Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ Magic Love ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Magic Love
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Neferue is my character.
 
Mana just lay on the bed in her dormitory. The conflicting thoughts were still swimming inside her head.
 
There was a knock at her door. “Come in,” Mana replied. Neferue came stomping in, an angry look spread across her face.
 
“There is no way a magician girl could have stolen the pharaoh's heart!” she screamed. “You harem girl!”
 
Mana was sorely offended by the remark. “What?! I am not a harem girl!” she answered back.
 
“You might as well be one,” Neferue remarked in rage. “Here I am, destined to be a queen, to restore my family's honor, to gain all the power that I ever desired, and yet you come and barge in!”
 
“If I'm a harem girl, then you are nothing but a stingy, selfish jackal!” Mana screamed back.
 
A pause ensued, much like that of a cooling off period in which fiery heads take time too recollect and think before talking. Neferue then spoke again: “If I EVER see you with my fiancé, then you shall experience all of my rage upon your head!” Neferue then walked out, slamming the door.
 
Mana then got scared. She wondered what Neferue meant by “you shall experience all of my rage upon you head”. She most certainly didn't want to find out.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
The next day, Mana did her best to avoid contact with Atemu. Any task that involved seeing him she averted as much as she could. She pretty much just hid away in the garden all day.
 
She stood by the wading pool again, and stared at her reflection in the water, full of clarity. Suddenly, she felt unusually sad, and she felt as if she wanted to cry. She knew why she was so sullen, but she could not describe it in words; she just felt miserable, and now her soul seemed to be drowning in sorrow.
 
Mana closed her eyes and tears fell from them, descending into the crystal clear waters below. Then she felt a hand softly touch her shoulder. “Mana, are you alright?” a voice asked.
 
Mana recognized the voice. Oh, please don't let it be who I think it is. Startled, she turned around, and to her upmost horror, it was Atemu.
 
She proceeded to run away, but Atemu got a firm grip on her arm, so she barely got any distance.
 
“Oh, please just leave me alone!” she cried out. “Let me go!” She struggled to wrestle herself out of the pharaoh's grip, but to no avail; he just tightened his grip.
 
“I'm not going to let you go until you tell me why you have been avoiding me all day,” Atemu answered.
 
Mana then stopped struggling. “I…I can't tell you,” she replied back. “Just, please, let go of my arm.” She wanted to cry again.
 
“Is this because of Neferue?” Atemu asked softly. “I followed you last night and saw what happened between you and her.”
 
Mana just stood still, somewhat shocked. “You… you followed me?” she asked lightly.
 
“Well, yes,” Atemu replied back. “You ran off crying and I wanted to make sure that you were alright…Clearly, you're not.”
 
Mana didn't know what to think of it. Those confusing feelings came back inside her head again, those same confusing feelings that flooded her mind the night before, when he told her of his dream.
 
Atemu's face grew soft. “Mana,” he began, “I car for you and I worry about you. Please, do not run away from me.” The he raised his hand to the side of her face and placed it lovingly on her cheek.
 
Mana's eyes grew wide with wonder. Then, it seemed as if her hand began to move on her own, to overlap his hand; her hand then just rested there. She then closed her eyes. His hand felt nice and warm against her face. Then her body appeared to react on its own will. And Atemu's seemed to do the same.
 
The space between them gradually began to diminish, and neither of them seemed to know why. Their necks just veered in closer, shrinking the gap even more. Finally, the space between the two had disappeared, and Mana felt Atemu's lips softly press against hers.
 
Their souls seemed to fly as they met, and it was as if they could caress the sky. It seemed like time stood still for them while their spirits and hearts mingled together. It was as if like magic encapsulated the two in their own precious world.