Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Carrot ❯ The next Salad Scout! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chap. 4
The store manager blinked. "What the..." he looked Kazuma up and down. Then he burst out in a fit laughter.
"The great Kazuma Carrot is not something to laugh about!" Kazuma complained, then turned a light orange color as he remembered the hideous skirt he was wearing. "I really got to get Yukina-san to change my outfit." he thought to himself. "Oh, well...for now, I'll just have to live with it."
"Carrot Healing Escalation!" Kazuma shrieked in triumph.
The ice cream parlor man screamed in agony and clutched his head in pain. A giant carrot appeared on his forehead, then disappeared. The pain stopped and so did his screaming.
The man blinked. "Hey, thanks, Sailor Carrot, you're my hero!" he then wandered off.
Kazuma posed in a humorous way. "And another man saved by Sailor Carrot! Peace!" he did the old-fashioned peace sign at no one in particular.
* * *
Kazuma was busily explaining to Yukina about his victory when an unordinary shaped object was thrown at him. He sweatdropped, handing it to Yukina. "Uh...it's a banana?"
Yukina gulped. "Don't tell me that she didn't tell you about this, either..."
"She?"
"Boootaaaan-saaan~!" she stood up, hands on her hips.
"HAI?" Botan flew down on her oar, grinning sheepishly. "Was I late?"
The answer was the fruit thrown at her head. * * *
"NANI?!" Kazuma fell over as the ferry-girl told him about his arch rival whom he didn't know existed until then.
"Hai, hai, since you're a salad scout, and you're out to protect the world, you have to protect it from fruits, you idiot!" Yukina said, annoyed.
"Okay, so why do I have to protect the world in the first place?"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE THE LEGENDARY SAILOR CARROT!"
"Oh." Kazuma ran his hand through his carrot-colored hair. "Er, I forgot to ask this before, but am I the only salad scout out here?"
Botan shook her head. "There's five more out there..Sailor Cabbage, Sailor Tomato (*I know that a tomato isn't really a vegetable, but for entertainment purposes I will be saying that it is.*), Sailor Onion, Sailor Spud..and uh.."
"Sailor Carrot." Yukina sweatdropped. "There's FOUR more out there."
"Oh. Yeah." she said, embarrassed.
"How many fruit people are out there?" Kazuma asked, popping a carrot into his mouth.
"Not fruit people!" Yukina sighed in annoyance. "Botan-san, you didn't do a good job explaining to him, now, did you?"
"Gomen!" Botan put her hands together in a praying fashion and bowed her head.
"They come from the Negafruit..." Yukina explained. "There's a head fruit, his symbol is--"
"The banana?" Kazuma made a face and acted like a monkey for a few seconds, complete with sound effects. (Hey, he does look like one, doesn't he?)
The girls facefaulted.
"Well, anyways," Yukina said, getting back on topic, "You're right. We don't exactly know his identity yet, we just know that his symbol is a banana. His partner is the Kiwi."
Kazuma shrugged, "What am I supposed to do about them, anyways?"
"You, as Sailor Carrot, have the mission to defeat the Negafruit!"
"Oh." he popped another carrot into his mouth, then looked thoughtful for a second. "WAIT!"
"WHAT NOW?"
"How am I supposed to know who's in the Negafruit and who's not?"
Yukina fell over.
"Hey, it's that girl from before!" a familiar voice was heard, and Yusuke entered the room, hands in his pockets. He narrowed his eyes and pointed at Botan. "Who's she?" a slight smile played on his lips. "Sailor Carrot's girlfriend?"
"Hey, take that back!" Botan glared, then whacked him with her oar. "And it's not nice to point! I'm Botan." she added after she had hit him a few more times. "Are you the new salad scout?"
"NO!" he rubbed his head. "That hurt...as if I didn't get enough of this at school..." he muttered.
Yukina smiled slightly. "I think that Sailor Carrot does have five more scouts." she grabbed Yusuke's arm and pulled him into the other room. "We'll be right back!"
* * *
A few seconds later....
"H*** NO! I am NOT going out there in this gay looking costume!" Yusuke's voice was heard from the other room.
"I think it's cute." Yukina was saying.
The door opened, finally, and Yusuke was pushed out, wearing an almost identical sailor outfit as Kazuma, but without the carrot designs. The designs were of a different vegetable...
Yukina smiled and announced, "Sailor Broccoli!"