Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Arrival And A Word From The Koorime ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Kakarot and Genkao.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: I'm so sorry for not updating in such a long time!! Thanks Silkwing for reviewing! Sorry but I just haven't had the time to read stories, but I'll get to reading yours as soon as possible. English is a BITCH!! (Not the good one either!) Hey, Hiei! Got anything to say?
 
Hiei: (training with katana and ignoring me)
 
Me: Oh, well. Hey! One more thing to say… NO LEMONS. I cannot write a lemon though I have read from other stories what goes on but I'm not experienced, not going to be for a long time and my mom would kill me, but hey! What's wrong with daydreaming about all the cute, hot and sexy bishies of the AnimEEE?!?!?!?! HIEI!!!!! WATCH WHERE YOU POINT THAT THING AND YOU'RE ONE OF THE BEST!!!! HIEI!!!!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 7: Arrival And A Word From The Koorime
 
(Still in the forest)
 
After another hour of walking, the gang reached the stairs to the temple. As they started climbing, Kakarot's mild curiosity got the best of her and she began to observe her new home. Of course, there was the forest surrounding it and a wide field for training. Rocks were strewn in various places. In the distance, she could smell and hear a waterfall. The sounds of animals roaming and hunting made the air seem a bit calmer. The wind blew giving off a sense of peace.
 
`Just like home,' she thought. `Wait. That's just foolish nonsense.' She soon shook these thoughts from her head and looked to their destination. The temple itself looked fairly old but in good condition. She could already feel the aura of several beings inside. One demonic and three ningen. As they climbed further up, she noticed that Kuwabara was getting more and more anxious.
 
`Baka ningen.' Everyone else was silent and their faces neutral. Glancing back to the temple she was a bit surprised to find that they were at the top. Kurama stepped forward and knocked on the temple door. After about a moment, a female opened the door and smiled gently. She had light aqua-green hair held up in a red ribbon and wore a matching aqua-green kimono. A Koorime. Kakarot took notice that she had the same crimson eyes as Hiei except larger and happy and that her scent was the same as Hiei's.
 
`Probably twins,' she thought. Kuwabara ran past and swept the girl in his arms, hugged her, set her down and started talking incoherently to her. She just smiled and nodded every now and then. It didn't go unnoticed that Hiei had a dark look in his eyes. She thought this funny and opened a link to Hiei's mind.
 
`What's the matter Jaganshi? Don't like a ningen close to your twin?'
 
Hiei looked to her in shock, then a the dark look came again and he thought back,' How did you know that she was my sister?'
 
`Baka. It's simple to tell. She has your eye color and scent.' This response caused Hiei to look a bit uncomfortable.
 
`Keh. I get it now. She doesn't know. Hn, don't worry about me telling her. I don't find pleasure in torturing pure hearts.' Hiei's face relaxed but in his mind, he got a little curious though didn't say or do anything. Kakarot closed the link and turned toward Kurama when he started speaking.
 
“Kakarot, this is Yukina. She is a good friend and stays here with Genkai. Yukina, this is Kakarot, my long-lost sister.” The newly named Yukina walked over to Kakarot with a smile and made a small bow.
 
“It's nice to meet you.” Her voice was smooth and soft. “Koenma called and said you would be staying here. We've got your room ready with a few pairs of clothes but we'll need to go shopping for some more and you're more than welcome to ask of anything you need.”
 
“Keh.” was her reply as she shifted her head any direction but of the one who just met her but treated her like a long-lost friend. Yukina giggled and everyone else minus Hiei grinned. Yukina's irresistible sweet nature was already taking over.
 
“Come on,” Yukina urged. “Genkai, Genkao, and Toguro are inside.” Everyone followed her into a training room. The room was filled with training weights, weapons and towels in various places. A short old woman with faded pink hair and brown eyes, wearing a white shirt and pants with a red vest-like covering that was outlined in green and reached down to her knees, was meditating in the furthest left corner on a mat with her eyes closed. A young short woman with brown eyes bright pink hair made in a braid, wearing a similar outfit to the old woman and looking like her, was sparring with a tall man with black hair and black eyes wearing a black gi.
 
The whole room was filled with sweat and spirit energy as the old woman was concentrating, filling her whole being with incredible power and as the young man and woman fought. The young man threw a punch to the young woman but she swiftly dodged and did a full turn aiming to kick the man in the face. He blocked with his left hand and right undercut the woman. She was thrown back but quickly ran towards him and flipped over him. She ducked and punched him in his back. He arched back but then turned around and kicked the woman in the stomach. She was knocked into the wall but didn't get up. Instead her attention turned toward the rest of the gang at the door. The man did the same and the old woman dropped her energy and opened her eyes.
 
“Sorry to disturb your training,” Yukina apologized, “but the gang is back and have brought our guest.” The three new people walked over to the group and looked at Kakarot with a stern but welcoming expressions.
 
“Welcome to my temple,” said the old woman in a sort of raspy but soft voice. Her eyes showed the experience of a true warrior that had went through many things and had gained much wisdom. Pointing to the ones next to her, she said, “I am Genkai. This girl who looks like me is my granddaughter Genkao and the young man is Toguro.” Looking to the two, Kakarot deemed them to be warriors that too had had experience but were still well on their way to learning as much wisdom. It was strange to Kakarot to see so many humans with potential that of a demon. There was much to learn about this particular group and Kakarot must observe them without being noticed or people would suspect that she had taken a liking to them.
 
“We hope you enjoy yourself here,” greeted Genkao and Toguro in unison. It was apparent that the two had a thing going on and were proud to show it to others. Kakarot just couldn't figure out how people could be so friendly to someone they had just met.
 
`Maybe if a werewolf walked into the door, they'd give it hug and say, “Eat us.”
 
`Most unlikely,' came the now annoying voice of Kurama.
 
`How long have you been in here?'
 
`Just as you thought that, but I was going to say thanks for taking everything so well.'
 
`Taking everything so well?! I'm just doing this until I can find a way out of here without you and the Reikai trailing me like hound dogs.' Kurama didn't say anything after that.
 
“Now that introductions are over, there a few things that you should know Kakarot,” Genkai said with a look that said listen-to-me-or-you'll-be-sorry. Everyone waited for her to announce her regulations. “Koenma has already told me all the rules that have been set for you and I expect you to follow them.”
 
“And if I don't?”
 
“Then, I'll use extreme force. I know how to get to the core of one's fears and secrets.”
 
“Keh. Just show me where I'm to sleep tonight and I won't have to listen to your meaningless lectures old woman.”
 
“Ha!” shouted Yusuke. “I'm not the only with a problem with the old hag!”
 
“The only problem in this room at the moment is your mouth, dimwit,” said Genkai. “Now a hundred laps around the temple in a hour or I'll double it!”
 
“WHAT!!! No one can run that fast!
 
`Want to bet?' thought Hiei and Kakarot at the same time.
 
“THEN I GUESS YOU HAD BETTER GET MOVING!!” Yusuke was out the door before that dust had a chance to rise.
 
“Come on Kakarot” Yukina's sweet voice entered the awkwardly silent room. “I'll take you to your room. It's late and you need your rest.” She grabbed Kakarot's sleeve and gently pulled her out of the room. Everyone minus Hiei and Genkai said their good-byes to her and left the training room going their separate ways. Kurama flashed her a smile and a nod of approval as he left. Yukina walked right beside Kakarot through the temple explaining where everything was. Kakarot walked on silently, memorizing the directions and thinking what was to come of her in the future there. Finally, Yukina led her to a hall where there were many rooms. Yukina pointed out the rooms where everyone slept when they stayed over, also mentioning that she would meet the others soon.
 
“This is your room,” she said. She opened the door at the far end of the hall and allowed Kakarot inside first. Kakarot had to admit she did like the room. The walls and ceiling were blue and the curtains were silver. The carpet was pure black, black as night. There was a blue table near the window and a black dresser near the bed. A silver closet was slightly opened with what looked like a few matching shirts and pants. The bed itself was gorgeous with a black comforter, blue sheets and silver pillows. Not to mention there was a picture of a silver wolf howling at a full moon imprinted onto the comforter. Kakarot had no doubt that Kurama had told them her favorite colors and symbol.
 
“Do you like it?”
 
“It's satisfactory”
 
“I'm glad. I'll leave now so that you may sleep. Good-night.” She walked out and started to close the door.
 
“Keh. Night.”
 
“Oh, one more thing,” Yukina said as she peered back into the room.
 
“What?”
 
“Never hesitate to ask of anything, especially if you have a problem and need help.
 
“I need help from no one.”
 
“I kind of figured that, but I'm just saying. You're only judged by your heart here. Not you attitude or actions. Good-night.” And with that she closed the door leaving a confused Kakarot to gaze in confusion.
 
“Only judged by my heart?”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: I hoped you guys liked that.
 
Hiei: (glares) I'm still mad about earlier.
 
Me: WHAT?! I can't help that I have a fetish with bishounen.
 
Hiei: Then maybe I can remedy that.
 
Me: What?
 
Hiei: (grabs me and pulls me in a rough, but passionate kiss)
 
Me: (gasping for breath) @_@ I've been kissed by a hot and sexy devil!
 
Hiei: Demon.