Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Half empty Half full ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson: Hi again, this is the cute chapter, and I would like to assure you that Hiei will have a bigger part once I start moving. There is only about one more chapter after this one, then everything starts to happen. Although I believe in love at first sight, it doesn't happen straight away in this story. Kuronue will also be in love, but it won't over throw the main characters, just help place them. Ok bye.

**************************************************************** ********

Noel's POV

I wasn't mad at him, and I knew the answer to my own question. He didn't want to leave me. It was my own weakness that made me angry. I decided not to linger on the question, it was hurting both of us. It hurt me because I admitted my weakness to myself, and it hurt him because he wanted to protect me from the inevitable.

Other than him and Sky, I am alone.

I turned to Yusuke a little quicker than I wanted to, I wanted to seem calm. I would leave my question unanswered for now.

"Well, I am your trainer, is there anything you would like to ask?" I was happy to hear that my voice didn't portray my feelings.

Yusuke looked around the room and I noticed his eyes linger on one of the open boxes, filled of Kenji's belongings.

"Yea, who's moving?" he asked finally.

"Kenji is. He is almost an adult, so he has to move to another room." I paused before continuing. "One of you guys will probably take his place, and the rest of you will have your own room."

I saw Yusuke and Kuwabara grin in a perverted fashion. I automatically made a note that they wouldn't be the replacement. I decided to ruin their thoughts right now.

"Or if you two would prefer, I could personally make sure you sleep outside." I finished my statement with a deadly calm voice and a stern look.

Yusuke seemed to understand, and back off, but Kuwabara was a little …

Slower.

"As long as you are there too, who cares." He shouted, holding onto my hand again.

Did he really not get it, or was he trying to piss me off on purpose? I decided to try and be nice, especially after remembering what I did to the poor guy earlier.

"Please let go of my hand." It was worth a try to ask, but he still held onto my hand.

Inside my head was screaming, but Sky was still asleep, and I didn't want to wake her. I was practically begging for help. I was grateful when someone answered my silent plea.

"Hn. Baka, can't you tell she is just trying to be nice, though I don't see why." The voice belonged to Hiei, and I was grateful. Yusuke added his bit with a teasing voice.

"Yea, don't tell me you've forgotten Yukina already."

"What! No way Urameshi," he let go of my hand, and stood with his chest poofed out dramatically. "Yukina is the only girl for me."

I mouthed the words `thank you' to Yusuke, and he gave a thumbs up and grinned. I had a feeling that I may have actually just made a friend, and I felt a vacancy of my heart fill, but let me assure you, it was not full. I glanced over at Hiei, able to see a flash of something in his eyes. I was pretty sure it was jealousy, though I didn't know why.

"Thank you too Hiei." I whispered it to him, so no one else could hear it, I already knew he was shy.

I saw was a brief flash of surprise and it was gone. I guess people didn't thank him much. Kurama was the next one to ask a question.

"What are you training us for?"

"Well," I paused. There were a lot of things. "I have to show you the way things are done, show you everyplace you'll need to know, and teach you the rules." I grimaced slightly at my own sentence. That was a lot. Kurama shook his head.

"No, you don't have to teach us the rules, they already told us. There were quite a few as well." He said.

I nodded, and saw Yusuke and Kuwabara snicker. My brother was putting on an innocent face. I knew what that meant…

I turned around, only to be attacked by a now laughing Sky.

"Gotcha!" she yelled, throwing her arms around my neck. I suppressed a chuckle, and picked her up, putting her on my lap. My brother laughed, along with Yusuke and Kuwabara, and a slight chuckle from Kurama.

"I am glad you are feeling better Sky, I hope we weren't the cause of you waking up."

Sky smiled, closing her eyes happily.

"No, I woke up on my own." She opened up her eyes, taking in all the other people. She hopped off my lap and stood in front of Hiei. She widened her eyes in interest at him.

"Hello, who are you?" she paused, and looked at everyone else. "and who are they?"

I noticed him hesitate, and I wondered why. I decided to help him.

"They are new, and I am going to help train them."

"Oh…well that was nice of you." She said, putting her attention on me for a second before returning to Hiei.

"What's your name mister?"

Hiei flashed a glance at Kurama. I guess he didn't know what to do with little kids. Kurama spoke up.

"That is Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara." He pointed to each of them as he said their name. She nodded, computing all the manes just given to her.

"Who are you?" she asked. I could've sworn I saw a halo over her head.

"You can call me Kurama."

She smiled sweetly at him, murmuring a hello, and turned to face Hiei again. I had to admit that this was amusing to watch, and I let it show. She poked Hiei gently, forcing his eyes to look at her.

"Mister Hiei, why don't you talk?"

I was so close to smiling, she made my heart swell sometimes, and I could tell she was interested in Hiei for some reason. I spoke to her gently.

"Sky, Hiei is just quiet like that, you don't have to worry."

Her eyes widened a little.

"Really?"

Hiei nodded shortly. I wished he would be nicer to her, but then again I don't think he was used to this much attention. Sky put out her arms, embracing Hiei in a hug. His eyes widened. She explained her behavior.

"I am sorry, but you seemed like you needed a hug." I saw his eyes soften a little, and felt my mouth twitch.

Kuronue's POV

Yusuke and Kuwabara were trying their hardest not to laugh, or say aww in Kurama's case. I looked towards my sister and froze.

She was smiling.

She never smiled before, not since our parents died. I smiled too, the truth of her happiness finally out, and letting the smile reach my eyes to make it pure. Maybe Kami-sama answered my prayers, and this is the first sign. I decided not to say anything, maybe if she didn't know she was smiling, she would do it more often.

Shy pulled out of her embrace and smiled sweetly at Hiei. I swear she really is innocent, I could even almost see the halo over her head. I shook my head, laughing slightly at my own thoughts.

Luckily for Hiei, Sky went over to the others, hugging each person as she got acquainted with them. Then she walked over to my sister, and squeezed herself in between Noel and Hiei. I was happy to see Noel still smiling slightly.

Sky tugged on Noel's sleeve, and whispered something in her ear. Noel eyes widened slightly, and she shook her head, and Noel whispered something back. Sky just nodded sadly, then looked up with hope in her eyes.

"Will you guys help?" she asked, clasping her hands together and putting on a puppy dog face.

"With what?" Yusuke asked. You could tell he had fallen for the puppy eyes, and would do anything she asked, even if it was to jump off a cliff.

"Well…there is still a bit of a mess in the Mess Hall, and….."

Yusuke looked around at the others, and smirked after he saw them all nod.

"Sure, I guess we could help, we need to get used to cleaning anyway."

Noel's POV

Cleaning up the Mess Hall toke less time then I thought it would. I used the time to explain things, and where everything is. In two hours time, the room looked fine enough to call clean. I put my rag back into the bucket of partially dirty water, and told everyone we were done. They all were tired, and brightened up at the fact they were done for today. I looked up to the clock positioned on the far side of the wall.

4:00 p.m.

I sighed. We still had to move Kenji's possessions to Damen's room. Damen was his new roommate, and he needed to get set up. I would let Sky pick who would be our new partner in chores, I didn't care anymore.

"Kenji." I yelled. I would have preferred to use my normal soft voice, yelling always hurt my voice for some reason, but I had no choice but to yell because he was across the room by the door.

I called out to him again, but still his back was faced towards me. He seemed in a trance. I tried again, a little more urgently.

"Kenji!"

**************************************************************** ********

Crimson: Man! That was a lot to type! I hoped you liked it and thought Sky was cute. I would like to point out some keywords that Noel said near the end. "I would let Sky pick who would be OUR new partner……" Be patient for the next chapter. I still have to type it ^-^.