Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The XX Factor ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I'm too damn tired. You know I don't own it.
A/N: Whew.. I can't believe I typed this all. I have to get up in 4 hours for a meeting too. But, see where my priorities are? XD
Also, I took some things from the comments on AFF for this chapter. Heads up to mofaf1 and Nomalaz!
---------------------------------------------------
Joey was starting to grow tired of being kicked in the ribs now and the more frequent doctor's visits, but he continued to tell himself that it would be over soon.
He and Seto prepared to leave at a moment's notice by packing a small suitcase of the things they would need and set it beside the front door so it would be easily accessible.
All the others were getting anxious and excited as well for when the day would finally come. This made Joey feel like some sort of trained animal act the way they were eyeing him all the time.
When the pregnant duelist finally reached his ninth month, his friends seemed to scurry about him as if he were going to explode at a moment's notice. He was becoming a little impatient by now and snapped occasionally at them when he had had enough.
They tried to remain calm, but it was definitely hard when such a big event was looming in the air. Everyone made sure to be able to keep in contact with one another in case Joey went to the hospital when they were not around.
Even thought the air was growing tense, Joey, Seto, and Mokuba were still able to spend quality time together. Seto even decided to indulge his lover in his last weeks of pregnancy by taking him out to dinner. Of course, Seto made sure they would have the place to themselves so Joey wouldn't have to dress up in anything restricting or embarrassing. In fact, he found it rather endearing to have a nice dinner with Joey so happy in his comfortable sweatshirts and lounging pants.
"This is just so much fun. I can relax and I don't hafta worry about people lookin' down at me because I don't look like I fit in with 'em. I never thought I'd see myself eatin' in one of da most expensive places in town with someone I loved... Course, I didn't think I'd end havin' a baby either, but, I guess ya never can be sure."
"You shouldn't sell yourself so short, Joey. You're much better company than any of those pathetic bastards that come crawling to me and fight over the right to kiss my ass any day," the CEO smirked.
"An' I thought ya liked yer ass gettin' kissed," Joey grinned back.
"Now, I didn't say that, did I? I enjoy the ass kissing, but I would rather have you there to share in the experience. I think that will change soon enough when I bring you around with me. Everyone needs to know about the two new asses they need to be puckering up for."
Joey let out an amused round of laughter and grinned once more. He was enjoying seeing the smug side of his husband now that it wasn't directed towards him for a change.
"I'll look forward ta that day then. And Asuka too, huh?" he glanced down and rested a soft hand upon his stomach.
"How are you feeling, Joey?"
"Eh, same ol', same ol'.. I've been having those Brayton Hills contractions, but nothin' much more different."
"Braxton Hicks," Seto corrected.
"Whatever.. Just another thing ta add ta da pile of things goin' on with me."
Seto finally stood as their meal was finished and helped Joey from his seat as they went towards the limo. Joey was feeling drowsy from being full and thought maybe a little nap on the way home would be nice. He rested his head upon the brunette's shoulder and closed his eyes while they drove towards the mansion.
Through the drive, Joey grumbled a little, trying to get comfortable.
"What's wrong?"
"Can't get comfortable.. Those damn.. whatever they are contractions are botherin' me."
"Why don't you lie down when we get home, okay? Maybe you just exerted yourself a bit too much today," Seto offered, but his voice was clearly alerted now.
"Yeah.. I could go for a nap too."
Once they arrived home, Seto helped Joey up into their room to lie down and covered him with a blanket to keep him warm.
"Do you need anything? I'm going to go check on things in my office if you need me."
"Thanks.. I think I'll just try an' catch some shuteye though."
Nodding softly and placing a chaste kiss upon his lover's forehead, Seto went off to see to his work. Mokuba wandered in later to join him, but just sat watching television while the teen clicked away upon his laptop.
It seemed to be a few hours later, after the boy had nodded off in front of the screen's glow, that Seto finally decided he had finished enough for the night and shut down. He went over to his little brother and gently shook his shoulder to awaken him.
"Mokuba?.. Come on, let's get you into bed."
Letting out a large yawn, the little one sat up and rubbed at his eyes groggily before letting his older brother be a guiding hand and pushing him towards his room.
They both stopped when the study door opened and found Joey holding onto the doorframe. His pants were soaked and dripping down the legs.
".. Joey?.. Did you wet your pants or something?" Mokuba questioned sleepily.
The golden locked head shook nervously, "Not quite, Mokuba... Guys?.. My water just broke upstairs.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh, shit, I can't do this.. Can't I reschedule or somethin'?" Joey panted as he lay propped up in a hospital bed.
After his little announcement had scared the two brothers silly, Seto started barking out orders to everyone. Mokuba grabbed the suitcase by the door as they hurried into the limo and rushed towards the hospital in a frenzy.
They admitted Joey, mostly due to Seto's shouted threats if they did not, and prepped a room for him to stay. He had change into a hospital gown and have every device he could imagine hooked up to him. A fast, steady drumbeat in the background showed the baby's heart rate was fine. A nurse was looking over another machine and telling how Seto could watch for approaching contractions.
"Don't worry, dear, you're just nervous right now.. Your water may have broken, but you're only dilated about 2 centimeters right now," the nurse stated.
"Can ya tell me in English?.. Kinda hard ta concentrate with pain going on.."
"You need to dilate to 10 centimeters before you're ready to deliver and that can take several hours. The baby is still resting high, but at least she's in the correct position. I'll be back in a while to check on your progress," she replied before she left the room.
Joey winced slightly as he closed his eyes, "Greaaaat..."
About 5 minutes later, everyone else showed up. They all looked a little sleepy since it was a little past midnight. Bakura and Marik looked rather pissed and obviously interrupted from some late night exercising in their bedroom.
"Man, Joey, you look like hell," Tristan noted before Teá slapped him in the back of the head.
"Fuck.. I hate ya so much ya mouthy sonava-bitch.."
"How are you doing, Joey?" Yugi asked timidly.
"Ohhhh, shit... Like I'm dyin' slowly...
Seto glanced over to the machine he was supposed to be watching, "Joey, hang on, there's another one coming."
A second later, Joey hissed painfully and gripped at the bed sheets, "NGH!!.. FUCKING SHIT DAT HURTS!...." He panted hard and tried to focus and remember the breathing techniques he learned. Cracking his eyes open a moment, he zeroed in on the two spirits with a death glare. "I'm gonna kill ya two when dis pain stops.. Oh GOD, am I gonna kill ya!!"
All eyes turned to narrow upon Marik and Bakura. They thought the two yamis should probably be punished now for putting their friend through such agony.
"I think you two should just stay in here and watch what your troublemaking has led to. Just look at the pain Joey is in!" Ryou scolded.
"Dere's no way in hell I'm lettin' dose two watch me!! It's bad enough my crotch has been on public display for as many people as it has already!!" Joey hollered as he tried to sit up some.
Seto smirked slightly as he spoke quietly to his suffering partner, "Why not have them watch that tape Sasara gave us? It's close enough."
Joey managed a frazzled grin in return and nodded. He knew Seto would make good on his word and the tape would probably be in their hands in the hour. The elder Kaiba asked Mokuba to call and send for the tape as soon as they could.
Yami overheard and decided to speak with them a bit later. Meanwhile, Dr. Kokoro came in and smiled to the familiar couple that was her patients.
"So, Joey, I finally get to see you in here, hrm? Are you ready to see your baby later?"
The blonde huffed and panted, sweat beading his brow, "I'm ready fer dis pain ta stop soon.. Isn't dere any drugs I can take now? Just dope me up until I don't care what's happenin'.."
Dr. Kokoro was looking over the different monitors and readings while she listened, "Well, everything looks fine so far. When you dilate to 4 centimeters we can give you an epidural to help numb some of that pain. Let's see how far you are now.." She looked at the audience she had, then back to Joey, "Would you like your friends to stay in here?"
"All of ya get da fuck outta my room!" he yelled.
That certainly answered her question. They scuttled outside quickly before she slipped on a disposable glove and checked on Joey's progress.
"Still 2 centimeters... But you're doing wonderful for a first timer. The baby still feels high, but she should be dropping down once you progress further. Just call the nurse if you need anything and I promise I'll be here. Would you like me to send your friends back in now?" she inquired while stripping her glove and covering Joey's lower half again.
"Sure. Thank ya."
The doctor let the group return once she made her way out and they visited for a bit longer until the tape arrived. Seto gave Joey's hand a squeeze, then handed the cassette to Ryou.
"Here, let them watch this instead. Nobody else will want to though. It's a bit.. graphic."
The pale hikari nodded a bit and everyone excused themselves to go get some rest in one of the waiting rooms. And to find a place for Bakura and Marik to watch the tape. Yami lingered behind so he could speak to his brunette rival.
"So, what are you making them watch?" the former pharaoh quirked curiously.
"It's a tape of an actual, live birth that Joey and I watched... It still gives me nightmares. I don't know if it will affect those delinquents though."
Yami started grinning with an evil glint in his eye, "I could guarantee that it would affect them if you'd like.. I think we all want them to realize exactly how serious this matter is."
It was Seto's turn to grin, "I like your offer. But it makes me wonder if you're not as crazy as those other two sometimes.. What did you have in mind?"
"Oh, with just a bit of shadow magic, I could make them feel everything Joey does. I've heard childbirth can be quite.. uniquely feeling.. And I thought our 'friends' should share in that experience."
Joey, who was listening in, grinned too, "I think I like ya being evil, Yams.. Ya got my vote for it. Teach those bastards a lesson about screwin' with people's genders."
Seto and Yami smirked with amusement and Seto gave the other a nod in agreement, "I'll have to go with Joey on this one. Have fun, Yami."
The ancient teen nodded with a plotting smile before turning and letting his hips sway a bit as he sashayed out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joey's labor continued on for what seemed like centuries to the teen. Every half hour, another nurse would come in and probe him to see how he was doing. He found the baby was moving down at least, but his dilation was taking forever.
The level of pain was steadily increasing though and every once in a while, someone's head would peak in shyly to check on the screams and strings of profanities. Most of the time it was Yugi, since he was concerned about his best friend's well being.
When it was Yami's turn to come check, he let them know that the tape didn't seem to bother Bakura and Marik as much as they had hoped, but the other plan was working quite nicely. Sure, they had threatened death on everyone, but Yami was keeping a reign on their shadow magic so nothing would happen.
The hours rolled by, drawing everyone in the waiting room to drift off to sleep. Except Bakura and Marik who Yami had forced to go back into their items to quiet their howling down.
Malik was sleeping with his head upon Ryou's shoulder while the white-haired light rested his head upon the Egyptian's. Tristan was sleeping on the floor. Teá was curled up in two chairs. Mokuba lay upon his stomach across a few chairs. And Yugi had fallen asleep with his head in his darkness' lap. Yami sat upright with his head slightly lolled to one side.
Seto was having trouble staying awake as well. He was sitting in a chair beside Joey's bed and found his head continued to bob while he struggled to remain alert. Joey was exhausted, but there was no way he was going to be sleeping with all this pain going on.
It was 7:12 AM.
The next time Dr. Kokoro checked Joey, she smiled happily, "Well, you've hit 4 centimeters now. Let me call for that epidural and then you can get some rest. Sound good?"
"I could kiss ya right now.."
When the tray with the epidural arrived, Seto woke up enough to help her get Joey into a sitting position. Joey leaned forward, head nestled into Seto's chest as his lower back was wiped down.
"Alright, Joey. You're going to feel a prick and a slight burning at first. It's like being stung by a bee.. Just relax."
Joey yelped as the needle went in and made a muffled scream into his husband's shirt through the burning sensation.
"How are you doing, Joey?" Dr. Kokoro looked up.
Tears rolled down from the corners of his amber eyes, ".. I'm just.. peachy-fuckin'-keen..."
Seto held the shorter teen's hand while rubbing the stiffened shoulders with the other and whispered soft words of encouragement to him. Finally, the needle was in place and the tubing taped down before Joey could lay back. Seto ran his fingers through the disheveled golden tresses tenderly.
A short time later, the blonde's attitude had definitely improved and he decided to try and get some rest now. The door was closed, shades drawn, and lights dimmed to let the two rest peacefully.
In moments, the young CEO was fast asleep with his head upon Joey's bed and holding his hand. Joey eventually drifted off into a light slumber as well to get some energy for later.
Their little nap lasted for about two hours until Joey began to stir again and the nurse came to check his dilation once more. He was at 7 centimeters now, but at least in not as much pain as before.
Once the nurse left, everyone else took it as a sign that it was fine to go in. Joey yawned with pure exhaustion, but offered a smile for everyone. They didn't stay long so he could go back to sleep for a bit longer and decided to head to the hospital cafeteria for some breakfast. Seto declined, being that he was snoring softly still.
This time, Joey took a short catnap between visits. Once Seto wearily raised his head, Joey decided to stay up as well. Mokuba poked his head in a short while later and agreed to play a runner to get some food and coffee for his brother. He even brought a cup of ice chips as Joey requested.
The others trickled back in to visit again now that Joey was a bit more alert and crunching away on ice. Mokuba stood close to his big brother, sipping a bottle of orange juice while Seto ate.
Joey's contractions were bothering him a bit more again, despite the drugs. Bakura and Marik made an appearance again, but looked much more worse for wear. Ryou smiled quietly and smugly when he noticed them.
Another two hours crept by while Joey continued to dilate and nurses checked on him. He was getting the urge to push rather strongly. When Dr. Kokoro came back in to check, Joey was gripping the bed with white knuckles and trying to breathe with the techniques he learned while Seto wiped a cool, damp cloth over his partner's forehead.
"Well, what do you know. You're 10 centimeter's at last, Joey. Ready to have your baby?"
"Not really.. But I don't think I gotta choice.." he panted.
Mokuba popped in with Yugi while everything was getting set up. The ebony-haired boy raced off to go tell the others while Yugi came over to his friend's side to check on him one last time.
The rails of the bed came down and Joey was raised to more of an incline. His stocking feet were lifted up and set into the stirrups while his lower half was finally exposed. Dr. Kokoro donned a mask, cap, gloves, and disposable covers while she took her place between the blonde's thighs.
Yugi came a bit too close though, because he found the front of his shirt completely fisted in a vice grip while Joey hit another contraction. He clenched his jaw tightly and muffled a howl of pain.
The amethyst-eyed youth yelped in surprise as he was lifted to his tiptoes until his shirt finally ripped free. He fell on his backside, now shirtless. Seto looked over the bed.
"You all right?.."
"Y-yeah.. But what am I going to do about my shirt?.."
Joey was slowly coming down from the peak when Seto just decided to hurry and be done with the matter.
"Just grab one out of the suitcase."
Yugi nodded in haste before retrieving one and scurrying out quickly. He did not really care to watch this happen anyway since it made him rather squeamish.
"Alright, Joey. On this next contraction, I want you to start pushing. No screaming. Just put all that energy into your push... Okay, Joey... Now, start pushing!"
The blonde dug his fingers into the bedding, his entire body shuddering as he focused everything he had to push. A strained groan escaped his lips midway. Twin howlings echoed in the distance from the direction of the waiting room.
"That's it. Keep going.. Just a little bit more.. Okay, you can rest."
Joey let out his breath loudly before collapsing back against the elevated bed. He panted hard to catch his breath and Seto took his hand.
"You can do it, Joey. You've already come so far already."
"SHUT DA FUCK UP YA FUCKIN' ASSHOLE!!! DIS IS ALL YER FAULT!!!!! I'M GONNA RIP YER NUTS OFF, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!"
The doctor interrupted with a stern command, "Push, Joey!"
Taking in a deep breath, he began pushing once more. His chin dropped to his chest and even his toes curled with the effort. Joey squeezed the brunette's hand so tightly, Seto was sure he heard bones snapping.
"NGGHHHH... FFFFFFFUCK!" Joey let out his breath, but was ordered to keep pushing again. With a quick gulp of air, he started again.
By now, his face was rather red from strain and sweat droplets ran freely down his face. Finally, he was able to rest again and he fell back gasping for air.
Seto tried to pry his crippled hand free, but it was held tight.
".. Ya ain't g.. goin' an.. anywhere.."
He winced, but nodded. Looks like he wouldn't be using his laptop for a while now.
"You're doing so great, Joey! The head is right here. Just a few more pushes and she'll be out," Dr. Kokoro urged.
Giving a few more pants, Joey slurped up another lungful of air and started once more. He moved to grit his teeth to almost breaking as he felt himself being stretched beyond capacity.
"OH FUCK, I'M GONNA RIP IN TWO!!!!"
"The head's almost out, Joey! Just keep pushing!!"
Seto moved his free hand to copy one of the nurses and pull Joey's leg back. Joey strained a grunted groan, completely ignoring that his knees were practically on either side of his head now.
He let out a loud scream, echoed once more from the waiting room, as he was stretched farther and farther and farther. Taking a swift breath, he pushed as hard as he could until he was told to stop.
"NGHHH!!! JUST GET HER OUT!!!"
"The head's out, Joey. We just have to make sure the umbilical cord isn't wrapped around the baby's neck."
Dr. Kokoro checked quickly and took a moment to suction the infant's nose and mouth.
"Alright, Joey. One last push should do it.. Deep breath.. and push!!"
Joey focused his last ounce of strength into the push, giving a muffled scream once one shoulder slipped through, but a heartbeat later, she was completely out. He collapsed wearily in exhausted relief.
A few seconds passed before the most beautiful sound came to their ears as the little one gave her first wailing cries.
"It's a girl!"
Tears of relief and joy began pouring down the shorter teen's flushed cheeks as he sobbed happily. Seto had trouble holding back his own tears while he gently grasped Joey's head in both hands and took him into a long, loving kiss.
He sniffled, "I love you, Joey."
Joey made a whimpered sound in reply, still being so overwhelmed with his emotions.
Seto was pulled away long enough to cut the cord and watch his daughter be taken to be dried off and wrapped. The blonde duelist just lay back in a daze, head lolling some as he rested. A few moments later, he was holding his beautiful little girl in his arms and crying all over again.
Asuka had her eyes closed, but squirmed just slightly as she tried to adjust to her new surroundings. She made little grunting noises and scrunched up her tiny face.
"My, god.. She's absolutely beautiful, Joey..."
"Uh huh..." he agreed, still in a daze.
Once everything was cleaned up and things had settled down a bit, Joey laid back to rest while the new father took a turn holding the little one. Asuka started crying, alarming Seto until Joey spoke.
"I think she's hungry.. I haven't eaten since last night after all."
"Oh, okay.. So what-- Oh.." Seto started before handing her back over to his partner.
Joey blushed softly as he held her again, then stole a quick glance to his husband, ".. Don't laugh at me."
"I'm not laughing."
Carefully, he shifted his gown top and nervously held Asuka close to his breast until she latched on and began to nurse. Cerulean eyes widened a fraction in fascination while Joey smiled a goofy, sheepish smile.
".. It feels weird.. It's kinda embarrassing ta have ya watch.."
"I suppose I should think it a bit strange as well, but, it's beautiful to watch in its own way."
The shorter felt rather relieved after that. They sat quietly while Asuka finished and drifted off to sleep. Seto took her again so Joey could relax. It was a short time later that the others were peeping in anxiously until they were signaled to come in.
"Where's Bakura and Marik?.." Joey asked.
Ryou chuckled slightly, "It seems they could not stop screaming that they were being turned inside out before they simply fainted. Yami sent them back into our items so we wouldn't have to carry their bodies home."
"Heh.. Serves 'em right.."
They all asked Joey how he was feeling though before they begged to see the baby. Seto held her up enough so they could see and informed them she was sleeping. The others 'ooh'ed and 'aww'ed over the newborn happily. Yugi almost made a little squeal because he thought she was so cute.
A nurse came in with a cot for Seto and to take Asuka so Joey could rest and recover, so their visit was cut a bit short. They decided to go back to their own homes and rest some more anyway, but promised to be back when Joey was feeling better.
Joey said his 'thank you's and 'goodbye's before they finally left, then turned to his husband.
"I need a nap..."
Seto chuckled softly, "I think you earned one. I'm going to get some sleep too."
Amber eyes slid closed as he got comfortable and began drifting off to sleep, "Good.. 'cuz I'm gonna kick yer ass later fer all dat pain ya put me through...."
-----------------------------------
A/N: I have to pee so bad right now and go to bed. Night all.