Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The XX Factor ❯ Chapter 9

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-Gi-Oh! I wouldn't need to work at a sushi place.
A/N: Well, I've been away for a bit because of said sushi place. We're going to be opening soon and we had our first get together/training/cleaning the place. But, we're coming down towards the end now folks! There's only two big things left for this story and now that I'm on a writing roll, I'm going to keep going for a bit more.
Also, I took some artistic license to this chapter. I already knew what the baby needed to be named for this story, but don't ask me what her real middle name is. Besides, I thought it was cute for Joey and there will be a tie-in later, but I won't go too much into it now.
Now, for Seto. They never mentioned too much about his and Mokuba's complete backstory from before their time at the orphanage, so, who says I can't make up a bit for my own plot devices, hrm? So, anyway, I hope you enjoy this one.
--------------------------------------------------
Seto lay awake beside a still slumbering Joey. Sleep these days was becoming a rare occurrence, but last night hadn't been that bad. In fact, he was feeling quite rested, but was more content on watching over his love than getting out of bed.
Joey was fast asleep upon his back, head tilted off to the side to face the brunette. A soft smile came to Seto's mouth as he took note of the even rise and fall of the shorter's swollen belly with every breath. Joey had a childlike innocence about him as he lay lost in his dreams.
Tenderly, Seto brushed a few, wayward golden tresses from his angel's face, taking care not to awaken him. Once that simple task was done, the sapphire gaze was drawn to the slight movements coming from their little girl. The kicks were small at first, but grew a bit more powerful as she stretched out her own early morning sleepiness.
Seto leaned in closer and softly ran his hand over Joey's stomach, smiling more from each kick that he felt against his palm.
He began a whispered conversation with his unborn daughter, "So you're up too.. Did you sleep well?... You were such a good girl last night to let your parents get some rest."
This point led to Seto's idle musings of what exactly would Joey be addressed as. Sure, he was carrying the baby and was going to give birth to it, so that would technically make him the 'mother', but would the term still hold true once he was back to his old self? And, with as much as he despises the name 'puppy', how would he take being called 'mommy' by his own child? It could become complicated calling them both 'daddy' after all. So, how would Seto refer to his lover when talking to their little girl now?
Seto smirked a bit, "You're going to make things complicated on me, aren't you?.. But your 'mother' would probably strangle me if you started calling him 'puppy' too."
Another series of kicks was the reply.
"You should quiet down and let your 'mother' get some more sleep," he chided playfully.
".. An' I think yer father should follow his own rule.."
Looking up, he saw sleepy amber eyes cracked open. Joey gave a tired grin, then yawned wide.
"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"
"Nah, it was da kickball game with my kidneys that did... What were ya doing, anyway?"
"Just some morning chatting with our daughter."
Giving a stretch, Joey chuckled a bit and made himself comfortable again, "We should think of names.. I think she's probably getting tired of being addressed anonymously."
"Do you have any particular names in mind?"
The blonde smiled, "I have one I kinda like.. It's kinda after my sister."
"What name?"
"Shizuka."
Seto pondered over it for a moment before nodding, "I like it... Shizuka Kaiba?"
"Nah, I want it fer a middle name.. Ya can go ahead an' pick a first name."
"Alright, then we have a blank Shizuka Kaiba on our hands so far.. I don't even know where to begin for names."
"Ya could always name her after somebody.. That's what I did," Joey offered.
Seto looked away, getting lost in thought and growing quiet for several moments. Joey was becoming a bit concerned for his husband's silence until a single word was finally uttered softly.
".. Asuka...."
"Asuka?.. I like it.. Where'd ya come up with dat?"
Seto turned back again, catching the honey colored gaze, but then adverted his eyes quietly back to the unborn infant.
"... Asuka was my mother's name.. One of the few things I remember well enough of them."
Joey reached out and took the other's hand, squeezing it gently, ".. Seto.."
"It's all right, Joey.. It was a long time ago and I can't dwell on the past since I have the future to look forward to and the present to cherish."
Leaning in, Seto took his hand back to caress his love's cheek before placing a loving kiss upon Joey's forehead, then tenderly upon his soft lips. Because of his position, his body was pressed slightly against the shorter's stomach and enabled the young CEO to feel a few taps in his side. When he pulled away from the kiss, he looked down and chuckled.
"I think someone wants our attention."
"Nah, she just wants pancakes," Joey grinned.
"Are you sure it isn't you that wants pancakes?"
"Hey, I'm merely the messenger service here. I'm just doing as da boss instructs," he motioned to his belly.
Seto smirk lightly, "Fine, pancakes it is then. I'll tell the staff to serve us in here. I know it's getting harder for you to move around now."
"Thanks, Seto.. But what's gotten ya inta such a lovey mood today?"
"A good night's sleep after going almost three weeks without, probably," he smirked, but leaned in to kiss Joey once more, "You know that I love you, right? I love both of you."
To prove his point, Seto also leaned down and placed a tender kiss upon the other's stomach, just above his navel.
Joey smiled warmly, tearing some, "Yeah.. I know.. I love ya too, Seto."
"Do you think.. Asuka.." Seto had to pause, trying to become used to saying the name of their baby, ".. Do you think, Asuka will too?"
"Of course she will, Seto... And I bet ya can win her over even more by gettin' those pancakes. If she takes anything after me, then da way ta her heart is gonna be through her stomach."
The brunette shook his head with a soft chuckle, but went to go call the servants to have their breakfast in bed anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seto noticed it was fairly quiet when he returned home one day. After removing his jacket, he went in search of his lover and heard faint music coming from the library.
Joey lay reclined upon the couch thoroughly engrossed in a book while classical music played through some small speakers. One was nestled against his belly for Asuka to listen clearly.
The coffee table was pulled close to the couch and had a bottle of water and a bag of chips laying within reach.
"I didn't know you liked classical music..?"
Joey jumped slightly, startled from his reading, and looked up to his husband standing over him, "Ya scared da shit outta me!"
"Sorry, I thought you heard me come in."
"Nah, I was busy readin'.. Yer home early, aren't ya? What da hell time is it?"
Taking a seat upon the armrest near Joey's feet, Seto relaxed, "It's almost 5. It took me longer to get out than I thought."
"Wow.. I thought it was only 1.. Guess I got too caught up in my book."
"What are you reading anyway?.. And what's with the Mozart?"
"Mokuba an' I went out this mornin' an' we stopped by Borders. He needed ta get a book fer school an' so I went lookin' at da pregnancy section. I picked up a couple books an' was readin' dat she's listenin' ta us an' dat babies can respond ta music an' sounds an' stuff, so I read what kinda music an' they all recommended classical.. So, here we are."
"You've been in here the rest of the day?"
"Yeah.. My back's hurtin' an' my ankles are swellin' all da time now.. They still hurt from dis mornin'."
To Joey's surprise, Seto lifted up Joey's legs so he could sit upon the couch, then let his sock covered feet rest in his lap. The teen CEO then began to gently massage the swollen feet and ankles. Amber eyes slid closed and a sigh of appreciation was heard.
"How's that feel?"
"Ohhh.. Like I've died an' gone ta heaven.. Are ya sure yer da real Seto an' not some alien dat's switched places? Ya never been inta all dis ushy-gushy crap before, after all."
Seto smirked lightly, "I just can't bring myself not to pamper you at the moment. You're giving me more than I could have asked for, Joey, by deciding to carry our child. That alone shows me how much you care if you're willing to sacrifice the sooner chance to change back by letting nature run its course here. I realized how much strength that needs and I can't do anything besides admire and respect that strength."
Joey 'mmhmm'ed contentedly, "So does this mean I'm da stronger man then?.."
"I'll think about that once you are a man again."
"Hrmf.. Then I guess it means dat I just pussy whipped ya inta submission.. I can live with dat."
Seto just mumbled quietly to himself while rolling his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Seto, it's almost eight months now an' I really think we should start going ta childbirth classes. Asuka could be comin' any time now an' I don't have any idea what ta do!"
"Settle down, you don't have to get yourself so worked up over it."
Joey sighed in slight frustration from where he lay upon the couch. Seto sat in a nearby chair as they relaxed after another shopping trip, this time to buy the last minute necessities for the baby.
"I can't help it. It's comin' down ta da wire now an' I'm scared shitless. I don't have da first clue about what ta do an' I've read all these things about it an' da pain an' procedures an' shit.. Ya'd be freakin' out too if ya knew ya had ta push another human outta yer crotch!" Joey exclaimed.
Seto choked back a cough from the shear bluntness of the statement, but he realized he should probably have expected it. The blonde had not been sleeping well since he would have to rise almost every hour either because of heartburn, reflux, back pain, or frequent bathroom visits. And so, Joey was becoming a bit.. testy.. to say the least. However, his anxiousness was not unfounded.
"Joey, you need to calm down. You don't want to go making yourself upset, it isn't good for Asuka.. Now, would you feel better if I went ahead and talked to Dr. Kokoro about classes?"
"Yeah, an' I want ya ta call soon. Like, tomorrow."
Seto nodded, "How about I call and have someone come here to talk with us personally? I don't want you to worry about having to always arrive somewhere at a specific time. We can have the classes on our own schedule."
Joey finally relaxed, "I like that a lot."
So, the next day, Seto called around until he could find someone to be their personal teacher. They found a young woman that was an apprentice midwife while on her way to becoming a doctor and was happy to help. She introduced herself as Sasara Tsuki and Joey quickly took a liking to her.
Long, ebony curls bounced when she walked and her eyes had the most intriguing mix of blue-green and brown flecks in them. She was timid until she warmed up to the two, but had a charming personality that made them feel relaxed.
Joey felt better having this one-on-one session in case anyone might recognize him. Sasara could care less about either's reputation or fame, but treated them respectfully still.
They were exceptionally grateful for the help in the different Lamaze techniques and what things to expect on the 'the big day' as well as preparing them to tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and the real things. Sasara answered all the questions they could think of during their sessions together and, on the final visit, brought a tape of a live birth for them to watch.
Seto looked ready to faint while Joey's face had indescribable horror written all over it. There was no way he was going to be able to do this. Each scream made him tremble harder and harder. Even though the end result was what made it all worth the pain, Joey couldn't get past the gut-wrenching pain.
Well, he had to get over it soon because it was almost time. And besides, the baby was the one that had the voice in the matter.
----------------------------------------------------
A/N: Poor Joey. I bet he's ready to hand the rest of the pregnancy off to Seto by now.
Oop! Almost forgot to mention this one. `Shizuka', for those that don't know, is Joey's sister, Serenity's, Japanese name. And as for `Asuka', she's the girl from the new Yu-Gi-Oh! GX series that looks just like Joey and Seto. Of course, her last name is Tenjoin, not Kaiba, but I'll get to that too.