Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ Mission ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I only own Kakarot and Genkao.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Me: Thanks for the review:
 
Animefangirl11: That's okay. I appreciate any compliment given to me, repeated or not.
 
King Uncle Kenny The 13th: No. I've heard of them. What are they about?
 
King Uncle Kenny The 13th (again): Yes, I did. Poor Hiei! Actually that's my word. It goes well with yarou. Thanks! ^___^
 
Thundersecrets (If you read this): Not sure if you wanted your name up here. Can you get all the other chapters up? Thanks again for contacting me! You're welcome for the rose and Hiei plushie!
 
Well…that was a VEERRYY unexpected surprise, Hiei. I didn't know you were the type of youkai that liked to dress like that.
 
Hiei: What's all the fuss you're yapping about?
 
Me: I don't yap. I talk, bark, howl and whimper. As for what I'm TALKING about, let's just say that I've got to keep you away from other females from now on.
 
Hiei: Why? Will they be as astonished as you were?
 
Me: Why do you want to know? Are you trying to impress some other musume? (looks away with hurt expression)
 
Hiei: No…(cups my chin gently and makes me look at him) just you. (pulls me into a passionate kiss)
 
Me: (fireworks in the background and singing in head while in a daze) Some people wait a lifetime for that one special kiss. Ohhhhhh, I can't believe it's happening to me…
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Chapter 11: Mission
 
(Reikai)
 
The three youkai had arrived silently into the Reikai with no other hindrance. Hoping to keep some peace between them, Kurama stayed in between Hiei and Kakarot as they walk through the sea of ogres to Koenma's office, but that didn't stop them from throwing death threats to one another through telepathy. What little of the recent truce that was made between the two Forbidden Children was now forgotten. They were two youkai refusing to let other get the best of them.
 
`This is all I need,' Kurama thought with a silent sigh. The reincarnated ex-bandit was getting worn out from preventing the two from starting their own private war between themselves. `My little sister and my best friend are practically at each other's throats and I can barely keep a restraint on Hiei. At least I've got something to bribe him with to keep him from causing chaos, but Kakarot's secrets and, dare I say it?, fetishes have yet to be discovered. What she liked back then and what she likes now, I most definitely presume, is as different as night and day. I can only hope that she won't do anything TOO drastic and cause more trouble for herself.'
 
Finally, they all reached Koenma's office. Kurama pushed open the enormous doors and passed through. Hiei walked halfway through the door but was knocked back by Kakarot's arm as she walked by with a sneer on her face. Resisting the urge to attack her, he headed in acting like he meant to do that, but he put on a scowl anyway.
 
Upon walking in, the three youkai discovered that Koenma was sitting in his chair suckling on is binkey and Botan dressed, in her ferrywoman attire, was bent over whispering into his ear. Yusuke and Kuwabara were sitting in the middle of the floor seeing who had bigger guns, which obviously was Kuwabara.
 
Not wanting to be put down, Yusuke yelled haughtily, “Yeah, but when it comes to fighting, my Rei Gun beats muscles any day!”
 
“Yeah, but when you have no reiki left, the only thing you have left is your strength!” countered Kuwabara.
 
“So?”
 
“So, that means that I have the best guns!” By that time, Koenma and Botan had acknowledged Kurama, Hiei, and Kakarot and were now waiting for the two boys to finish.
 
“Does not!”
 
“Does too!”
 
“Yusuke, Kuwabara…” Kurama started but was ignored.
 
“Does not!”
 
“Does to-“ He stopped short, smelling at a particular smoky scent. “Hey! What's burning?” Yusuke and Kuwabara look around and then at each other.
 
They pointed to one another. “It's you!” They pointed to themselves. “No, wait! It's me!” They looked at each other, “It's us! AAAAHHHH!!!!” They both literally had red flames on their asses and were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Koenma was rolling one the floor laughing uncontrollably while Botan had her hand over her mouth in shock and Kurama was attempting to keep his dignity by trying to hide a chortle. Hiei and Kakarot were smirking, watching the two proclaimed idiots try and find something to put the fires out.
 
Kurama finally gained the little composure he had lost. “All right, Kakarot. Put the flames out so we can hear Koenma speak.” Kurama looked at her accusingly.
 
“Keh,” she grunted. “What makes you think I did it? Why couldn't have been the Jaganshi?” she asked almost innocently. It would have been innocently if not for that sinful look in her eyes.
 
“Don't blame your own slipups on me, onna,” Hiei spoke to her with a glare.
 
“Yes, Kakarot. You hid it well, but on the outer edges of the flames, there's little sparks of blue. Hiei's flames are black and, sometimes, purple.”
 
“You're too smart for your own good, kitsune. Very well,” she said with a roll of her eyes because the loudness of the two was making her sensitive ears pound. She looked at Yusuke and Kuwabara who were running around in circles. Her eyes flickered with a reddish tint in them and then turned normal. Now, despite the fact that the flames were out, the two were still running.
 
Koenma had finally gotten up from the floor and back into his chair, but had to wipe some stray tears from his face from all the laughing. “Hey, you two. The fire's are out!” he yelled to them.
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara suddenly stopped in an odd stance and looked at theirselves. Surprisingly, the fires had left no holes in the seat of their pants but still had a little streams of gray smoke coming from them.
 
“That wasn't funny!” they shouted.
 
“Yes, it was.” Kakarot smirked.
 
“Ah-hem,” Koenma coughed trying to get some order. Yusuke, Kuwabara and Kurama sat down in the chairs that were provided for them in front of Koenma's desk. Botan stood next to his desk and Hiei went to jump into his window and sat down leaning against the pane. Kakarot went to the darkest corner in the room and leaned against the wall. “What is needed of you at the moment is that you need to go to the ruins of a mansion that we have discovered in the Makai. We have learned that it belonged to an unidentified youkai that strangely disappeared several centuries ago. The mansion has recently been radiating unusual waves of ki. We aren't sure what it is, but we want you to check it out. To you full youkai, we have a possible picture of him so that maybe you'll recognize him and have promising information about him.” Koenma pressed a button on his remote to the large screen in front of his desk as everyone turned towards it. The screen turned on with static, but a fuzzy image soon appeared. The youkai, facing to the side in a forest, appeared to be about six-foot tall and very built. From what was able to be seen, its head had a fair-sized amount of black, presumed to be hair, and two glowing orange dots protruding from the other side, its eyes. The skin that was sticking out of dark, loose pieces of cloth was an ugly, scaly, olive color. It appeared to also have a long tail protruding out and claws on its thin hands. It was, overall, some type of reptile youkai.
 
The youkai present either shook their head or turned away meaning that the image meant absolutely nothing to Kurama and Hiei, but as a matter of fact, it did catch Kakarot's attention. She wasn't sure where she had seen the youkai before but it was probably one of the many youkai she slaughtered in the past, so she blew it off.
 
“Very well,” Koenma said turning off the screen. “I suggest that everyone go home and get some supplies for a couple of nights because the journey will be short or long depending on how fast you can find the mansion and how long you can discover what the radiation of the mansion is.” He then turned towards Kakarot who was staring with expectation at Kurama who seemed a little hesitant. “Is there something I need to know you two?”
 
Clearing his throat, Kurama replied, “Well, yes. Kakarot and I have talked and have come to the matter that if I could have you grant of few changes to Kakarot's regulations, she'll go on this mission.” He stopped for a moment, and then added, “She won't go otherwise.”
 
“And what would those regulations be?” Koenma queried cautiously.
 
“That I don't have to take a boy scout with me everywhere I go and that I can roam within the Ningenkai city,” Kakarot stated with venom.
 
“As long as she doesn't kill anyone unless it's self-defense from a youkai only,” Kurama added.
 
Koenma looked back and forth from Kakarot's glare to Kurama anxious expression. “And Kakarot, do you accept these terms?”
 
“If it gives me some peace, then yes,” she said icely.
 
Koenma sighed. “Very well, Kakarot.” He held up his index finger to make a point. “But if you break that rule or any other, then I'll put you back on the previous restrictions then add more. Am I clear?”
 
“Oh, yes Master. You're wish is my command,” she surprisingly mocked in a singsong voice but still glared.
 
After making the arrangements for another portal near Genkai's temple that lead to the forest in the Makai about half a day from the castle, the gang walked out of the young ruler's office.
 
Yusuke leaned over and cupped his hand to Kuwabara's ear as he whispered to him, “Now she's making cracks at the toddler. I don't know whether to be shocked or scared.”
 
Seeing Kakarot looking at them hard with tints of red as they walked down the hallway, Kuwabara whispered back hurriedly, “I think we should be ready to run for it, because I think she's going to kill us.”
 
“Keh. Don't worry about that,” she scoffed as she walked passed them. “If I wanted to kill you, I would do it in battle only. The killings not worth the time unless your opponent can fight back.” She looked over her shoulder at them with a smirk. “But I might have to make a few exceptions, because I doubt you can fight you own ningen grandparents.”
 
“Hey!” they protested.
 
“All right, everyone,” Kurama intervened, once again, being the peacemaker. “Let's all wait until the mission is over.” Kurama was feeling washed-out from breaking up all the feuds. If something wasn't done soon, he might be driven to the point of insanity. Exaggerating, of course, but he still felt close enough.
 
At last, the gang walked out of the boundaries of the Reikai palace to meet a portal just in front of them. Kuwabara and Yusuke walked through first, traveling swiftly to Sarayashiki in the Hanyoukai, back home. Kurama hesitated for a moment, waiting for Kakarot as she passed by without recognition to his chivalry to the forest near the temple. Hiei, being last, went through after Kurama left for his home in Meiou City as the gateway of swirling wind came to a close. The next couple of days would prove to be most interesting.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Me: (gasping from being in lip lock for 45 minutes but has a little smirk) O..k..a...y!!! Whew! I'm okay! Spring Break is way over and I don't know where it went! So tell me people, with me being a beginner, on a scale of 1-10, how am I doing? Be honest, but please, no flames. I'm still a bit pissed about that one ass from Fanfiction that criticized me for using Kenshin's title. HELLO!! Kakarot is the real name of Goku from Dragonball Z and she didn't criticize me for that! She didn't even take the time to read my story!! DAMMIT TO HELL FLAMERS!!! CRITICIZE ABOUT SOMETHING USEFULL!!! Notice how I don't like flamers who flame just to flame.
 
Hiei: (regaining his breath as well but standing with a smug look on his face) Are you done yet?
 
Me: Might as well be. By the way, Hiei. Are you related to Vegeta?
 
Hiei: (confused) Vegeta who?
 
Me: -_- I give up.