Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 11

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-KAGOME'S POV-

Nooo!!! Not the Chinese restaurant!!! Why?! Out of all the restaurants they could have chosen, they just had to pick this one!!!

"Alright!!! Chinese! Say, since I'm running kinda low on cash, could you, um, pay for me, Kurama?" Yusuke asked desperately.

"Hm. No, I don't think so, Yusuke. You should have thought of that before you agreed to go out to eat. Oh well, guess you'll just have to sit and watch everyone else eat." Kurama joked,although, apparently, Yusuke didn't quite understand.

"WHAT???!!!" Yusuke yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Maybe, if you got a JOB, you would have money of your own for times like these." Keiko scolded him.

"Yup. Too bad for you, but, even I have to work for my money. All you do is find it off of the ground or take it from the people you beat up."Kuwabara said.

"Awwww. Kagome-Sama? Would you mind paying for me? Kagome-Sama?" Yusuke begged of her.

"So sorry Yusuke, but I'm afraid I can't." Kagome replied, almost ready to agree when she heard "Kagome-Sama", but thought better of it.

"Fine, Yusuke, I'll pay, but next time I won't. You'd better get yourself a job." Kurama finally stopped the joke, probably from hunger.

"ALRIGHT!" Yusuke yelled in joy, as he raced Kuwabara into the restaurant.

"Oh well...." Kagome mumbled, as she too trudged into the restaurant.

""Oh well" what?" Hiei asked from right behind her, making her jump.

"H-Hiei?! You startled me!"Kagome said angrily.

"Hn.You just don't want to see that annoying girl from last time. Right?" He said, ignoring her anger.

"Can you blame me?! They're annoying, like you said!" She answered, as they made their way inside.

"Hn. Why don't you try avoiding and hiding from them, if they're that annoying, that is." Hiei suggested to her.

"That's a great idea, Hiei! It will probably be hard, and I'm sure to run into her at least once. But, I'll give it a try anyways." Kagome resolved.

As they took their seats at a large table, Kagome immediately spotted all three:Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi coming towards her table, and without any thought she ducked her head as low as possible, without going down onto the ground or under the table, and blocked her face with her menu.

"Getting really into your menu, eh Kagome?" Shizuru commented on her odd behavior.

"Oh, yeah, I-I just love reading menu's. Always been a habit of mine, ever since I was young." She replied nervously.

"What a weird habit." Kuwabara said, looking at Kagome weirdly, not that Kagome could see, via, the menu in her face.

"Yeah, whatever, catlover." Yusuke brought attention to Kuwabaras odd obsession with cats.

"Urameshi! That's supposed to be a secret." Kuwabara yelled, as he stood up in anger.

"You were actually trying to keep it a secret? I'm shocked. You only made it so obvious to just about anyone." Shizuru said.

"You wanna start something or what? Eh Kuwabara?!" Yusuke said as he too stood up, with his familiar cocky smile in place.

Kagome noticed that Kuwabara and Yusuke's arguement had stopped Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka dead in their tracks, each with sweatdrops on their heads. For this, Kagome was thankful towards Yusuke and Kuwabara for.

"Um,Uh, so, what are do you plan on ordering Kagome?" Yukina asked.

"Huh? Oh, ummm... I'll probably have some beef and broccoli, I guess." Kagome answered.

"Really? I'm having the same." Yukina replied with her trademark smile.

"Good choice." Kagome complimented her, with her usual pretty smile as well. (Which I'd like to add, Hiei happened to notice it too and, well, somehow he got an extremely unfamiliar, but definitely good, feeling from.)

Kagome barely noticed in time but Eri Yuka and Ayumi were, once again, making their way towards her.
She, of course, hid again hastily, as Yukina gave her a questioning look for, "I'll tell you later! Just don't let any attention be drawn to me! Please?" Kagome hastily whispered to Yukina.

"Um, I don't really understand, but.. okay...?" Yukina whispered back.

"Thank you so much!"

"Hello!!! I'm Yuka, this is Eri and this is Ayumi." Yuka explained, indicating each girl as she said their names." All three of us will be serving you, so you can get your food faster! That said, Are you ready to order?" She asked, Kagome silently thanked god for Yuka's horrible memory, and all three of theirs stupidity, as to not see Kagome sitting there.

"Yes, I think we are." Kurama replied politely, acting oblivious to the girls' excited squeals at his mere presence.

"Ah, then, what would you like?" Ayumi asked,"Drinkwise, that is."Ayumi soon left after getting in everyone's drink requests, and then it was Eri's turn. "What would you like to eat, then?" After everyone told her what they'd like, she,too, left. "Would you mind handing me your menus?" She asked everyone. Kagome reluctantly let hers go and opted to cover her face with her hands in place of the menu.

"Say, ma'am..." Yuka asked Kagome, as Kagome hoped against hope that she didn't reconize her. 'Please don't let her reconize me! please!' she silently begged.