Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ A Day With The Other Females And Hiei's Warning ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Kakarot and Genkao.
 
 
Me: IMPORTANT!!!! Ignore what is being said below about the reviews! They're from Fanfiction! I stupidly erased the one for Mediaminer!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Okay, another chapter. I'm kind of getting to where I want to be. Getting new ideas everyday. Hiei? Don't tell me you're in heat.
 
Hiei: (whispers huskily) Okay. I won't.
 
Me: (backs off) Now. Now. This is rated PG13. Not R.
 
Hiei: Who said anyone had to know?
 
Me: (waves to the readers) Bye! (runs off with Hiei) (runs back) Hey everyone! Thanks for the reviews! I didn't forget you Animefangirl11. Thanks for the compliment and I would like that room also! BluFoxPhantom, how is Hiei your brother and remind me to never let you be around sweet snow and a keyboard! (lmao) (runs back off with Hiei)
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 9: A Day With The Other Females And Hiei's Warning
 
(Later that day)
 
Finally the rain stopped. It had been going on all morning, thundering, lightning, giving water to the earth. Not that Kakarot minded. It was soothing to her. The rain washed away all feeling, thoughts, and cares. With her arm propped up on her leg as she looked out the window of the living room windowsill, Kakarot relaxed forgetting everyone's presence, though they were spread out throughout the temple. Genkai was meditating in her room, Genkao and Toguro were training in the forest, and Yukina was tending to a wounded bird that had been knocked into the window when the storm had blown through. Everyone else was at their respective homes.
 
`Finally, some peace and quiet,' thought Kakarot, but as everyone knows, good things always comes to an end. No sooner had she sighed in a contentment that had been so foreign to her for so long, then the door swung open and in popped Botan and two other unknown females. Immediately, she bound right to Kakarot and got in her face.
 
“Hello, Kakarot! Nasty weather we had there for a while, huh?”
 
“Compared to seeing you, it was quite enjoyable,” the demi wolf demon grumbled. “Now get away from me or you'll end up back in the Reikai and won't be able to return.”
 
“Heh, heh,” Botan sweat dropped and back away quickly. “Anyway, I would like you to meet some friends of ours. This is Keiko and Shizuru,” the ferrywoman said cheerfully gesturing to her two companions that had arrived with her. The first was a few inches shorter that Kakarot and had a sweet smile and long, auburn hair. She wore a pink dress with a blue vest and brown loafers. Her coffee-brown eyes held delight at being there, but Kakarot could sense that she had a temper when provoked just right. The other, though, was tall and had a calm temperament about her. She had tannish-brown hair and russet-brown eyes (Me: I think). She wore a long, green skirt, a long-sleeved black shirt with a red handkerchief around her neck, and black shoes. Her scent was familiar and slightly unwanted.
 
`It's the baka's sister,' Kakarot thought nonchalantly.
 
“Keiko is Yusuke's girlfriend and Shizuru is Kuwabara's older sister,” explained Botan as though it was the most complicated thing in the world.
 
“Hn.”
 
“Well, it seems we have another Hiei on our hands,” said the one known as Shizuru smiling.
 
“Don't compare me to others, foolish ningen, or your precious mortal life will end faster than it was destined to be.” Kakarot was getting a little agitated now and that was not good.
 
“Whatever, Sweetheart,” Shizuru said as she lit a cigarette.
 
`Sweetheart? What the fuck?` Kakarot was about the find out with her claws what made the ningen think she had the right to call her whatever she liked when-
 
“Oh, what a pleasant surprise,” said Yukina walking into the room with a small sparrow in her hands fully healed and full of life. “I wasn't expecting guests or I would have put on some tea.”
 
“Well Botan came over and said we had a new member and we decided to come right after the storm blew out,” replied Keiko.
 
“Yeah,” said Shizuru as she blew out she a puff of smoke that made Kakarot's nose twitch in agitation. “She said that the new chick wasn't accustomed to humans or their ways so we thought it would be cool if we went to the mall, showed her around and got her some new clothes.” This caught Kakarot's full attention.
 
“That's a wonderful idea everyone!” said Yukina checking the little bird over once more and smiling.
 
“After that, maybe we'd-“ Botan was saying before she was interrupted.
 
“Did any of you care to question me about this little `tour' around the Hanyoukai or am I expected to obey your every command?” Kakarot rose from the windowsill with a heated expression on her face. No one was going to make her go anywhere she didn't want to without a fight.
 
“We thought-“ Botan tried to explain waving her hands in front of her nervously and backing away slowly.
 
“That's right, ferrywoman. You thought I would submit to whatever you said whenever you said.” By this time, Kakarot's eyes were turning red and two small stripes were appearing on each side of her face. “But you thought wrong.”
 
“But-“
 
“No buts.” Kakarot's voice was low and threatening.
 
“Please Kakarot.” Yukina's voice disrupted her thoughts of turning the ferrywoman into mincemeat. Kakarot turned back to normal as she turned toward the Koorime as she walked towards Kakarot still holding her tiny patient closely. “I didn't think I would enjoy all the strange things the humans made until the others showed me how wonderful it could be. Could you come with us and look around? If you don't like it, we can come straight back.”
 
It was like the Ice Maiden was reading her mind. Sure she hated the fact that they all thought she'd eagerly join them, but that wasn't her main issue. She had grown accustomed to living in the woods or rough areas. She had no knowledge of the contraptions the humans had and the idea of being pushed into such an alien place unnerved her to no end. And if she were startled by something, (startled, not frightened) she wouldn't be able to attack unless she wanted to listen to the Toddler raise cane to her. She didn't.
 
Everyone waited silently for Kakarot to make her decision. Yukina walked to the window and smiled as the bird flew away while the others stood with hopeful faces. After some consideration, Kakarot said, “ Fine, but if the ditz annoys me anymore, her neck is mine.”
 
“Thank you so much Kakarot!” Yukina squealed as she grabbed Kakarot pulling her into a hug and making her flinch and stiffen uncomfortably.
 
“Yukina-“ she started.
 
Yukina let go quickly and smiled innocently. “I'm sorry.”
 
Kakarot nodded her reply and relaxed her muscles. It was decided. They would go to the mall, shop and show Kakarot around, getting her familiar with her new home world. The trip didn't disobey Koenma's regulations, because Botan went on many missions with the Reikai Tentei so she was considered one of them. Yukina went to ask the others if they wanted to come or needed anything but they refused. Off to the mall they went after Botan made a seriously stupid remark.
 
“Was she calling me the ditz?” -_-
 
(At the mall)
 
About an hour later, Yukina, Botan, Keiko, Shizuru, and an irate Kakarot arrived at the Sarayashiki Mall. Kakarot absolutely disliked the idea of riding in `an animal that was made of metal and didn't breath or feel,' so she ran along the side of Shizuru's red mustang and kept up with it the entire time, not tiring out one bit. Once the others got out of the car, the journey immediately began. Shizuru went her own way, promising to meet them later, because she was meeting Sakyo at a restaurant nearby. Kakarot was soon pulled into many stores but not to buy her own clothes after they learned a little trick she had.
 
Flashback
 
As they went to into a store called Hot Topic, (Me: Don't own) the three girls started looking at clothes that would `look great' on Kakarot, much to her displeasure.
 
“STOP!” Kakarot shouted catching the attention of everyone in the store who soon turned away quickly when she glared daggers at them. Turning back towards the others, she said, “I have no need to buy clothes.”
 
“But Kakarot-“ protested Yukina who knew that that she had very few possessions to call her own.
 
Sigh. “Just watch,” Kakarot said looking at a shirt that was on the rack. It was black with red flames covering it. Much to everyone's surprise, Kakarot's original shirt transformed into that very same shirt, minus the price tag and size label. Then, she changed her shirt back.
 
“Wow,” was the reply of the other three girls.
 
End of flashback
 
So now the girls were showing the demi wolf what the Hanyoukai was made of while they walked from store to store. Despite Kakarot's earlier resentment of going there, all the sights, sounds and smells mesmerized her. She kept silent about it as she walked a bit behind the others with her arms crossed, but the others saw how she turned toward every new thing and sniffed about. From experience, Yukina understood that it was natural for a youkai that was used to the untamed environment to want to know as much as possible about how humans depended on the things they built instead of what nature gave them.
 
What made everyone truly smile was when they passed a local pet store. There were puppies up for sale in the window and they started barking and wagging their tails as the girls passed by. Kakarot stopped and walked up to the window, staring intently as the pups started whining and climbing the window to get closer to her. Kakarot bent down a little and started growling softly at them. They immediately stopped whining and climbing on the window, but kept wagging their tails. Kakarot walked by the girls without saying a word and they didn't say anything to her. Not even Botan tried to put in a comment.
 
Of course, being such a powerful youkai didn't go unnoticed by other youkai and hanyous. Some would back away or the ones with offspring would stand in front of them and watch wearily. A few males would look at with hope of attracting her to them, but with a little rise of her ki made them stay a distance. She didn't pay much attention, because they were mostly lower F class. The humans either didn't pay much attention or looked in awe at her, because of how stunning she looked. A youkai with silver fur and blue flames had never been seen before in the Hanyoukai and they didn't want to pass of the opportunity to witness the sight. Not to mention that Kakarot herself was very attractive to all males.
 
After three hours of walking from store to store and buying things here and there, the four girls grabbed some hamburgers and fries, which Kakarot enjoyed a lot, met up with Shizuru, and headed back to the temple with Kakarot running beside the car again. Shizuru dropped Yukina off and left to take the others home. Botan left to the Reikai on her oar. Yukina and Kakarot walked up the stairs and entered the temple.
 
Once Yukina finished putting up some new kimonos she bought, she went off to the kitchen to fix Genkai, Genkao, and Toguro their lunch. Kakarot decided to head back to her room, but on the way she was stopped by an angry Jaganshi with his sword drawn.
 
“What do you want?” Kakarot said irritably.
 
“You made my sister cry,” Hiei growled menacingly.
 
“It wasn't intentional”
 
“Hn. Nonetheless, if you make her cry again, your life will end by me.”
 
“Keh. I await the day of your challenge, but for a different reason. I'd like it to be a battle of power and skill. Your twin won't shed anymore Hiruiseki gems on my account. I give you my word on that which is a rare thing for me to do, but I'll hold up to it.” Unbeknown to both, a test was made. A test of respect. If Kakarot kept her word, Hiei would respect her to a point, but no further.
 
“Hn.” Hiei sheathed his sword and, with a black blur, was gone.
 
“Baka,” Kakarot murmured as she continued her trek back to her room.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Me: Whew! Another chapter down. Hoped you like the extra length. Call it a small, late Valentine's present to all of my readers.
 
Hiei: Hn. Baka onna. Wait. What's Valentine?
 
Me: -_-