Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Delayed Journey ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. I only own Kakarot and Genkao. One quick thing… I suck at fighting scenes. I also just wanted to let you know now that I may or may not use some of the characters that I mentioned in the first chapter.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Hiei: You have 10 seconds to explain what's going on, onna.
 
Me: Heh, heh. Well, a year ago I started dating Seto but then I met you so I sent Seto to an alternate dimension with my other self so I wouldn't REALLY have to choose. He must have fell through a portal.
 
Hiei: Then send him back or I'll slit his throat.
 
Me: Hiei! (receives a glare) Okay, okay. Sorry Seto-kun but you have to go back to your dimension. (gives him a kiss on the cheek and opens a portal for him)
 
Seto: I don't believe in this hocus pocus shit but whatever. (steps through portal and it closes)
 
Me: (put hands on hips) Happy now? Hiei? Hiei…?
 
Hiei: SETO-KUN?!
 
Me: Whoops.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 6: Delayed Journey
 
(In the forest close to Genkai's Temple)
 
The beginning of the journey to Genkai's temple was silent. Hiei darted from tree to tree while the others formed their own positions. Yusuke and Kuwabara led the way while Kurama stayed as close to Kakarot, who was at the end, without crowding her. Kurama was still lost in his thoughts worrying about his younger sister.
 
(Kurama's P.O.V.)
 
What could have happened to you, Kakarot? Did the loss of both me and your father at such a young age, plus your past before that, cause you to lose all sense of happiness you once knew? Did you have a harsh life living by yourself? Were you always by yourself and if not, whom did you stay with? Surely not someone who treated you kindly. That collar around your neck… It seems familiar from somewhere. Does it hold a clue to you past? Is there a way for me to break through the almost physical barrier that you have set around yourself? Can I find a way to communicate to you, if so, what? Surely you have not forgotten all the things your father and I have taught you. I look to you and see an older version of the pup I once knew but with the face of death. Your eyes don't hold the light they once had.
 
I can sense that you have had excessive training. The feel of you ki is unbelievable. It's not surprising that you have an aura resembling Hiei's. You both are Forbidden Children. I don't doubt if some of your powers and attacks are like his. Did part of your past cause you to be this strong? I know that you had to be in the Makai all of this time or I would have smelled your demonic scent. I also know for a fact that living in the Makai can be VERY dangerous. Did its conditions cause you to become stronger? What drove you on? Maybe… Wait. We're surrounded!
 
(End of Kurama's P.O.V.)
 
Everyone stopped in their tracks. The ki, and definitely the smell, of low-classed demons bordered all around them. Waiting for an attack, the Tentei watched suspiciously as at least 60 demons came from behind the trees and bushes. All types of demons had come to challenge the Tentei and they all looked anxious.
 
One brave, or stupid, demon came forth and said, “ Reikai Tentei, we have come together to kill you. Once that is done, no one will stop us from taking control of the Reikai, Makai and Hanyoukai.” He got a whiff of Kakarot's scent and said with a grin, “Not only that but will take that bitch with us for some fun.”
 
Kurama face got hard and his eyes had gold flicks in them. With a rough voice, he said, “Get near my sister and you'll have a long and painful end.”
 
“Kurama!” yelled Kakarot. “Tend to your own affairs. I'm not a newborn pup and I don't need you for protection. And as for you,” She turned to the demon that had wanted her for her for her sick pleasures, “You will pay with your life for that with remark.” She reached in into her pocket and pulled out three seeds. Using her spirit energy, she manipulated the seeds into two roses, one black and one blue, and a small, silver vine. Once again using her energy, the roses and vine into a bow and arrow made up of the three colors mixed together. After quickly loading the arrow onto the bow, drawing back the bowstring and aiming at the demon, the arrow formed blue and white flames around it. When she released the arrow, no one could actually see where it went for sure until it pierced the demon in the heart and lit the demon on fire, turning it to mere ashes that blew away in the breeze.
 
Silence was the only thing heard but then the battle was on. All the demons attacked the Tentei at once and it was every fighter for their selves. Hiei boredly unsheathed his katana, not seeing fit to summon his Dragon of the Darkness Flame, and with pure swiftness, sliced his enemies from left to right with ease. He dodged all their feeble attempts to attack him and showed them a bit of mercy by killing them quickly. The weak youkai didn't even have enough time to cry out in pain while their lives ended and they fell to the ground on top of each other.
 
To the left of Hiei, Kuwabara had created his Spirit Sword and, with less momentum, was too cutting through his opponents with the occasional, unnoticeable cuts to his body. He waited until demons surrounded him and then did a 360 turn holding his Spirit Sword out cultivating his enemies while doing so. Yusuke was acting as though it was just a street fight in town running back and forth using his Shock Gun and fighting techniques on the unsuspecting demons. He would wait for a group to form then kill them all with his Spirit Wave.
 
Kurama had long ago brought out his Rose Whip and was slashing through the demons with such precise that it was like he was merely painting a portrait. He would sometimes wait for the demons to attack and use his Rose Thornwheel or would charge at them and use his Rose Whiplash. He, like any brother, was also keeping an eye for Kakarot to see how she was fairing. There was no need to worry. The sound of flesh ripping apart filled the air. Like Hiei, she had unsheathed her katana and balanced on her toes to disappear and reappear to and fro, chopping the youkai into tiny morsels. Every now and then, she would abandon the use of the katana and use the good, old, razor-sharp claws. Limbs and other body parts had practically no shred marks on them. The look in her eyes at the site of the goriness was that of a child who had just gotten candy. The glee in her sapphire orbs astonished Kurama a little but he knew that Kakarot always enjoyed her fights. Maybe fighting was the key to her heart, maybe not.
 
It wasn't long before the only ones left alive were Hiei, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and Kakarot. All the corpses were gruesomely covered in multicolored blood and body parts were scattered everywhere. Nobody had even broken a sweat, minus Kuwabara who had a few drops here and there. (Me: Okay, just wanted to say I'm not dishing Kuwabara… too much. And now, I'm going to shut up because they (points to rabid fangirls) look like they're going to bite off my head and I haven't had my anti-rabies shot yet. Hiei: THEY'RE going to need the rabie shots after YOU bite their heads off. Me: I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult.) Everyone lowered their ki and put away their weapons.
 
“Woo, wee. Now THAT was a small warm-up!” exclaimed Yusuke.
 
“If you had to use that much Spirit energy on those pathetic beings, I'd hate to see you in a fight,” grumbled Kakarot.
 
“Hey! I won the Dark Tournament, defeated Sensui and … didn't win the Makai tournament but two out of three is better than nothing,” said Yusuke as his comeback.
 
“Keh,” she replied. (Me: I had to do the Inuyasha thing. Don't own) ` Yeah. For a third-rate fighter and a first-rate idiot,' she thought. Things soon settled down and the journey to Genkai's temple was continued, leaving behind the remains of the demons as a sign of warning to all challengers.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Me: Sorry! I know it's short but I'm getting too far ahead of myself in my thoughts and am trying to fill in the details. Thanks for the review Silkwing! By the way, Hiei has currently cooled off and is asleep. (looks at Hiei sleeping peacefully while leaning up against me with his head in my lap) Kawaii!! Ja ne!