Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The XX Factor ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! I just screw with the boys' heads.
A/N: I blame rabid plot bunnies on this. And an online gag. But. It's noon and I haven't slept yet, so, here you go.
----------------------------------------
"... Uh oh..."
This is never a good sign to hear someone say this. It's an even worse sign coming from a crazed ancient spirit.
"Shit! Get rid of it!" screamed the other.
Marik and Bakura wrestled the beaker they had been using to mix chemicals together in the school's chemistry lab towards the door. The now purplish liquid inside had begun to bubble and fix in an impending explosion. They threw open the door and pitched the glass beaker into the hall. Now, this would have been fine, but the hallway was not exactly empty at the time.
Joey lifted his head from where he was leaning against the wall outside his classroom when he heard a door being thrown open. The only reason he was out there in the first place was that he had been caught sleeping in class and was sent out for punishment.
The beaker flew throw the air towards the blonde, his eyes widened slightly and everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The container arched in the air before crashing to the floor and shattering with a small explosion. The force knocked the teen back and showered him in a confetti of broken glass pieces.
The explosion grabbed the attention of everyone in the school. It blew out the glass of every door and window in the hallway. Yugi, Tristan, Teá, and Ryou were the first to their feet and rushing towards the door. They had to fight the other students that were closest though and the crowd that was beginning to pour into the hallway.
"JOEY!" Yugi screamed to his friend.
"I hope he's okay.." came Tristan's worries aloud.
They found him laying unconscious upon the tile floor with some slight burns upon his skin. His clothes were singed and smoking in places.
The fire alarm was ringing violently while people jostled one another in an attempt to evacuate. Very carefully, the teacher, Tristan, and Ryou lifted Joey up to take him to safety. Just as they arrived outside, the fire trucks and paramedics pulled up to the school and rushed inside. Several students flagged down the paramedic group to help retrieve the still unconscious teen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They loaded him onto a stretcher and rolled him into the back of the van before hurrying off towards the hospital. Because everyone was still badly shaken up, school was cancelled for the rest of the day as well as the rest of the week to repair the damages caused by the explosion.
Malik caught up with the others after the announcement was made since he had been in a separate class at the time and learned about what had happened to their blonde friend.
While the rest of the school head towards their homes, Yugi and the others went to the hospital.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Dammit.. I feel like I got hit by a truck!.. Where da hell am I?..'
A warbled mixture of voices and sounds slowly began to assault Joey's ears as he willed himself to open his eyes. It took some effort, but the amber colored orbs finally cracked open groggily. The sight that met him was enough to scare him to death though.
Several pairs of eyes were barely inches away from his face and he gave a slight jump in surprise.
Yugi was the first to give an excited squeal, "He's awake!"
Joey looked around at the stares and felt a bead of nervous sweat rolling down the side of his face.
In a very hoarse sounding voice, he croaked softly, ".. Uh.. can ya all back up.. just a bit?.. I'm feelin' cramped..."
Instantly, everyone scooted back to give their friend some room to breathe. Tristan leaned in a little as he spoke so Joey would not have to turn his head too much.
"Hey, man.. How're ya feeling? That explosion really knocked you on your ass. We've been here for a few hours."
".. I feel like shit.. Ya even had ta ask?.."
"The doctors said you had a slight concussion and a few first degree burns and some cuts, but that you should be in no time.. They even said they might be able to release you tonight if you seem to be improving. The doctor wants to check on you and run a few tests first," Yugi spoke gently.
All heads turned towards the door when said doctor stepped in and a nurse following.
"Ah, so I see you're awake, Joey. That's good. I'd like to get a few samples and run some tests to make sure everything is running smoothly. Your friends can stay in here if you'd like, but I do need a urine sample before I leave," the early middle-aged doctor chuckled, adjusting his glasses.
The teen blushed slightly, "Uh.. That's okay.. Could ya guys just wait outside for a sec?"
Nodding, the others left the room and shut the door while the nurse and doctor began looking Joey over.
Blood pressure, temperature, reflexes, eyes, ears, throat, everything was looked at. The young nurse carefully tied Joey's arm off and drew some blood almost painlessly. While she was applying the bandage, the doctor withdrew the specimen cup.
"Do you think you can make it to the bathroom by yourself?"
Once more, Joey flushed a slight pinkish shade, "Yeah.. I think so.."
Carefully, he hobbled to the bathroom and shut the door. It opened again after a few moments and the blonde handed over the sample with a slightly disgusted face. Even if he did not have to touch what was inside, it was still unnerving that the cup was so warm.
"Thank you, Joey. We'll get your results as soon as we can. You can go ahead and rest until then. Shall I send in your friends?"
"Yeah.. Thanks doc," he went towards the bed when a whistle caught his attention.
"Check out that ass! I just wish I had some dollars for ya, Joey!"
Joey squeaked as he turned around and clutched this hospital gown closed tightly, "Shut da hell up, Tristan!! I can't help it if they took away my clothes!"
Everyone giggled as they came back inside and helped him back into bed.
The blonde teen grumbled, "They could have at least let me keep my underwear... Since yer being such an ass, Tristan, ya can go ta my house and pick up some of my clothes."
Tristan chuckled again, "Alright, Joey. I'll be back in a bit, okay? Maybe I'll call Serenity and--"
"Oh no ya don't! I know exactly why ya want ta call Serenity and don't think I won't kick yer ass once I get outta here!"
The brunette threw his hands up in defense, "Okay! Okay! I'll just get some clothes for you. Sheesh.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was another good three hours before all the tests came back and everything seemed to be fine. The doctor and a few nurses came in sporadically to check on his condition before they decided he could be released.
Joey dressed in a pair of jeans and an old shirt that Tristan had brought for him before they left.
"So, Trist, was my dad home?"
"The place was empty. I had to use the spare key you gave me.. Are you sure you want to stay all alone in case something happens tonight?"
Everyone else looked concerned as well, but Yugi was the one to speak up, "Yeah, Joey.. I'd feel safer if you stayed the night with one of us in case you need any help... Hey! We could all stay at my house, like a sleepover, since there's no school for the rest of the week."
"I'd love to, Yugi, but I have a feeling Malik and I should check on Bakura and Marik.. Somehow I just know it was them today," Ryou sighed almost ruefully.
Malik added with a straight face, "Yeah. Ryou has to do his daily threatening to Bakura and then Bakura and Marik flip us off and go upstairs to screw like a couple of rabbits.."
The young Egyptian just kept walking, completely oblivious that his statement had left the others in a state of frozen shock. A few steps later, he finally looked back to see if the others were going to continue.
Ryou came over and gently put a hand on Malik's shoulder as he walked several paces ahead of the others, "Malik?.. Remember that talk we had about what not to say in public?...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Ryou and Malik had broken off from the group to head home, Tristan, Joey, and Teá arrived at the Kame Game Shop with Yugi. Their shorter friend was nearly toppled the moment he walked into the door by a rather distraught Yami and Mr. Mutou.
"Yugi! We've been worried sick about you! Your school was all over the news--"
"Aibou, you're not hurt, are you?? What happened?!"
Large, amethyst eyes goggled in surprise by the sudden onslaught as he was held tightly. The young light untangled himself before assuring that everything was quite all right.
"Joey was the one that got hurt.. We were at the hospital with him until they released him. I'm sorry for not calling you guys, but I just sort of forgot since we were so worried about Joey.... You're not mad at me, are you?"
Once again, the small teen was smothered in a bone-crushing embrace before he began to gasp for air and was released.
"Of course we aren't mad at you, Yugi. And I'm glad you're doing well, Joseph. I would hate to see anything happen to any of you kids," Solomon gave the blonde a quick embrace, then Tristan, then Teá.
"Grandpa? Can everybody stay the night? They cancelled school for the rest of the week and we were all worried about leaving Joey by himself in case something happens. Please say they can!" Yugi begged, turning his puppy dog eyes on full blast.
The elder Mutou chuckled, "Of course they can stay, Yugi! Just make sure everyone lets their families know they're all right and see if they can spend the night. You and Yami can set up the guest bedroom for Teá."
Yugi threw his arms around his grandfather happily, "Thanks grandpa!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The others made sure to call their parents and let them know that they were safe and explained the situation about Joey and staying over to make sure he would be all right.
The rest of the night, everyone just laid about as they watched television and ate pizza for dinner. Yami stayed especially close to Yugi and eventually just pulled him into his lap to hold onto tightly, saying he was just so relieved that his hikari was unharmed.
When it grew late, they readied themselves for bed. Joey was the first to fall sound asleep on the couch and would not move for anything. Teá retired to the guest room, and Tristan, Yami, and Yugi went to Yugi's room. Tristan slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. The other, meant for Joey, was folded up and a blanket was placed over the exhausted teen instead.
Joey was rather restless throughout the night though. He mumbled and grunted while shifting around. When his tossing landed him upon the floor, the boy grumbled sleepily and found his way upstairs to collapse beside his brunette friend upon the floor.
The house was quiet well until dawn and part of the early morning. Joey awoke to the insistent call of nature and staggered groggily towards the bathroom. Standing before the toilet, he unzippered his pants and reached into the opening of his boxers to retrieve himself... He felt around.. and searched.. and felt some more....
Honey eyes shot open in a flash, their owner completely awake now as he jerked his head down and ripped off his lower clothes. There was definitely something terribly wrong here.
Joey stood in front of the mirror to make sure it was not just some sort of half-asleep hallucination. To his absolute horror, he saw that he, indeed, was missing a few family members.
The scream was just under the intensity to throw planes out of the sky.
Yugi shot up with a yelp, knocking Yami over and sending them both off the bed atop Tristan. In just a moment, they were on their feet running towards the bathroom. Teá and Solomon almost collided with the others as they hurried to find the missing member of their party.
Tristan was the first to the door and threw it open, revealing Joey still standing in shock with his pants and boxers around his ankles. He turned his hysteric gaze towards them.
"... My dick is gone.." was all he managed to mumble out before fainting dead away upon the floor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joey was awake in an instant as cold water was thrown in his face. He shot up into a sitting position, now in Yugi's bed and sheets covering his lower half.
The teen looked at the others, slightly bewildered, and chuckled a little.
"Oh, man.. I had da most fucked up dream.. I dreamt I had ta go ta take a leak and I couldn't find.. ya know.. Joey Jr... Isn't dat crazy?.... Guys?.."
Everyone stole quick glances at one another. Joey started laughing nervously.
"Uh, guys?.. Yer not laughin'..."
Tristan gave his lips a lick timidly, ".. It wasn't a dream, Joey.."
"Tristan.. It's too damn early fer jokes like dat.."
Mr. Mutou cleared his throat slightly while Yugi worried his bottom lip in his teeth.
".. Joey.. Um.. I really don't know how to really break this to you.. but.. You don't have a penis anymore.. In fact, I think you may have actually grown.. uh.. girl parts..." Tristan informed.
--------------------------------------------------
A/N: Oh yeah. I'll leave you hanging on that for a while.