I should ask you the same thing.” Yami said as he walked over to the other, who was spreading jam on the toasted bread.

“Couldn’t sleep. You?” Yugi said, handing a piece of toast of bread to the other.

Yami accepted the small offer. “Same.” He took a bite. “Do you sometimes come down here?”

“More or less, I start out reading first, and it that doesn’t’ help, then I come down here.” Yugi said finishing his toast.

“And what happens if that doesn’t work?”

Yugi shrugged. “Don’t know. I haven’t made it that far.”

There was a moment of silence after that.

“So…” Yami began to say. “Has the school called yet?”

“Yeah, we won’t be attending school until they find a new principle and vice principle.” Yugi said as his expression became sorrowful.

“The vice?”

“Yeah, they found him dead in one of the dumpsters near the cafeteria.”

‘Damn that bitch. Not only did she take one life, but two! I hope she gets life in jail.’ Yami thought as he placed a hand on the other’s shoulder.

Yugi looked up and gave the older teen a small smile.

“I think it’s best if we head back to our rooms before your grandfather lectures about this.” Yami said making the other smile a bit more.

Before Yugi could get off the counter top, Yami held him, bridal style, making him blush. “I-I could w-walk.”

“I know, but you look tired.” Yami said as he carried the small teen to the room.

When they reached to Yugi’s room, Yami placed Yugi on the bed and covered him with the sheets.

“Thanks.” Yugi said, still blushing.

“No problem. Good-night.”

“Good-night.”

Yami headed back to his room and sat down on his bed, then laid down.

~Half an hour later~

Lighting streamed across the sky, making the whole room lit up, followed by the sound of thunder.

Yami heard footsteps coming in his room. He looked to the source to see Yugi at the door way. “What’s wro…” He started to say when the lighting and thunder came at once, causing the small teen to run to him. He held the frightened teen in his arms as the other tried to drown the sounds by placing his hands over his ears. “Would you like to stay with me until the storm passed?” He asked, wondering if the other heard him.

Yugi nodded his head, but didn’t look up.

Yami moved to the center of the bed so the other could be a bit more comfortable. He held the teen as he listened to the storm, counting to how far its going.

When he heard nothing, but the rain, he looked at the teen, who was sleeping peacefully. ‘I’ll let him sleep here tonight.’ He thought as he stroked the young teen’s hair that looks so much like his own. He closed his eyes and a peaceful slumber caught him as the rain keep falling.

*************************

That’s it folks, sorry that’s short, but give me a break. Any way, please R&R, a simple comment is okay, as long as it’s appropriate.