Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ New Home, New Pack ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters. Only Kakarot and Genkao.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Okay 5th chapter. Sorry for the late update. Had a hectic, damn time. Thanks Silkwing for reviewing! You'll find out! Now that Hiei has found out my secret, he has me on a short leash, literally. (points to Hiei who's holding onto a leash attached to a collar attached to my neck)
 
Hiei: That's right, onna. Wild wolves were trained into tame dogs and the same shall happen to you.
 
Me: I'm not the type of bitch who can be tamed so easily. (crosses arms)
 
Hiei: Want to bet? (holds up choke collar with spikes on the inside)
 
Me: Woof!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 5: New Home, New Pack
 
(In the Reikai)
 
Kakarot and Botan walked silently down the corridors that led to Koenma's office. Along the way, ogres and demons of all forms that worked for Enma and Koenma made way for the two, mostly out of fear of the criminal. After about five minutes of twisting and turning through corridors, they reached the prince's office. Botan knocked and Koenma summoned her in. Kakarot followed suit.
 
Upon walking in, Kakarot discovered her brother sitting in a chair in front of Koenma's desk next to two unidentified beings. Another sat in the window looking out to the Reikai. Kakarot took notice that one was an ugly-looking human with orange hair and black eyes, one was a punk-like hanyou with gelled back, black hair and chocolate brown eyes, and the other a warrior-postured, full youkai with black hair that defied gravity with a white starburst in it and had crimson-red eyes. She smelled that the one in the window had a scent halfway like her. `It's that Hiei person,' she thought. When she was done observing her captors, she saw that she was the center of attention.
 
“Take one of those ningen pictures. It will last longer,” she said darkly.
 
“ We already have one,” said Koenma (Me: Quick note. Koenma is always in his teenage form in this story.), “ but now it's time to discuss why you are here. By the way, you know Kurama of course, the one in the window is Hiei Jaganshi, the one with orange hair is Kuzuma Kuwabara, known as Kuwabara and the one with gelled-back black hair is Yusuke Urameshi.” He stopped to suck on his binky in thought.
 
At that moment Kuwabara rose from his seat, walked to Kakarot, grabbed her hand and said in his oh-so-manly voice, (Me: Yeah right.) “Pretty, fire-ice, wolf demoness, I Kuzuma Kuwabara shall make sure that your punishment is light but still fits your beautifully done crimes.” He bent down to kiss her hand. Kakarot took that opportunity to right punch him in the jaw. He was sent crashing in to wall. His eyes were @.@. Kakarot turned to the others.
 
“I'll give everyone my warning that if you touch me, you'll pay,” she threatened. Everyone minus Hiei and Kurama nodded vigorously.
 
“Kuwabara, you baka!” yelled Yusuke. “You need to stop doing that to every hot woman you meet!” He received a glare from Kakarot. “And what about Yukina?!”
 
“Dammit Urameshi! I was being polite to her. It's part of my code of honor as a man! Also, I love Yukina and wouldn't cheat on her ever!” Kuwabara ran towards Yusuke and balled up his fists. “You want to say otherwise?”
 
“As a matter of fact-“ Yusuke was cut off by Koenma.
 
“Ahem. Now. Kakarot. If you would please have a seat-“ He too was cut off except by Kakarot.
 
“I'd prefer standing and get this over with so I won't have to deal with your stupidity too long.”
 
“Kakarot, please,” pleaded Kurama. It was evident that Kurama was determined to make sure that Kakarot didn't push herself over the limit. He didn't care if it made him look weak or if anyone saw him.
 
“Shut it Kurama!” Kakarot barked. (Me: No pun intended.) “You're the reason that I'm here to begin with.” Kurama looked a little crestfallen but hid it. He hated the way she had turned cold. He pondered about what could have made her this way. Soon everyone settled down and focused on the issue at hand.
 
“Kakarot,” said Koenma, his full attention focused on her, “we already know that you know what you are here for, so let's get to the point. You have been charged with theft and slaughter. You have been known to steal countless legendary items and treasures and have killed without mercy. You've been wanted for several centuries, but have used your mystic powers and Dark Arts to conceal yourself. You've also been recorded to be an S+ class youkai. Your true origins are unknown, besides the recently revealed Kurama. The Reikai has just recently discovered you and this information, but do not know you're whole past. You're punishment has already been decided and we need the location of the artifacts you have stolen recently. So you have any comments or questions before we proceed?” Everyone was silent while this was going on. They were simply there to make sure she didn't escape and that she dealt with her sentence. Well, except Kurama. He wanted to know what is to happen to his younger sibling.
 
Kakarot stood unmoving and silent as Koenma said his speech. Her ears and tail didn't even twitch. Her eyes and face didn't betray her emotions. She was pissed that Koenma and his little posse of ruffians had discovered so much of the things that she had been trying to keep a secret, she was pissed that she had been caught so easily and she was pissed that her only family ratted her out even for the sake of good for her. They knew too much now but that didn't mean that she was going to go easy them no matter how much they knew or what they did to her.
 
“I don't know how you found out this information,” she said tensely, “ but I won't tell you where the artifacts are or submit to you. I've put them in a place that only I can get to. Even your Jaganshi can't penetrate my mind to find out where they are either. Give me my punishment so that I can get it over with.” Everyone was a little shocked from her nerve. Even Hiei was a bit surprised.
 
(Hiei's P.O.V.)
 
I don't know if this onna is incredibly brave or foolish. She has no regards to what her punishment may be. Her disposition shows no sign of weakness, unlike that idiotic detective and that baka. I believe the toddler for once about her power level. It's the exact same as ours. And I can't forget the fact that even when she was a human, I couldn't get into her mind. She must have learned her skills apart from Kurama to exceed to that level of skill. I sense a hidden power emitting from her essence but it seems familiar. Why? She seems not to care when the kitsune pleads with her. From what little information the kitsune has told about her, she was always open to him. Her past after her father's death must have caused it. Wait! Why do I care? She's just the kitsune's adopted sister with a criminal record and an attitude, which I'll admit, matches mine. Is it because she's half Forbidden Child? Do I feel a connection from our souls? GGRR!!
Screw this! Being in Hanyoukai has made me soft!
 
(End of Hiei's P.O.V.)
 
“Very well, Kakarot,” said Koenma. “ I have talked this over with my father, after he found out the artifacts were stolen, and he has decided that you're too powerful to be locked up in Reikai Jail, but you can't run free. So it has been decided…” He paused.
 
“Dammit Koenma!” shouted Yusuke. “Don't keep us in suspense! We need to know!”
 
“Alright! Alright!” Koenma raised his hands in defeat. “My father has decided that you, Kakarot, shall be a member of the Reikai Tentei and stay at the psychic Genkai's temple unless you are traveling with a member of the group. You will not kill unless in combat with an enemy and don't try to escape. Plus, since your ki is going to be monitored at all times, the artifacts can stay where you have hidden them. Understand?” Now everyone was definitely shocked. Kakarot was a member of the team and would stay at Genkai's with Genkai, Genkao, Toguro, and Yukina?
 
The dark look on Kakarot's face made the color black look white. “How long do I have to do this?” she asked barely controlling herself from ripping Enma's son's neck with her fangs.
 
“That has been undecided for now,” Koenma responded, “and you'll leave for Genkai's as soon as you leave.”
 
“Sweet!” exclaimed Yusuke running over to Kakarot and putting his arm around her shoulder. “Now that-“ Yusuke was once again cut off except this time due to a black- handled katana that was incredibly close to his neck. Kakarot had somehow hidden it and decided now was the time for it.
 
“I KNOW that I said that if you touched me, you'd pay.” Her voice was low, but clear to everyone. Everyone stood still for the concern that if they moved, Yusuke would this time be a permanent resident of the Reikai. Yusuke, needless to say, was a still as a statue. The blade at his neck dug into his skin, but not enough to draw blood. Kakarot's stance was completely relaxed but the hold on her katana was that of a killer that she was known as. A blue star-shape glow also emitted from Kakarot's bandana on her forehead and two blue stripes adorned each side of her eyes.* Kakarot's eyes bore into his with such intensity that it felt like the air around him was as cold as a blizzard, yet as hot as Hell. What startled Yusuke the most was that he noticed that her eyes had tints red in them and her pupils had a circle around each one with two curved water-droplet shapes on opposite sides of each ring.** There was lust in her eyes… lust for blood.
 
Kurama hesitantly stepped forward and yipped several times in the kitsune language. Slowly, and to everyone's surprise and Yusuke's delight, Kakarot slowly withdrew her katana from Yusuke's neck, then whirled around to face to Kurama. Her face scrawled up in absolute rage and she growled and barked to him in the wolf language with an angry voice. He in return yipped several more times all the while with a look of knowingness as his expression. This seemed to stun Kakarot, but she soon regained her normal posture and her added features disappeared. She sheathed her katana in a now present black sheath that lay in a belt on her waist. Everyone, besides Kurama and Kakarot, were too confused or shocked to make a sound.
 
Walking to the office door, Kakarot looked over her and said in an impassive tone, “Are we going to that psychic's temple or are we going to see whose breath can be held the longest?” Everyone, minus Koenma who was still in shock, walked passed Kakarot and led her to Genkai's temple.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
*Think the stripes like on Sesshoumaru's face from Inuyasha. Don't own.
 
**Think the Sharingan Eye of Susuke from Naruto plus the tint of red. Also don't own.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Okay. Another chapter done and Hiei has been kind enough to let me off my leash in return that he stays at my house for a long visit.
 
Hiei: Baka, onna. The reason I'm at your house is to make sure that you don't go fooling around with any other males. (doorbell rings)
 
Me: (walks to door) Now Hiei, what would give you an idea like that? (opens door)
0.0
 
Hiei: Who is it, onna? (walks to door) -_-`' (turns and glares at me) Who's he and what's he doing here?!
 
Me: Heh, heh. Hiei meet Seto Kaiba. Seto meet Hiei Jaganshi.
 
Seto: (ignores Hiei) Why didn't you call me last night like usual, Kakarot?
 
Me: (shifty eyes) Uh oh.
 
Hiei: You're in deep shit, onna.