Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yusuke's Cousin the Miko ❯ Yusuke's Next Mission ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

(The day after Kagome and Sango got to the apartment)

Yusuke got up early cause he couldn't sleep. He was watching T.V. when he heard a knock at the door. He got up and went to the door. When he opened it, he saw Hiei.

"Hiei? What are you doing here?" Yusuke blinked at the fire and ice apparition.

Sango got out of bed to get a glass of water; on her way, she saw what Kagome had explained to be T.V. on. Wondering she took a step forward when she heard familiar voice.

"Hiei? What are you doing?" Sango walked to the hallway looking around.

"Yusuke? What are you doing up so early?" Yusuke turned around to see Sango sticking her head around the corner.

*He's a demon! I can feel it! What's it want with Yusuke? Huh? So he's trying to read my mind. I don't think so.* Sango glared at Hiei and put a hand behind her back to grab a pencil-length ninja cane, which was hidden beneath her shirt. She was about to throw it when Yusuke's voice stopped her.

"Ah this is my friend Hiei. He just came by to wake me up. What are you doing up?" Sango never let go of the ninja cane when she answered.

"I got up to get a glass of water when I heard your voice and decided to see if you're alright." Sango glared at Hiei and did the same. Sango never let her gaze leave Hiei.

Kirara, Sango hide her in the backpack that Kagome had given her, had got worried when her master didn't come back so she got up and followed her being sure to keep out sight. Kirara was right around the corner.

"Yusuke why would he come get you this early in the morning?" Sango asked sliding the ninja cane out but still hidden behind her back.

"I...I lost a bet with him. Now I have to jump into the school pool! See ya!" Yusuke said quickly and walked out, shutting the door.

Sango slid the ninja cane back in its sheath and walked back into her bedroom that she shared with Kagome.

*What is a demon doing with Kagome's cousin? I would send Kirara to be sure Yusukes all right but if he's after the jewel then we'll need Kirara to help protect it.* Sango thought walking back to the room she and Kagome shared.

"Kirara. Sleep next to Kagome and keep your guard up. That demon might try to take the jewel." Sango said after she closed the door. Kirara growled when her master said demon. She walked next Kagome's neck and curled up under the blankets so no one would see her.

A few minutes earlier...

Yusuke walked out side and after the door was shut, he turned to Hiei.

"What's up?" Yusuke asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Koenma has another mission for us." Hiei said crossing his arms over his chest giving the spirit detective a cold stare.

"What do you mean us? I didn't know you were a spirit detective." Yusuke blinked in confusion at the idea of Hiei being a spirit detective.

"I'm not." Hiei said, sending Yusuke a glare.

A portal opened before them and pulled both of them into it. Hiei landed on his feet, and Yusuke on his head.

"Yusuke your late!" A toddler with an over sized hat yelled, hitting his fists on his desk.

"Shuddup! What the hect do you want this time!?" Yusuke yelled back, getting up and brushing himself off.

"Your new mission is to find shards of the Shikon no Tama, jewel of four souls and bring them to me." Koenma pushed a button and on came the big-screen TV.

"I thought the jewel disappeared over 500 years ago." Kurama said from his position on the couch, blinking in confusion.

"Yes it did Kurama, but it reappeared 50 years after it did. Then someone recklessly broke it into a thousand pieces. Over the time, I have been able to collect about seven shards. All the information we have on it is that one of the shards can double a demons power." Koenma said.

"So what?" Yusuke shorted.

"If demons get a hold of these shards they can open a portal from the demon world to the living and kill off the human race! Do you want die tomorrow?!!" Koenma yelled before hitting Yusuke over the head.

"Alright! Sheeesh…How are we supposed to find the shards?" Yusuke rubbed his sore head.

*What is it with people hitting me over the head dammit!?!* Yusuke thought angrily.

"There's a young girl who can see the shards. We haven't been able to dig up any information on her, but she's been detected somewhere within a 500 mile radius from your home. That's all we know for now, Boton will update you as soon as we have more info." Koenma hit a button that transported Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei to the park in the middle of broad daylight.

"Hey where's Kuwabara?" Yusuke asked looking around.

"I wasn't able to wake him." Kurama answered

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

End of chapter. I'm just read doing my chapters and they are VERY BAD and SHORT. Makes me wonder WHY I got all of my reviewers.