Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Half empty Half full ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson: Hi again, I hope you liked the last chapter. I have a request for any reviewers. My friend has a story, but nobody is reviewing her besides me! If you would please read her story. Her penname is ShadowRenaman, and she only has one story so you can't miss it. Thanks much.

*************************************************************** *********

Kuronue's POV

I sighed and nodded, then turned to walk out of the mess hall, knowing everyone would follow. I saw Damen outside the doors, and thanked him for telling us. He just waved his hand, saying it was no problem. I would see him later again tonight. He was my new instructor and roommate.

Noel's POV

It wasn't long until everyone was safe in our room, and Sky was sleeping peacefully on the spare bed that we had had in our room. Once I was sure she was okay, I turned to face my brother, sitting on the bed.

"Alright, now explain." I said calmly.

He nodded, also sitting down on the bed across from me, and motioning for the others to do the same. Kurama toke a seat next to me, and Yusuke and Kuwabara toke a seat on either side of my brother. I then noticed that Hiei was still standing up against the wall.

"Hiei, why don't you sit down, there is room next to me, and I am sure it will be more comfortable."

I said it merely a request, I didn't want to be rude. He just `Hn'ed, and slowly walked over to my other side sitting down. I noticed Kurama smile with a glint of something in his eyes, but I gave no thought to it and turned my attention back to my brother.

"Alright Noel, what would you like to know first?" he asked.

I thought for a second before asking. I wanted to make sure I asked everything I needed to know.

"How did you know Kurama and Hiei?" I figured that was a good question to get started.

"Well, you see Noel," he paused, trying to find the right word. "I am…the reincarnation of a bat demon named Kuronue."

I gave him a blank look, that didn't answer my question, and brought another one. Who was Kuronue? He noticed my expression and continued.

"The partner of a great demon thief named Youko." I nodded, understanding more or less, and motioned for him to continue again, but instead of looking towards me he turn to Kurama to the left of me.

"I am right to say that you are also a reincarnation, and of the Youko I mentioned earlier?"

I looked over to Kurama, and was slightly surprised to see him nod, smirking, and even more surprised when I saw a flash of gold in his eyes. I looked to my right at Hiei.

"So, how do you fit in all of this?" Kurama answered for him.

"He also was a partner of Youko." I nodded.

Everything was starting to clear up. All of them were friends in past lives, all of them had memories of each other, and it was a coincidence that they all met. I was slightly unnerved by my fast understanding of all this. I decided to ask another question.

Kuronue's POV

My sister turned her gaze, probably knowing he would answer her question. I was happy she understood my simple explanation, and toke it as well as she did. Noel asked her question.

"Why are you guys here?"

I turned as well. That was a question I wanted to know as well. I had noticed earlier that they all had collars around their necks that disabled them from using their spirit energy. However the recruiters still had to put them on, and I knew they weren't that weak.

Kurama looked at her thoughtful at her question, but apologized.

"I am sorry, there really is no special reason we are here, and we just got caught and brought here."

I didn't believe him, and I didn't think Noel did either, but she didn't say anything. She looked back at me, obviously thinking. Her eyes opened as if in realization.

"Kenji, could you turn into your other form, the demon one I mean?"

Her question startled me, but I planned on answering truthfully.

"Yes, if I really wanted to." I said finally.

"Could you show me?"

I was surprised that she wanted to see my demon form, I was expecting her to shrug it of or ignore it. I nodded, and stood up concentrating, and allowed my other `presence" to take over.

Noel's POV

I saw him change, and I mean totally change. Outfit and all. The person in front of me was…

Amazing.

He had black, baggy pants that went to his ankles, and a black vest. His eyes were covered up from a large hat, and around his neck was that pendant I saw earlier. What surprised me even more were the two large bat wings protruding from his back.

The change only lasted for a moment before the Kenji I knew was back, panting slightly as he sat back down on the soft bed.

"Sorry, I guess I have been out of practice for so long that I couldn't handle the change." He said it more to the others than to me.

He didn't need to apologize however, that momentary change was enough for me and confirmed my last question.

Kuronue's POV

That transformation sapped my energy dry. I wasn't used to using that much spirit energy is all. I wondered if Kurama could change easier than me, but I didn't ask him. I noticed my sister lower her head, bangs covering her eyes, and I got the feeling I did something that saddened her.

"You are very powerful in that form, aren't you?" she said softly.

I nodded. My other form was powerful enough for me to leave her, but I wouldn't do that. My sister's voice was even softer and caring.

"So why didn't you?" She asked, looking up slightly. I could see the angry tears that dared to fall down from her eyes.

"Why didn't I what, Noel?" I could feel my heart skip a beat. Did I do something wrong?

"Leave," she said softly, wiping her eyes to make it look like she wasn't about to cry. "Why didn't you leave?"

*************************************************************** *********

Crimson: I am going to stop there for this chapter ok. That is just a little aguish, but don't worry, it gets really cute in the next chapter, I know because I already have it down on paper. Don't forget ShadowRenaman.