Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Half empty Half full ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson: Sorry for the delay, again. Stupid evil teachers and their final exams…

________________________________________________________________ ________

Noel's Pov

After seeing Kenji almost fall off the bench, the others and I tried to sit down even more carefully. We all almost made it, the exception being Kuwabara. The poor baka fell over, his head meeting the ground with a sickening thud. I rolled my eyes while a snickering Yusuke helped Kuwabara up.

And I thought Sarah was clumsy sometimes.

Once everyone was finally on the bench, I started eating, looking around for her. She was probably taking so long because she had to fond us, so she should be here any second now…….

I saw a blur out of the corner of my eye. She was right on time, and by the looks of it, she was going to steal Yusuke's food today. I quickly moved out my hand, catching the thief in action. I looked up calmly to meet with her gaze. She seemed disappointed.

"Damn it Noel, why do you always ruin the fun?" she asked.

"Because I can Stephanie." I replied calmly.

Stephanie was another friend of Kenji, and partly my own after a while. She was slightly taller then Hiei, with brown eyes, and light brown hair with dirty blond highlights, cut extremely short, giving her the look of a boy from first sight.

I looked down at her hand, seeing that she had Yusuke's sandwich in her grasps. I muttered a curse under my breath. She was getting better, and if she kept getting faster, it would come to the day when I wouldn't even be able to catch her. She gave me a pleading look, hunger evident in her eyes.

"Please Noel, they give us slaves so little, so," I cut her off.

"So you decided to make someone else starve to death, smart logic Steph."

She sighed, and dropped the sandwich, realizing I wasn't going to give in. She then plopped her tray down next to Yusuke's, and I settled down in my spot. I noticed Sarah cover her mouth, trying to hold back a laugh.

So that was why ……this should be interesting.

Stephanie sat down, in a fast, fluid motion. The bench of course, was unable to keep its balance, and Steph, along with Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Damen, went flying off the bench, landing not too gently on the floor. Sarah went mad with laughter.

"HaHa, that's what you get for stealing my necklace then braking it, loser."

Stephanie just got up, dusting herself off. Then she glared at Sarah, shaking a fist at her.

"May the penguins come and claim ye bitch."

Sarah returned the look.

"Like ta see you try."

Stephanie gave an irritated growl, and tried sitting down again, only slower this time. She muttered something under her breath, and took her sandwich in her hand, with the obvious conclusion that she planned to start eating now. She started to put the sandwich in her mouth, when someone shouted out.

"No, JoJo! Not JoJo!"

A girl came running from the side, and crashed into Stephanie, forcing her to meet the ground once more. Instinctively, Stephanie got up and ran, her sandwich still her hands, with the girl running not too far behind, all the while shouting out things.

"Give me JoJo back, foul beast. May all the pigs get together with the cows, and kill all you cursed meat eaters."

I rolled my eyes upward, and stood up. Like my brother said, it was my turn. Within minutes I had caught the girl chasing Stephanie. The girl started to pout, and shake a fist in the air, though it was without the intention of hitting anyone.

"Curse you to the pits of Hell, JoJo killer." I gave her an amused look.

"Tina, JoJo was already dead." Her eyes got big.

"No! Not JoJo!" I nodded, and after grabbing the still running Stephanie, returned back to the table.

Tina was yet another person who could be proclaimed `short'. She was only slightly taller than me, with dark brown hair that went to her shoulders, and brown eyes. Tina was proud of her height, and not at all ashamed of how she looked. I envied slightly though. She was not `pure born', but instead was brought here from the outside world. She knew what the sun was, and the ocean, and often described them to us over and over again. I always listened intently, dreaming I could it for myself.

But I couldn't, and though the others could leave, I would always be here. The fact that there was no way out of here was a lie. But there is no time for my dreams that will never happen. Everyone else in our group was `pure born', except for Tina and Sierra.

Which reminds me, where is she?

________________________________________________________________ ________

Crimson: Yes, Sierra, Sarah, Stephanie, and Tina are all real, and are my friends. All of them are like how I write them in this story too. Yes, they are crazy, but those are the types of people who are most fun, right?