Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Carrot ❯ Parlor Problems ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chap. 3
The ordinary boy and his "ordinary" new friend went to the ice cream parlor that day to grab something cold to eat. Kazuma asked for an orange carrot sherbet while Yusuke gagged at the thought. Unfortunately, there wasn't such an ice cream. Kazuma finally settled for an orange sherbet and Yusuke got mint chip. As they sat enjoying the snack, a tiny pigeon flew into the store. Someone screamed and tried to shoo it away. In its panic, the bird dropped a letter on Kazuma's orange ice cream. The boy yelled at the pigeon and wept over the dirty ice cream. Yusuke punched him and picked the letter out of the snack. "Yuck!" he complained, "It's full of melted ice junk!"
"Hey you!" the angry store manager called to the boys, "Why'd you let that pigeon in here?"
"We didn't!" Yusuke screamed at him.
"Then how'd it get in here?"
"I don't know!"
"Ahhhhh! Get out! Get out now!" the manager chased the two out of the parlor with an ice cream scooper in his hand.
As they ran, Kazuma stated to the other boy that the manager was almost scarier than the evil monster he fought. (By this time, he had informed Yusuke that he himself was Sailor Carrot and was awarded with about a days worth of laughter.)
"Oh yeah?" Yusuke asked, glaring at him, "How do you know that he isn't a monster himself? And who is that stupid evil monster you've been talking about, anyways?! Hah," Yusuke scoffed, "He must be pretty weak to be defeated by you!"
Kazuma moved his arm as if to punch the other boy, but when he looked to where Yusuke had been, he was gone.
"BAKA YUSUKE!" a feminine voice cried out.
"So I skipped school a day. So what?!" Kazuma heard Yusuke say in disgust.
"So what!? What do you mean by that?! Skipping school for one day is bad enough, but skipping school for the whole month is just too much!"
"Ah, shut up, Keiko."
"What Did You Say?!"
Keiko and Yusuke came into view, Keiko dragging Yusuke away. Kazuma sighed. "Yeah, he's weak all right."
"I found you!" a voice called out in triumph.
"Huh?!" Kazuma turned around. His eyes grew wide as his uninvited guest appeared. "You again!"
"Why'd you let that stupid bird into the store?" the ice cream parlor man screamed at him.
"I didn't! It, it was the other person, the one who was with me!"
"Oh yeah, but you were with him, so you must have been in on it!"
"But I wasn't!"
The store manager continued to chase after the anguished boy. * * *
"You don't know who I am," Kazuma panted, "I am the great Sailor Carrot!"
"Sailor Carrot? Who the he** is that?!"
"Shoot," Kazuma thought to himself. "I wasn't supposed to reveal that to people...oh well, I've gone too far now."
"Carrot Power, Make Up!"
The store manager blinked. "What the..."