Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Nightmare, Bribery, And A New Danger? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Kakarot and Genkao.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Me: Whoa! It's been forever since I've updated! I'm so sorry! I've had SO MUCH TO DO that it's not even funny. Okay! Review time!
 
Spork111: Arigatou and yeah!
 
CoyoteKitsune: Great and yeah, I do too but Kakarot is just a special name to me. Oh, and about the beginning/ending…I'm usually sugar high by that time. (smirks)
 
White-Youko: Arigatou and don't worry. I will.
 
YoukoMana: Okay. Whatever floats your boat and flips your cookie. I'm going to get a brownie now.
 
Animefangirl11: Cool!
 
leaderoftheanimelegion: If you do read this story, I appreciate your devotion to Kenshin, but it's just an A.K.A. name. Did you write anything else, because I didn't read the rest, because IT'S MY BLOODY DAMN STORY AND I'LL DO WHAT THE HELL I WANT!!
 
King Uncle Kenny The 13th: Thanks for reviewing 3 times in a row and for the compliments! Sorry about your disturbed thoughts. Once again, I'm sugar high at those times and have no rational sense of mind.
 
Me: (looks at Hiei) Hiei! You need to be…have…0.0 Hiei? Why are wearing that? (points to the black collar with silver spikes, a skin-tight, short-sleeved, black, leather shirt with matching pants, and combat boots he's wearing)
 
Hiei: I went by one of those ningen gothic stores and decided to try these. What do you think?
 
Me: (outside: drooling) (inside: SSEEXXYY!!!)
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Chapter 10: Nightmare, Bribery, And A New Danger?
 
(In a dream)
 
Pain. It filled her like death. Blood. It lay in a puddle like a red sea around her. Screams. They emitted from her like that of a banshee.
 
CRACK!!!
 
Chains attached to the neck, arms, and legs of the small girl rattled as she arched backward as the whip came down again with brute force. As much as she shrieked for help, no one helped her. The figures outside of her warded, metal prison just stood around laughing as though it was a comedy. Blood gushed out of her numerous wounds and painted the walls and floor as the whip and punches came down harder than ever. There was nothing to do but wait for the striker to be finished with all of his tortures on the outside of her body, then endure his on sick, horrendous `pleasures' on the inside of her. The pain would last for days afterward as for every time she regained an ounce of strength, he would return to inflict more agony upon her. His insane laughter tormented her very soul every time. With every morsel of his strength, he hit her with a lash that made her cry out so loud it could be heard for miles around.
 
“AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
(Out of the dream)
 
“AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed, thrashing wildly around in her bed, trying desperately to escape from the illusory pain.
 
“Wake up! Wake up! Right now!” A voice called to her. She felt hands shaking her roughly as she returned to the world of the awakened. She jumped up startled, her eyes wide from shock but before she could get a good look at who woke her up, she instantly fell back into a dreamless sleep, too exhausted from the horrifying dream of a past she had so desperately tried to erase from her mind.
 
(Later)
 
“Kakarot. Kakarot, wake up,” came a soft voice as it shook her gently. Waking up, she recognized the voice almost immediately, and chose to ignore her kitsune brother. She opened her eyes to look out the window, but the sun's rays caused her to flinch and close her keen eyes tightly. Kurama's eyes didn't miss the movement.
 
“Kakarot, I know you're awake now and I think it's time for a talk,” he said. No answer. He reached over her and got close to her ears. His breath caused them to twitch. “Kakarot!”
 
“Dammit, Kurama!” she yelled covering her ears because of the throbbing the loud tone had left. “I thought you to be intelligent. Most of the time when people don't answer, that usually means they want to be left alone,” she said bitterly rising slowly and facing her brother who was sitting on the edge of her bed looking at her with a calm but sly expression. “And don't you know males shouldn't be in a female's rooms without their consent. Last time I checked, I didn't grant anyone that permit.
 
“You're my little sister,” he said becoming serious. “As your older brother, I have the right to check up on you whenever I want to make sure you're okay. Besides, this is important. Get out of bed, refresh yourself, get something to eat, and we'll go for a walk in the forest,” he said cheerfully reaching over to touch Kakarot's arm, but she knocked it away hastily.
 
“We were a pup and kit when we created our sibling bond,” she said glaring at him out of the corner of her eyes. “Long centuries have past and we couldn't be more different than ever. I'm older and, thus, you have absolutely no right to any matter whatsoever that concerns me. Also, there is positively nothing of your importance that interests me and I don't obey anyone. I'm not a common dog,” she replied defiantly.
 
Looking at Kakarot tenderly, Kurama replied, “I could never compare you to a common dog. Yes, we were young, but a bond such of the one we shared can never be broken, my sister. It can be bent, though, so all that is needed to be done is to straighten it out. It is also true that you are grown up, but I made a promise to Father to protect you-“
 
“Yeah, well you sure didn't do a very good job,” Kakarot said harshly, but so quietly that Kurama almost missed what she said, but decided to act like he did. He made a mental note to keep that fresh in his mind in case she let something else slip. It seemed that his little sister had a misguided grudge on him and he was concerned why.
 
“What?”
 
“Keh. Nothing, baka.” She acted as though nothing was ever said. Pulling the covers off of her and getting out of bed, she said,” Let's go on that damn walk of yours. Know that I'm going for the walk and you're following me.”
 
“Of, cour-“ Kurama's reply was cut off by a beeping noise from within his pocket. He reached in and pulled out a pink compact. Opening it up, an image of Botan appeared.
 
“Kurama! You need to go to the Reikai!” Botan exclaimed. “ Koenma has a mission for you. You also need to bring Kakarot and Hiei with you!”
 
“Kakarot is here with me and Hiei shouldn't be too far off. What's wrong?”
 
“There's no time to explain. Just come to the Reikai and Lord Koenma will explain what's going on,” she said hurriedly.
 
“Very well. We're on our way,” and with that done and said he put the communication device back into his pocket and turned towards Kakarot who had a bored expression on her face.
 
“And the imbecile thinks I'm going to go because…”
 
“Whatever it is, it must be very urgent or Koenma wouldn't have summoned us to the Reikai. He would have come here himself.”
 
“Your point?” It was apparent that the demi wolf youkai wasn't going anywhere without a motivating reason.
 
“Please Kakarot. Let's just go and see what is the matter. A new evil force might be forming to take over the Three Worlds.”
 
“That's not my problem. If they want a piece of me, they can come and get me. Besides, I'm not going to be the toddler's lackey. I thought I emphasized that up in the Reikai last time,” she said coolly.
 
“Don't tell me that you're afraid,” came a calmly sarcastic voice from the tree outside Kakarot's window. On one of the branches was Hiei looking in at the two bickering figures.
 
Turning towards him, Kakarot sneered, “Keh. You must be the one who's scared if you're waiting on the baka kitsune. Afraid to go see a baby alone?”
 
“Why you-“ If there were two things Hiei hated the most, it was one, to be called scared and two, to be said to be dependent on someone. He reached for his katana at his waist and Kakarot reached for hers next to her pillow. Before they could draw them, Kurama got between the bed and the window as an obstacle between the two powerful Forbidden Children, which was being very brave.
 
“You two can quarrel all you want when we finish the mission. At the moment, let's leave and see what is needed to be done.”
 
“Suit yourselves,” said Kakarot leaning back into her pillow with her eyes closed and her katana lying on her chest. “The sake of the Three Worlds is of no interest to me. Besides, all of you willingly decided to stay as members of the Save-The-Day Squad. I'm just waiting out my probation, which should be the only thing you should do and no more kitsune.” Turning towards Hiei, “ You too Red-Eyes.”
 
“Hn.”
 
It was time for Kurama to bring out a little of his Youko wit. After remembering Kakarot's sense of adventures and challenges, plus being around Hiei for so long, Kurama came to the conclusion that his sister will either have to be taunted or bribed. He chose the latter, because of her temper.
 
“All right, Kakarot. I have two prepositions for you if you go.”
 
Raising an eyelid and looking at him, she answered, “I'm listening, but I can't guarantee that I'll accept either.”
 
“Very well. One if you go, there's a strong chance you could possibly test your power and push your limits.”
 
“I could easily attack you and you would either defend yourself for your life or die by me. That could easily test my limits, because you gave a few new tricks up your sleeves that I'm more than willing to discover.” she said.
 
It was time for a little more bribery. Deciding to ignore her threat, he continued, “Uh hum. Second, if you go, I'll convince Koenma to withdraw some of your regulations.”
 
Now she was interested. Maybe she wouldn't have to stay in this tedious temple 24/7. She opened both eyes. “Such as?”
 
“I'll have him to take away your restrictions of traveling around with a member of the team and allow you to go anywhere within the city as long as you don't kill anyone without self-defense and only with those of youkai blood.”
 
Considering this, Kakarot responded with,” And what if I decided that I would leave anyway, go anywhere I want, and kill whoever I want.”
 
“You would have us tracking you down until we found you again. Then, Koenma might put up you in Reikai Jail with wards. Why go through all the trouble of running, getting captured, which I'd hate to do to you, and getting locked up in an 8X8 ft. cell? You could easily go on a few missions, have significant freedoms and rules, redeem yourself and then be off probation.”
 
“You talk too much, kitsune,” came the voices of surprisingly both Kakarot and Hiei. They glared at each other, and then gave their trademark “Hn” and “Keh.”
 
“I'll go, but only because I don't want to hear anymore of your pathetic attempts to bring your past sister out of me. I'll also follow these rules that you WILL have the toddler adjust, because I await the day that I can battle the Reikai Tentei themselves,” she said looking at Kurama but staring into Hiei's crimson orbs.
 
Sighing with relief, Kurama said, “Agreed. Let's go. We've already wasted enough time.”
 
`On a onna not worth the trouble,' Hiei thought.
 
`Careful, Jaganshi. I might decide that slipping out a little secret,' came a voice in his head. He turned to see Kakarot smirking at him with her piercing, sapphire orbs.
 
`Nani?'
 
`I said I didn't hurt innocents, but I never said that nothing might accidentally fall from my mouth.'
 
`You wouldn't.' Hiei was started to despise this demoness more than he already did.
 
`Try me.' She cut off the mental link and got out of her bed while Kurama was looking at the Forbidden Ones with a curious look. Together, the three jump, two from the window and one from the tree, to the ground and walked through a portal that seemed to be waiting to take them to Reikai.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Me: (snaps out of faze and stops drooling) And I thought my brother and I had issues! What's so urgent that the whole Reikai Tentei has to go to Reikai for? I don't even know! (lmao) (goes back to drooling except there's a water trough for it)
 
Hiei: (smirks evilly) I should have done this a long time ago.