Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ The Truth of a Dream: The Wings of Destiny ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The Truth of a Dream- The Wings of Destiny
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Neferue is my character. I do not own the Egyptian gods and goddesses mentioned in this chapter.
 
The dream still lingered on inside Atemu's mind. It continued to bother him. The more he began to think about the dream, the more pressured and stressed he felt.
 
He looked up to the sky. It was a starry night. Atemu remembered how his father used to tell him how the gods and goddesses of Egypt would be constantly watching over the kingdom, even if they couldn't be seen. He wondered if any of them were watching him right now.
 
Suddenly, an idea popped right into Atemu's head. What if I asked one of the gods or goddesses for help? he thought. They control my fate; certainly they could provide me an answer.
 
He raced quickly to the temple where the people prayed. It was late at night, so no one was there but him. He was all alone in the temple. Any step he took into the dark corridors echoed throughout the walls.
 
Now, the next thing to do was to pick one of the gods or goddesses to ask. But which one?
 
Atemu walked down the corridor and looked at the various statues of Egyptian deities. There was Amon-Re, the god of the sun and of life. There was Osiris, the god of Spirits. There was Horus, the protector of the sun, who controlled the passing of day and night. There were various different beings to choose from, but none of them seemed appropriate for his request.
 
Finally, at the end of the corridor was a statue of a beautiful goddess. She was unlike the other gods and goddesses for she had beautiful wings for her arms. Atemu looked up at the statue and stared at the misty wan face of the Ma'at, the goddess of Truth. This is the one to ask about my dream, Atemu thought.
 
Atemu knelt in front of the statue to pray. Please, Godess Ma'at, the one who upholds and protects truth and honesty, please tell me what my dream means.
 
After his little prayer, he stood up and proceeded to leave. He would have to wait to see if Ma'at would provide an answer. Oddly enough, as he reached the temple entrance, he noticed something fall to the ground. A feather was descending from the sky, and it rested itself at the pharaoh's feet.
 
Atemu looked up. There wasn't a single bird in sight. So, then where did the feather come from?
He then picked up the feather. Perhaps the feather was a sign of good grace.
 
One of the priestess, Isis was walking nearby. Her duties called her to take care of the shrine. She noticed the pharaoh at the entranceway, holding a feather in his hand. She wondered what he was doing outside so late at night. She decided to talk to him.
 
“My pharaoh, why are you out so late?” Isis remarked. “You should be resting.”
 
“Thank you for your concern,” Atemu replied, “but I cannot sleep with this disturbing dream still lingering in my head. I had asked one of the Egyptian goddesses for help.”
 
A puzzled look spread across Isis's face. “A dream, my pharaoh?” she asked. “Perhaps fate had led me to you, for I can be the one to interpret your dream.”