Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 13

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-IN SPIRIT WORLD-
-KOENMA'S POV-

'Hmmm... I think it's time to give Kagome the jewel... it would be best for it to have guardian as soon as possible. I've waited long enough.'Were Koenma's thoughts, as he made his way towards a paticular, heavily guarded, vault that was very large with the key to it in hand.

"Koenma, sir."A guard said as he bowed his head and moved out of his bosse's way.

Suddenly, Koenma stopped, opened his mouth wide, and yelled "Ogre!"at the top of his lungs.

After merely 5 seconds a blue ogre came dashing into the room saying:" Y-Yes, Koenma sir! How can I be of assistance?" Stuttering a bit from running so fast.

"Open the vault's door. I'm... not tall enough." Was the reply, the last part said very quickly.

"Yes!" And with that the vault was opened revealing a huge room, even larger than the door itself would have led you to believe,in whick Koenma walked right into and made his way to the very middle of, where one tiny stone lay hidden in the darkness that seemed to flood the room itself, the stone of which Koenma picked up very carefully and stared at it. It was beautiful, the way it shimmered. It was hard to believe such a thing could be so monsterous, could destroy so many lives so easily. But it was the truth, which was why Koenma hastily stuffed it into his pocket, worried about being overcome with yearn for the powers the small trinket could grant him.

"Ogre..."Koenma said quietly,"Call in Hiei and tell him to bring Kagome,it's time she learned the truth about how Hiei saved her, and it's also time for you-know-what to go into her possesion as well." Koenam explained.

"Yes sir."The ogre agreed, rushing off to do as he was told, leaving Koenma to make his way to his office alone.

-LATER ON; KAGOME AND HIEI HAVE ARRIVED-

'So... this is where Hiei's boss works.'Kagome thought as she glanced about herself."So,Hiei, does your boss REALLY look like a toddler?" She asked, wary of the tense silence that had taken place between herself and Hiei ever since he'd been notified of his and Kagome's visit, that his boss had requested."Hn."Was Hiei's only reply, which answered nothing. Was it possible for him to be more silent anyways? Maybe she'd just been imagining it all along."We're here."Hiei said quietly, as he opened a large door.

"Good you've come."She heard a voice say, as she walked in, noticing that the voice belonged to a toddler.'So, it is true...'Kagome pondered in her head.

"I'm Koenma, Hiei and the rest of the Spirit detectives boss. It is nice to meet you, Kagome."The toddler said to her.

"You too!" Kagome said happily.

"Well straight to buissiness. The reason I called you here was to return this to you."He said, taking something from his pocket and putting it into Kagomes extended hand."The Shikon Jewel!"Kagome said, mistified.She couldn't believe it had survived so long.

"You are, once again, it's guardian. We rescued you because you were the person meant to guard the jewel in this time period, but you weren't here so the spirit world has been guarding it, although it should be safer in your posession now."He explained.

"There's another reason I called you here as well...You see, I think there's something you ought to know. Your soul is involved in it so I'm going to tell you. Even the other person who's soul is in volved doesn't want me to..." Koenma began speaking again."You see, when Hiei saved you, he had no other choice but to allow the two of your souls to kind of twist together. You were running out of your soul, you barely had and of your soul at all, so Hiei allowed Midoriko to perform a spell on the two of you. You and Hiei are now intertwined permanently. till death do you part."Koenma finished his explanation.

"W-what?!" Kagome said, clearly shocked."Hiei... you did that... for me....?"And as Kagome had predicted, there was no reply.