Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Thoughts Of The Wolf ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Kakarot and Genkao.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Hello again! Starting another chappie though having a bit of writer's block. So many ideas though not sure which to choose. I guess go with the flow, huh? Should I really continue with the story or just let it go? Hiei's not here at the moment. He's terrorizing little kids for sweet snow. (hears little screams in the background) See?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 8: Thoughts Of The Wolf.
 
(Genkai's temple, Kakarot's P.O.V)
 
Boom. Flash. Pitter. Patter. I watched idly from the window in the living room as the rain hit the temple in large and small droplets, rapidly cascading down the sides. Animals hid away in dry dens and tree hollows from the fury of weather. The air was very moist and the clouds were a dreary gray, matching my mood. Such a strange morning so far.
 
Flashback
 
It was the very next day after I arrived. I had taken to sleeping in the window, the pale moon giving off the only light in the night as my head laid lazily against my shoulder and the window. As the morning sun approached, I awoke confused. My blue flared, silver ears and tail twitched in unease to the unfamiliar surroundings. I lifted my eyes but they widened in disbelief of where I was. A room. Not a tree in the forest, a room. What the hell? It soon came back to me. Pacifier Breath, Kurama, Genkai's temple, prisoner. That`s what it felt like. What was to become of me in this kamiforsaken temple? I was rather curious, though I wouldn't admit it to anyone, about life outside of the Makai, and Kurama. In my eyes, he was both an emotional fool and yet the same fox that I had known as a pup. I for one am not fooled. That glint of gold in his eyes as he vainly tries to `find the old Kakarot inside of me' over and over again. Such insolence. He'll learn soon enough that she is gone. The others will learn to stay out of my way or else.
 
They too are odd. From what I've heard of them, being the `great protectors, the Reikai Tentei,' I expected more of warrior looks for them. They're all a bunch of bakas. No regards to danger unless it's right in front of them.
 
The hanyou, Yusuke, I believe, has an attitude of a wanna-be punk, yet it's quite evident that he would be a worthy opponent, being the descendant of the almighty Raizen and all. I have yet to prove this to its extent. His emotions-on-his-shoulders strategy may prove to benefit him with other opponents but it'll prove as his weakness around me. His eyes and hot head give away all his secrets so even with his determination to beat his opponents to save the ones he loves will prove useless. But I'll give him credits for the stories I've heard about him getting this far in life, dieing twice but still going at it. It's also unnerving, that sense of perverted dumbass radiating from him. I better be on my guard of him.
 
The baka, Kuwabara, preferably Kuwabaka, is slightly abnormal for human standards but I won't give him too much credit. He's a love sick, ugly, highly spirited, baka living on borrowed time. He's like his friend, emotions, emotions, and emotions, except worse. The belief of friendship and love is nothing but mythology. Skills, speed, strength and power, is what gets one through life's obstacles. Maybe the baka will learn before his pathetic ningen life ends.
 
Back to Kurama. He has astounded me, though he won't find that out. The mere fact that he has changed so much both pleases and sickens me. I can see by his eyes when they flick gold and the story he told me that he had an interesting past. The once playful kitsune turned from a happy kit to an unmerciful bandit to a reincarnated human that dwells on his precious friends and his new family. What betrayal! I understand the fact of the loneliness he would present after the loss of me and …father, but that doesn't erase the fact the he traded in his demon family for a human family. That is unforgivable and I won't let it subside. He'll learn that the lost trust of a wolf is not easily regained. I have to confess that I do sense incredible new powers within him that wasn't reachable to him at his young age. That's probably one of the few qualities that I now approve of him.
 
Now to the one who actually seems to be worthy of my attention. Hiei Jaganshi, the second Forbidden Child, master of the Dragon of the Darkness Flame, and Mukuro's right hand man, not to mention the Koorime Yukina's unknown twin. I have yet to discover anything personally for myself. I've only heard tales and rumors of this savage warrior like the others. We have much in common but we'll see which Forbidden One rules. His silent and concrete disposition just sends deadly out everywhere. He's skilled on many techniques like I and has much speed, as do I. Don't get me wrong, I have no, what's the ningen word? compassion for the likes of him. Keh. The word is foreign to me as are other feelings as such. It'll be interesting how the likes of him and me will get to be. Hopefully a challenge shall emerge between us. That'll be a great battle. His known techniques versus my unknown. Half fire, half Koorime versus one-fourth fire, one-fourth Koorime and half Sacred Silver Wolf.
 
As for the other, they're just stand-ins, as are the ones I have yet to meet. Binky Boy, an idiot. The ferry woman, Botan, a ditz. The two human, pink haired women and their male friend, just the keepers of this temple that have wisdom and a sizeable amount of reiki, nobodies of true importance.
 
Yukina… the twin of the Jaganshi with the spirit and purity of a child. Such a demon is very rare. When she pulled on my sleeve to aid me to my room, I didn't have the desire to pull roughly away like I would do most. Something just said innocence…
 
Wait just a damn moment. I put my right hand to my head in an effort to dull the headache I was gaining. Where the fuck did all of these unwanted thoughts and observations come from? Dammit, must be the side effects from being human. I hate that form. It's too weak and emotional. Stupid curse. The after effects will pass soon, hopefully. At least I had my revenge for it all those centuries ago… Knock. Knock. Two soft taps beat against my door, asking for a reply.
 
“Kakarot? Are you awake?” My nose and ears identified the individual to be Yukina.
 
“Keh. Nani?” I said in a monetone voice.
 
“May I come in?”
 
“Whatever.” The door opened slightly with a small creak she entered. I kept my attention to the outside world. Dark and gloomy. Just how I liked it.
 
“Are you hungry?”
 
“Wolves don't have to eat everyday. Our bodies are created to go several weeks without nourishment.”
 
“If I may ask, when was the last time you ate?” I turned my face towards her considering whether to reply or not. My decision was quick.
 
“Not that's it's any of your concern, but eight days ago.” A sharp gasp came from her.
 
“That's too long. You need food in your system before you go to waste.” She scampered to my side grasping my forearm in an attempt to pull me with her. It didn't work out so well. I remained fastened to my spot.
 
“Did you not hear what I said?” I snarled with annoyance. Her grasp on my arm loosened and her head tilted downward. A salty smell filled the air. Oh, no. Not tears. I can't stand seeing anyone cry. It brings back unwelcomed memories.
 
“Yukina?” I asked uncertainly. Just great. More emotions. I thought I'd freed myself of them a long time ago. . I reached out to touch her shoulder. Her head remained in its fixed position. I gave up.
 
“Fine. I'll go eat. Just stop crying.” The salty scent soon detached as her head lifted. Her eyes held such brightness that it put all the stars to shame. She reached out and tenderly took hold of hold of my hand, much to my astonishment that she had taken to my presence as she would any of her own after such a short period of time. I flinched as I would to anyone else. The feeling of touch to another was not well known as I was uncomfortable with it, but despite the feeling, I didn't jerk my hand away. Instead I let her lead me to the kitchen where she made me a rather delicious ningen meal of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and apple juice. She told me their names. Maybe her being here will discharge some lonesomeness I'd gain over the centuries. Maybe this was good. Or maybe this was bad.
 
Stupid emotions.
 
End of flashback
 
So now I sit here in this window wondering why the sudden plague of feelings that had recently released. One thing's for sure. Regardless of the earlier event with the Koorime…
 
…no one else shall know.
(End of Kakarot's P.O.V)
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Yeah, yeah. Unimportant, stupid chapter. Just a filler, but hey! It gives a portional insight of Kakarot's mind. (glances at Hiei, turns around, then whirls around to face Hiei) Hiei? Why are you looking at me like that?
 
Hiei: (looks at me huskily) You're mine only. My onna. My bitch.
 
Me:0_0