/ / ❯ The Last Chance ❯ True Confessions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ok this is chapter 1so have fun and come on and REVIEW I beg you PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Pretty Please I am being nice something that doesn't happen often. Next chapter comes up tomorrow if I get at least one review.

Disclaimer: Do we own DB/Z/GT. I glance over to Aurumstellar who is staring at me like I am a complete idiot. What, is there something hanging out of my nose? No you idiot do you obviously think we own DB/Z/GT. Its possible. Arggggggg you idiot I cant take it anymore. He starts running towards the window and jumps out. While he is falling to his doom he screams at the top of his lungs. We do not own DB/Z/GT you idiotic bafoons (look its plural meaning your all bafoons hahahaha you can continue reading now). I just stare at the window then I continue reading my comics.

The Last Chance

Chapter One: True Confessions

"Hey!"… "Rai!" "Wake up" Zeph struggled to wake his brother. "

I'm awake, Im awake", Rai got up stretched and walked over to the kitchen where Videl sat at the table with her head in her hands.

On the other side was Bulma with Bra in her arms apparently Bra felt that it was her fault because she went upstairs to tell Vegita about the Visitors and if she hadn't than none of this would have happened. Rai couldn't stand it he felt sick to his stomach that he couldn't do anything.

"Hi Bra…" Rai said gently as he sat down at the table. He felt a loss for words.

"Oh, hi Rai", Bra managed to say between sniffles.

"So, where are Goku and Gohan." Zeph inquired maintaining the same soft tone as his brother had used.

"Well, Goku and Trunks still haven't appeared", you could tell that Bulma was exhausted from the lag in her voice, probably up all night dealing with the fact that not only was her husband dead but Trunks was gone as well,

"And Gohan left earlier this morning to search for Goku with Goten" Zeph could not take it anymore he excused himself from the table and motioned for his brother to follow

"What is it Zeph", Rei questioned "I think I can bring Vegita back", Zeph said with a stern yet immature voice.

"What!?!", Rai exclaimed, "What do you mean" "Well I know I never told you but", Zeph began hesitantly,

"I found that I have this, gift, if you will, I can resurrect certain things" "Now's not the time to joke, Zeph this is serious", said Rai sternly

"I'm not, brother, I'm dead serious", Zeph returned the same somber look. "Why didn't you ever tell me", Rai now sounded a little angry

"I'm sorry", Zeph said sincerely, " but what's important is I think I can do this" "You think you can", Rai continued

"Well so far, I have resurrected small birds and amphibians, a mammal of that size and complexity is going to be difficult ", Zeph said with frustration,

"But I'm willing to try" "Ok", replied Rai with some hope showing. " You really think you can do it"

"Yes, but do not tell anyone I don't want them to get there hopes up", Zeph warned, "there's just one thing I forgot to tell you"

"…Yes", Rai replied a little nervously. "…", Zeph thought for a second, "never mind" If Rai had known what was going though Zeph's mind he would have stopped him immediately.

Zeph sensed this so he didn't say anything. You see, Zeph knew his powers very well and he knew that he could easily bring Vegita back to life. The problem was, the larger the organism the more energy it takes to resurrect it. When Zeph used to resurrect small birds he would feel very weak afterwards and would fall ill for many days until he finally got his strength back. Zeph knew from the second he saw the Pain in Trunk's eyes, what he had to do.

Last night he slept soundly conserving his energy, all for today, all for this moment. Zeph made his way up the stairs and halfway he requested for Rai to stay behind, Rai protested but realized he could not break his brothers iron will. Zeph did however leave his brother with some very strange words. Words in a language he could not understand.

Zeph told him to remember them, and Rai promised. Zeph stepped in the room where Vegita lay it was early and the sun had just began to show itself through the windows. Zeph stepped up to the bed and knelt down beside it, he slowly pulled the sheets down to expose Vegita's head.

It was a pale gray and already had the stench of death perforating from it. Zeph could hardly breath so he decided to get this done quickly. He put one hand on Vegita's forehead and went completely silent he didn't even breath…he didn't have to. As he knelt there he could feel all of his life energy escaping and flowing though the junction which carried it into Vegita. Zeph could no longer feel his feet and soon his shins, until the point where he lost complete feeling in all extremities below his ribs.

He struggles with all of his remaining strength to keep his hand on Vegita's head. Then Zeph saw what he was waiting for and then everything went black… Vegita felt weird, as though he was in a tank of water with no where to breath…then he felt a rude awakening like a slap in the face. The first glimpse he caught was a boy who lay unconscious by his side…

"Where am I" Vegita looked down at Zephyrus and remembered the confrontation that led to his death with this though he quickly got out of bed and rushed out the door only to be confronted by a very worried Rai.

"Where's Zephrus!", Rai asked "seriously" "I should kill you right now for what you did to me" Vegita answered and pinned Rai to the wall, "but first…" Vegita's tone of voice was strange, almost, seductive.

"What the Fuck are you doing", Rai answered as he shoved Vegita away "Where's Zeph, you sick fuck."

Startled by the commotion in the hall Bulma, Bra, and Videl headed for the stairs but stopped in sheer amazement at what they saw. Bulma immediately fainted and Bra did her best to arouse her whilst keeping herself from keeling over. Rai grew tired of Vegita's insolence and rushed in the room himself to find his brother lying by the bedside almost dead. But not yet.

Zephs only hope was Bulma she was the only one who was smart enough to save him. Bulma finally came too and was greeted by the yells of Rai. She Quickly got up and opened her case of capsules. "This ought ta do it" she said as she rushed up stairs with Rai and Bra at tow. When she got up stairs she warned all to stay back that it was gonna be big. She threw the capsule down and it exploded in a cloud of smoke. When the smoke dissolved there was a pod-like apparatus where the bed used to be.

"Get him in there quickly", ordered Bulma. Rai picked his limp brother up and placed him in the pod. The hatch closed and blue smoke filled the pod to where Zeph could not be seen.

"What happe-.", Rai started to say as he put his hands on the transparent glass but yelled in pain when he discovered that the glass was horridly cold. "Rai, you cant touch it", Bulma said harshly

"Sorry it's just that…" A little monitor appeared on the top of the pod across the screed there was a green line…Bulma didn't look too good.

"Is he gonna be all right", Rai asked slowly Bulma said yes but her tone of voice and her eyes said otherwise.

"What does it matter if the boy dies he was an unimportant, insolent weakling", Vegita said sarcastically At this Rai started to ball his fists and could feel every once of his anger flooding in his heart, was about to turn to confront Vegita when a loud "beep" shot from the monitor.

"He's alive!", shouted Bulma with a sigh. "Just barely though, he's lucky" Rai turned around and looked Vegita in the eye and said,

"Well, that UNIMPORTANT, INSOLENT, WEEKLING, JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE!"

"And what did you do to him!", Rai's voice now burning with anger. "Nothing I just woke up and he was there, and even if I did what's it to you?"

"Zeph Is my brother you dumbass!", yelled Rai "No one talks to me that way without getting a firm Ass-rapin", with this Vegita leaped behind Rai and attempted the impossible at this moment Goku and Gohan rushed in the door Goku screaming

"Vegita I though I was your Bitch!!!" "How could you do this to me you bastard. Rai was knocked unconscious.

Gohan did his best to break the jealous lovers up and Trunks was happy to find out his father was alive only to go into shock when he found out that he was gay. In a nutshell the rest of that day was a disaster. Hopefully the night would bring hope for weak Zeph and angry Rai maybe tomorrow will be normal or as normal as it gets.

The next two days proved to be quiet and slow as the recuperation of the young Zeph progressed quickly in Bulma's care. And by the second day Zeph was conscious again and could get up and talk. On the third day the Z fighters decided to test Rai to see just how powerful he really is, whilst Zeph stayed home to rest and maybe get to know the object of his affection a little better…

Five warriors flew across the sky as one ran along the ground. Far they traveled, beyond any town or any city…yet no matter how far they traveled, they still wouldn't be able to hide the power which they where about to unleash…

"Here is fine", motioned Goku at this the Z fighters glided down to meet Rai they landed in front of him and Goku stepped up. "Rai, we know you possess to some degree a large amount of power, we would greatly appreciate it if you could show us this power", Goku put the fighters in a line weakest to strongest "Goten, your up first"

"Ok", and with a quick nod of his head he walked forward to start the line.

"Trunks, I think your up next", Goku said with confidence.

"Yep", Trunks ran from his current position to behind Goten and then glanced back to hear who was next.

"Son I believe you're the next strongest", Goku replied looking at Gohan

"I hear ya", Gohan walked briskly to the line behind Trunks exchanging quick jesters with his younger brother and Trunks.

Before Goku could say anything Vegita murmured in a sarcastic tone, "Go head, say it"

"Say what?", asked Goku with and annoying innocence.

"You want me to go up next. DON'T YOU!", Vegita was now shouting, and walked up to Goku face to face.

"Well I am stronger, unless you wanna see right now, who's stronger", Goku's tone was now a little sly but still filled with confidence.

"Damn you Karkarrot!", Vegita replied as he quickly turned around and slowly walked to the line with anger in every step, "What are you all staring at, TURN A ROUND!" With this all members in line where now stiffly facing forward.

"OK, now that that's done let's begin", Goku said with excitement as he walked to the back of the line, "Hey Rai don't hold back, even though Goten is the weakest he is still very strong!" one last warning from Goku.

Back at Capsule Corp. Zeph starred a the white ceiling of the room he was in still somewhat weak he longed to get up and about again, and even though he was the passive type he still, in the back of his mind wanted to spar with new opponents and except new challenges. And then there was Pan. O sweet Pan, even in his sleep he though of her. *I wander where she is right now* he thought.

But just as he was about to ponder on this subject any more there was a knock at the door. The door opened to a crack and a familiar voice leaked in, "May I come in"

Zeph knew who it was and his heart began to beat a little faster, "Uh sure"

The door opened slowly and Pan stepped in with a tray of tea and a bowl of hot soup, "Hi, Zeph feeling any better today", asked Pan in a caring voice

"Every day, I seem to be taking minor steps to recovery", Zeph suddenly felt himself loosening up toward Pan.

"That's good", Pan replied she wanted to say something but she hesitated, then just came out with it, "ya know, for a moment there you really had some of us worried…"

"I'm sorry", Zeph replied leaning a bit back so he could fit the tray in his lap

"You needn't be sorry Zeph it's not your fault", Pan said in a comforting voice and she shifted herself in so that she lay on her side.

Zeph took the chopsticks and twirled some noodles around them before taking them into his mouth. However at the end he couldn't help slurp a bit on one or two noodles

"Hehe", Pan couldn't help giggle at this, " you remind me of Goku"

Zeph smiled back, "wow, this is really good pan, you wouldn't find food this good where I come from"

Pan's face turned a little red at this comment, "thank you Zeph", and she shifted a bit on the floor and a look a curiosity was written on her face. "Zeph", she said with caution.

"Yes", replied Zeph with innocence.

"That was great thing you did for Vegita, I mean after all, he did attack you for no reason", Pan now had even more curiosity on her face, "but…"

"How", Zeph finished for her.

"Yes, and…"

"Why did I get sick", once again Zeph read Pan, precisely.

"Tell me…", Pan persisted with a voice that Zeph could not resist. She leaded forward a bit anticipating his explanation.

"It all started a long time ago, it's hard to talk about it, even now", Zeph looked down at the floor as tears started to build in his eyes.

"Zeph", Pan said as she put one finger under Zeph's chin and rose it so that his glassy wet eyes met hers, "you can tell me" She pulled the access from here large shirt and used it to pamper Zeph's eye's. Her gestures where filled with love and Zeph could sense this he suddenly felt a calm release from his horrid past and found the strength to go on.

"Ok, here goes", Zeph started

Back ate battlefield, Rai walked back a few steps and so did Goten. "Get this over already!", bellowed Vegita

Goten fell back into a wide front stance with one leg swept far back and the other bent forward the hand in back was bent and close to his chest open palm the other was out but still bent, open palm as well.

Rai stood in a modest fighting stance with legs slightly bent and arms loose

The wind stood still and without warning Goten lunged forward with amazing speed planning to plant one of his now closed fists into the chest of his casual opponent.

Rai simply stood there and thought *wow he's pretty fast, no where near as fast as Zeph though* and with that he simply moved to the side in the fashion he did with Bra when they first met.

Goten, now shocked at the fact that he missed quickly spun around for a crescent kick to the back of the head all the while thinking* damn this guy is good*

Rai saw the kick coming and easily ducked letting Goten's kick fly above him, nearly taking Goten off balance.

*Crap, can't believe I missed that one* Goten regained his balance and jumped forward and let out a flurry of punches, *this ought ta get him*

*I can't believe this, he's simply toying with him he's actually holding back, in fact he hasn't attack not even once* thought Vegita angrily

Rai could sense each individual punch and managed to dodge every last one.

"STOP!", Vegita shouted his voice boiled with anger. "You're holding back, Rai-jin, and it's a disgrace to us real Sayians when we get shown pity so finish Goten, now, or I will!"

Fearing for the young boy, Rai leaped behind Goten and got him in a hold that he could not escape from.

Try as he would, Goten could not get out, so he decided to take it to the next level Goten's body exploded in a blinding flash as he let out a fearsome yell. He was now a Super Sayian, yet still he could not get out. Rai's hold was solid, but not suffocating.

"C'mon you stupid boy finish him!" yelled Vegita

"Stop!" Yelled Goku, "that's good enough Rai"

Rai let go of Goten and helped him up, "you ok"

"Sure, no problem", Goten replied with satisfaction, "You're pretty good, been a while since I've had a challenge" Goten and Rai Shook hands once again as Goten exited the battlefield. As he passed by Trunks he gave him a satisfied look "good luck, you'll need it"

Trunks flew to Rai and landed in front of him "Sorry about before, dad can be really stuck up sometimes", he said as he held out his hand, they shook and got ready for combat…

*Well, here goes nothing* thought Trunks

Our story heads back To Capsule Corp. were Zeph is telling his story.

"It all started when I was 7, as far back as I can remember", Zeph started Pan was silent ready to listen, with an open mind at whatever Zeph had to say.

"Me and my brother have always been, different"

"We've never really had an explanation since we spent most of our young lives in an orphanage."

"Many people came and looked around and the little friends we would make would eventually leave"

"It was a lonely life but what made life bearable was the fact that since Rai and me where brothers they decided to not split us up. So as others left, we always had each other."

"Rai on the other had was older, and soon got to age where he was interested in girls, at first he was sort a shy, until he met this one girl I don't remember her name but I'm sure he does."

"They got to be very good friends and soon it was apparent that they loved each other. I was happy to finally see my brother in such good spirits and for a while life was good…"

"Until that one day a being emerged out of the sky while Rai and his friend and I were outside playing. He landed a couple of feet from looked around as people rushed up to him astonished by his abnormal entrance."

"Why he did what he did next ill never know, he raised his hand in the air and started to chant in a very weird tone in a language I couldn't understand. His voice echoed though the air to where we where."

"I'll never forget his voice, it still haunts me at night. A blinding flash of white light shot from his hand speeding towards the heavens. The light opened a giant rift in the sky and thousands of Glowing balls of fire descended from the now black sky."

"I can remember running towards my brother who was already sheltering his love in his arms he looked out to me with his hand out, but just as I was about to grab it the ground beneath me was torn asunder."

"The land that my brother was on shot up into the air, and something collided with my head and I passed out…"

"My God" is all Pan could say

Zeph raised the cup to his lips and took a slow sip; he swallowed hard and continued with his story. "When I came to, I…

Back to the battlefield, Trunks slowly walked towards Rai, as he thought *three, two, one, now! * With this he shot at Rai with menacing speed.

*This one's a bit faster, but not fast enough* Rai flipped over the charging Trunks and landed behind him delivering a devastating palmfist to Trunk's back, but stopped one inch from the target. But the air that was generated by Rai's open hand was enough to send trunks several meters away.

*How the, he didn't even hit me and no energy beam either* Trunks thought with astonishment *Who, or what is this guy?*

*I gotta finish him or Vegita will start bitchin again* Rai, straining to think of a way to demonstrate his powers without killing anybody

Trunks then caught on to Rai *well I know I cant beat him but I might as well give him a good fight* with that thought Trunks lowered his arms to his side and balled his fists and like Goten erupted in a flash of light. Trunks then utilized all his power and all his strength and concentrated it into one attack. Trunks held out both hands in front of him and exposed the blue ball witch held an immense amount of energy.

Rai stared at the blue ball and thought *oh shit* Knowing he couldn't dodge it he harden his body and got into a defensive stance *hope I can stand this*

Trunks couldn't hold the ball much longer it was more energy then he had ever mustered in his entire life, only then he thought *my god what have I done* He couldn't stop it so he did the only thing he could, he let it loose. The blue ball of energy accelerated towards Rai with Catastrophic force. All of the Z warriors were holding their breaths even Vegita was at edge.

Rai crossed his arms in front of him and embraced the ball of deadly energy, it exploded and sent a white flash of light across the battlefield and left a cloud, miles long, of gray smoke.

Trunks hovered for a bit pondering the severity of his actions *crap, what came over me*

All he could do was look into the smoke with anticipation and hope that the warrior was still alive. And so he did along with the rest of the Z Fighters

The smoke slowly cleared and when the cloud dissipated completely… Rai was there in the same defensive position he was is before the blast hit his entire shirt was gone and his sleeves as well his arms black with the residue of the combustion reaction that went off when the blast hit *damn that loud* Rai thought

Trunks slowly floated back to earth and walked up to Rai, "You are good, and from now on you have my respect" with this said trunks held out his hand once again and shook it Trunks walked by Goten, "you were right" then up to Gohan he stepped. "Maybe you can get an attack out of him"

"Hehe", a little nervous laughter from Gohan as he headed for the battlefield

Back at Capsule Corp., "I was not that that hurt", Zeph continued. "Just worried I remember that exact moment I slowly got up and what I saw I will never forget."

"I saw ruin as far as I could see and when I look down the ground was cluttered with dead bodies mutilated dead bodies. Many missing limbs and many mangled to the point where you couldn't tell the sex of the person, many were ripped open near the chest."

"This site was almost too much for me, as I walked I saw people and children I knew, slaughtered. At that moment I felt so alone, I wanted to die, I wandered why I didn't die that strong people where contorted beyond disbelief and I was fine."

"I found a piece of glass on the ground and was about to end my life when I heard something that made my heart skip a beat I stopped and listened with hope that I would hear it again, by my breathing was so loud that I could hardly listen."

"A few seconds later I heard it and rushed to the source hoping, praying that it was whom I thought it was. And when I reached the source I simply stopped and looked at the sight before me."

"It was Rai, he was unscathed, like me and he was on his knees holding someone and just sobbing saying,"

"No, no, no," I tried to speak but my voice was harsh cause I hadn't used it for a while, "Rai?" I managed to say."

"Rai stopped and slowly turned around, he laid the body down softly and rushed to hug me, "Your alive!" he kept saying."

Pan was holding her breath and let out a sigh of relief when she heard this, "Gosh, Zeph what a terrible experience"

"Me and Rai took the body of his love and made an appropriate grave and grave stone. We then decided to leave, the destruction couldn't have annihilated the entire planet or at least that's what we thought…"

We head back to the battle field, Gohan landed in front of Rai and participated in the traditional handshake, "listen Rai, I'll not launch any energy attacks since you can't I want you fight you simply using hand to hand combat, the way your probably used too, ok"

Rai was satisfied to hear this and replied, "Thanks"

"But I ask you to please not hold back, hit me full force, Ill warn you if it's too much, but until I do keep going"

"Sure, no problem", answered Rai The two fighters wasted no time and Gohan immediately went super sayian 3 (this is our story and if we say he can go ssj3 he can). He then unloaded an insanely fast barrage of punches and kicks to all areas of Rai's body. Gohan was now nothing but a blur revolving around Rai.

*Finally a challenge! * Nearly a little more than half of Gohan's attacks hit solid and for the first time Rai actually felt physically pain but to him it was good feeling the feeling of a challenge.

Rai then started spinning crescent in Gohans direction *Wow I can't believe he managed to actually dodge some of those* Gohan thought as he ducked beneath Rai's kick, but as he was about to counter Rai continued spinning an his foot raised high in the air.

*My ax should get him* Rai thought as he brought his leg down to Gohan.

*Damn* Gohan quickly got out of the way as Rai's leg swept by missing Gohan by a hair. Rai wasn't about to make the same mistake twice. He stopped his foot before it had a chance to imbed itself in the earth and followed up with hammer fist aimed for the ducked Gohans' Spine.

Gohan barely got to think about what he was going to go next when he caught a glimpse of Rai's fist coming down on him* shoot this guy is fast* he stepped out of the way just in time to dodge Rai's attack. Gohan was hanging in there but barely and so far Gohan only managed to stay in offense mode for a little and now Rai seemed to be the one packin heat.

Rai wasted no time to rest and led in with a mid round. *Hehe* Rai had a plan, he was sure would work.

As Gohan put his arms out to the side to block the incoming kick *if I can grab his kick I can send him flying* thought Gohan

But just as the kick was about to hit Rai switched his feet and caught Gohan off Guard with a swift and devastating reverse round to the side of Gohan's head. Gohan then went flying into the ground and skidded to slow stop.

Gohan's gold hair was now it's usual black and he was barely breathing. Goku Instant Transmission to Gohan's side and crushed a sensu bean in his hand he then turned Gohan around on his back and put the pieces into his mouth. At this very moment Rai arrived where Gohan lay "Is he gonna be all right", asked a very anxious Rai

"Yeah, he'll be fine", Goku replied with confidence. Gohan swallowed the pieces with what little strength he had, and no less then a second later he sprung up and landed in front of Rai. The serious look on his face soon turned to joy, "you, my friend are truly strong, you deserve my respect, and gratitude for not holding back, o and don't hold back on Vegita either he can take it" Gohan Shook Rai's hand and didn't even need to tell Vegita that it was his turn, because he was already on the battlefield, waiting…

Back at CC (Capsule Corp. you idiots) "So what happened Zeph?", asked Pan with eyes wide open.

"Well, we made our way to the local skyport along the way witnessing the same carnage and ruin as before. When we got to the skyport there where only a few functioning ships available, Luckily the ships where Voice activated with "self piloting" abilities we boarded one of the working ones and made our way to the cockpit."

"We told the CPU to take us to a nearby continent that Rai had heard about. The ship took off and all along the way we saw nothing but debris and ruin and when we spotted the continent that was our destination."

"We were shocked to see it in rubble as well. We used the WWSCS (world wide skyport communication system) to try to contact skyports in continents we never even heard about."

"All dead, no survivors. It still puzzles me to this very day why, out of an entire word of people the only survivors where two kids. Well we decided to leave to the nearby Planet of Various and attempt to make a home there."

"So we told the CPU to take us to Various, the ship seemed to change a bit and after about a Minute the ship ascended with great force. About five minutes later we came to what seemed like a stop and I peered out the window to see our home, what used to be a blue marble in space was now a reddish brown ball of junk."

"The trip to Various was a short one and my brother and I where excited to se that it was untouched and safe. We landed in one of their skyports and many people greeted us in shock."

"We were taken to another land for questioning and testing. Long story short they found nothing wrong with us and we where known world wide as "the only survivors of the Ganside apocalypse" Ganside, I later realized was the name of our old home."

"My Brother and I soon made a home of our own with the parents we'd always would dream about, and for the first time in a long time Rai and I where actually happy."

"Wow Zeph, what a way to go", Pan replied shifting on the floor "but that doesn't explain why you have your powers"

"Well, you see, when I woke up after the Ganside apocalypse my hair was white and before, my hair used to be black. Also, ever since that day I noticed that I never got sick, ever."

"Then one day, my mother got very sick and the doctor said that she had developed a tumor in her brain and that she had very little time to live."

"By this time I had my new mother for four years and had grown to love her very much as well as my brother. The time we weren't at school we were by her side." One evening I was at her side when suddenly I heard a solid, constant beep from the heart monitor, and saw the almost ghostlike green line trailing across the screen."

"When I saw this I knew what had happened, but I didn't want to except it. I couldn't face the fact that she was dead, I just couldn't. I lay my head down on the side of the bed to drown my sorrows on the sheets, something strange started to happen. My whole body felt as though it where not mine and I had no control of it."

"My hand traveled, uncontrollably, to my mother's forehead. I then looked up to see a white light emulating from the ceiling of the hospital room. From the light, came tall female figure in a long white dress of satin. She was, with out a doubt the most beautiful woman I have or ever will see through the course of my entire life."

"She talked in a language I couldn't understand, however I just felt what she was saying word for word. She told me that I was Alpha, whatever that means and that I am blessed with many gifts that need to be triggered by certain emotions in my life. And that the intense sorrow and love I felt for my mother, was one of them."

"She then put one of her hands in mine and chanted in her lovely voice, in the same language. When she was done she told me that I have now received my first gift, the gift of life, she warned me that every time I brought something back to life that I would weaken me depending on my experience and the size and complexity of the organism. She said to practice my gift and to try to tell no one about it. She said that she'd see me again when I triggered another key emotion."

"She warned not to revive my mother cause it would surely kill me. Then she leaned in a kissed me on the forehead. And left saying farewell my young Alpha. Then I awoke. In the same place, still feeling the same pain in my heart…"

"And you would tell me this", inquired Pan with interest.

"I feel I can trust you Pan", Zeph started "I feel I could tell you without you judging me"

"So did Alpha ever visit you again", a positive inquiry from a curious Pan. "No, guess I haven't felt any "emotion triggers" since", Zeph answered.

Back at the Battlefield… Vegita saw Rai approaching and walked up to meet him stopping inches away from him he recited with anger, "I will have no pity from you, boy, because I will show none to you"

"Whatever", Rai replied carelessly *maybe I'll rough this one up a little, god, he deserves it for all the crap he put me and my brother through* Rai put out his hand

"I am not your equal, boy!" Vegita yelled as he pushed Rai's hand away, "Let's get this over with, now!"

With that Vegita instantly ascended to Super Sayian 4 he then threw himself at Rai only to disappear, moments before he hit. *What* thought Rai…

"AHHH", Vegita appeared behind Rai and planted both feet into the back of Rai with all his strength. *crap!* Rai took to hit, and he took it hard. But it wasn't stifling and he quickly turned around, catching Vegita off Guard with a powerful yet muffled kick to the ribs, followed, almost simultaneously with a second kick to the side of the head. If that wasn't enough, Rai also swept Vegita off his feet and in the split second that he was in the air used his deadly ax kick, and this time it hit, hard. Rai did these three movements so incredibly fast that Vegita had no time to think, much less do anything else.

Vegita now lay on the ground almost unable to move. Vegita was a stuck- up, power-mad, crazy-ass bitch, but he wasn't stupid and he wasn't about to let a boy like Rai get the best of him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a sensu bean he had packed for emergencies like this. He popped it into his mouth and flew up high where Rai couldn't reach him.

He then put both of his hands out in front of him thinking *you killed me you bastard, now, I will return the favor* He yelled as two balls of light appeared in his hands. "Oh my god, here we go again", Rai braced himself in the same position as before with Trunks. *Hope this one isn't as loud* Vegita then started to move his arms forward and back in a furiously fast motion, firing a separate blast every time his arm went forward. In a matter of minutes nearly five thousand separate blasts had been fired and the cloud of smoke was huge, just the thought of anyone or anything surviving this catastrophic assault was insane, but Vegita persisted, until he could no longer.

Out of breath and near faint Vegita floated back to earth and knelt, unable to stand. He just stared at the enormous cloud of dust he had created with his devastating attack. The smoke cleared quickly and when it did a huge crater lay in its wake the Z-fighters flew to the site of the gargantuan bowel of earth. No sign of Rai could be spotted anywhere.

"Man, why'd Vegita have to-." Goten began, but was startled by hand that had emerged from the ground beneath him,

"It's him!" Goten reached down to pull Rai's hand but half way they realized that Vegita's attack had completely, disintegrated Rai's fragile cloths. "Crap, Goku, we forgot to give him a Sayian Gi."

Goku reached into his pocket and pulled out a small tin box, "A Christmas gift from Bulma" he then opened the case and said "what size, Rai"

"56 large", replied Rai half covered in earth Goku pulled out the appropriate capsule and Rai put the Gi on Vegita swallowed another sensu bean and waited for Rai to return…

There was a bit of silence between Zeph and Pan. *Now or never* Zeph broke the silence with, "Pan…"

"Yes", Pan answered quickly as she shifted her look from the floor to Zeph

"I…" Zeph hesitated

"Uh-huh, go on…", Pan persisted a little excitement showing through "I lo-."

"Hey guys!", Bulma rushed in the room just in time to cut Zeph off.

"Sorry to interrupt guys, but I found a way to determine for sure if you and your brother are Sayians" *o well I'll tell Pan later*, "How, Bulma"

*Shoot, I wonder what Zeph was going to say, I wander if…no he couldn't, could he. Wishful thinking pan* Pan lost her self in thought, "Oh, what did you say Bulma"

"I said, I found a way to determine if Zephyrus and Rai-Jin are Sayians, you see I took blood samples from all the Sayians and half-sayians I know, and studied them."

"I found out that there is a certain gene that all people with Sayian blood carry even hybrids like you pan. All I gotta do is take blood samples from you, Zeph, and your brother and within minutes I can get the results."

"Ok here", Zeph held out his arm with the underside up "drain me"

Pan looked away she really didn't favor the sight of blood. Bulma took out a Silver Case with a vile connected to a tube and needle on the other side, she wet a cotton swab with some alcohol and rubbed the surface of Zephs skin near his vein and tied a strap tightly around his upper arm. She then took the casing off of the needle and readied Zephs vein for penetration by rubbing it. "Ready"

"As ill ever be, stick me" With a friendly giggle she inserted the needle in Zeph's Vein and told him to ball his fist to keep the blood pumping…

"Oh my god", Bulma said with fear in her voice as she nearly let the vile drop to the floor.

"What", Zeph and Pan said at the same time.

Back at the battle field (sure is suspenseful isn't it) "Hurry up, boy, I don't have all day", Vegita snarled

*This guy is really getting on my last nerve* Rai thought

Vegita saw an opportunity to get Rai, and without even thinking he took it. He lunged at Rai with a fist aimed for the fighters left arm. Vegita knew that Rai always stepped to the left when an assailant rushed for him, and he used this bit of information to his advantage, as he neared Rai, the young warrior stepped to the left just as Vegita had planned. Knowing this Vegita hooked Rai's Left arm and swung it over his shoulder. He glanced at Rai with a simile so maniacal, it actually scared Rai stiff. Vegita, using his shoulder as a fulcrum, yanked Rai's arm downward with deadly force.

"AHHHH!", Rai yelled in agony as his bones cracked and popped, and he could feel every tendon and muscle in his arms ripping and tearing as Vegita followed up by contorting and twisting Rai's arm beyond recognition.

*If I can't beat him I'll at least maim him, and next time I'll get him when he's down* Vegita thought as he struggled with Rai's arm.

Rai looked up to the sky, as time seemed to stand still he didn't know what was happening, it seemed as though the shackles of time had trapped all but him. The clouds began to part and darkness flooded to the ground where Rai stood. Out of the darkness walked a figure tall and mysterious. He wore black shredded overcoat with a pointed collar and long shredded sleeves.

His skin was a pale white, and his hair was pitched black, long, mangled and disorderly. His look was frightening but somehow comforting. He walked up to Rai and without opening his mouth spoke to him with a voice that could be heard echoing in Rai's mind "Greetings, my child, you hold within you my spirit, therefor that makes you the dark one, Omega. You cannot begin to fathom the powers you have locked inside of you. That is why, I have come. In order to unlock the doors to your powers you must, first acquire the key. This is your first key, "pain" you feel pain, intense pain. For your pain I offer this" the dark figure took held out a ghostly hand with a black sphere. "Take this gift and use it wisely", the figure took the ball and touched it to Rai's forehead "I will see you again, Omega"

With that, the figure ascended back to its origin and time resumed as normal and the pain came back to him. Rai closed his eyes and concentrated, hard. Vegita paused for a moment and then let go of Rai. He grasped his head in his hands and fell to his knees and began to yell between his loud hyperventilation. Rai then turned to look at the weak Vegita, now lying on the floor convulsing with fits of anger and pain *pain* Rai thought and he couldn't stand to see anyone reduced to such torture even Vegita. He loosened his thoughts and pacified his mind, and shortly Vegita stopped shaking and just lay there breathing very slowly his eyes relaxed and a shocked look was plastered on his face.

*What was that, in all of the injuries and all of the beatings I've ever taken. Nothing could compare to the pain of what I just felt who, or what is this, this stranger and that is the origin of his insane power.* Vegita thought as he lay one the ground to weak and too shocked to move.

Rai slowly walked up to the traumatized Vegita, he hesitated for a moment

"Vegita, you all right" he then held out his hand.

Back to the mystery at Capsule Corp. "Zeph…your blood is…white…milk white", Bulma said under her breath.

"So", Zeph replied, "is that abnormal?"

"Zeph, all organisms in this galaxy have red blood, not white", Bulma said, now with a concerned tone.

"O, that's weird, is there something wrong with me", Zeph asked with innocence

"Well, I don't know I'll inform you when I get the test results are in", Bulma pulled the needle out and rushed off to her lab next door.

"So Zeph, you were saying…", Pan said as soon as Bulma had exited. "Huh?" Zeph answered still a little scared at what Bulma had said

"…Nothing", Pan replied, the look of disappointment on her face, and the look of sadness in her eyes alerted Zeph that he had made some mistake that made his beloved horribly sad.

*oh no, what did I say…oh I remember! My confession, but if she's this disappointed in me forgetting, maybe she's on to me, let me see how should I fix this* "Pan theirs something I need to tell you"

"Yes…", Pan's voice now with returning excitement.

"Pan, I know this may seem weird but..", he started to say as he leaned closer to Pan "Pan, in all my life I have felt many things, hurt, pain, disappointment, fear, loneliness, and sorrow, but when I think of you, all of theses thoughts and memories flee from my mind."

"You're the only one who came to see me, and you even brought me food and listened to my deepest darkest secrets with an open mind. When I get better I look forward to getting to know you better, I guess what I'm trying to say is…"

But Pan leaned in and placed two of her smooth fingers across his lips, "I know, Zeph" and with that she intertwined the other hand in Zephs long white hair and rested it on the back of his head. She then guided his lips to hers. Pan didn't know why she was doing this, it seemed that with Zeph she just wasn't her usual shy self she simply let her actions flow.

As Zeph felt the warmth that Pan was giving off he immediately closed his eyes and lost himself in Pan's kiss. As Pan lingered in the kiss, as she too closed her eyes, she put her other arm around Zeph. Zeph felt Pan's loving embrace and felt as though he melt in her arms, Zeph wanted to dwell in this feeling for an eternity, then he felt something all to familiar he couldn't move and time seemed to stop.

All he could do was listen the voice of the guardian spoke in her tranquil compassionate voice, "oh Alpha, love can sting like a dagger to the heart, but love, real love is the most divine of all human feelings. You, Alpha, have apparently found this precious asset, for I am here to give you your second gift, "love" she touched Zeph's forehead and said, "until next time, my child" As time flowed again Zeph opened his eye's just as the kiss ended, and saw Pan there with her eyes still closed lost in the moment.

Pan opened her eyes and she blushed as she saw Zeph staring at her

"I'm sorry, it's just, your so enchanting, It's hard not to stare", Zeph replied

"Really…?", Pan insisted blushing even more

"I wouldn't lie to you Pan, you are truly prodigal when It comes to beauty, and you don't even know it", Zeph reached and brushed aside some of Pan's hair and tucked if behind her ear.

"Oh Zeph, I don't know what to say", Pan replied

"Tell me this, when you feel me do you like what you feel, when you hear my voice is it like nothing else matters, when you look at me what do you see, cause that's what I see in you Pan. I see someone I can trust, someone I can confide in when I'm trouble. I see someone who will feel my pain when I hurt and can feel joyous when I do. I see my hopes and dreams come true. I see…", Zeph paused for a moment to take Pan's small hand in his "I see you in all of your splendor"

"…", Pan was utterly speechless she had never been this overwhelmed in her entire young life tears started to build up in her eyes it was as if every word he said fueled the flame of passion that resided deep inside of her. She could feel his love radiating from him to her that sent rippling waves of pleasure down into every part of her body. Never before had she been treated in such a manner. She felt as though she where a queen and sitting in front of her was her king, majestic and wise. *what a corny fantasy * she thought, but she couldn't deny what she felt and she certainly couldn't hold the tears of joy that beckoned in the ducts of her eyes.

"Pan…I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-." He started to apologize

But Pan just thrust herself into his arms planting her face in his shirt, she didn't know what else to do, she couldn't express her feelings with words the way Zeph could. So she just let her actions speak for her. Zeph a little confused looked down at the rapturous girl in which he cradled in his arms.

He then reflected for a moment thinking *what more could I want *, then answering himself mentally *nothing, absolutely nothing * "I love you Pan", he chanted to her gently as he slowly rocked her into the everlasting serenity of slumber…

And soon after Zeph slowly lay Pan on his bed, pulled the sheets to her shoulders and kissed her on the forehead, "sleep well, my angel" Zeph then limped to a chair that was positioned in the corner, using his arms he climbed up onto the chair and peered at the clock, "10:67 P.m." he looked back down at Pan, she was so comfortable, so perfect, and watching her sleep lulled Zeph into a sedate slumber as well.

"Hey Vegita, Rai lets finish this tomorrow, it's getting late and I'm starved. "arggg, fine, damn you kakarrot and your blasted hunger.

The Z fighters and Rai made their way back home, to find Zeph and Pan in the room together,

"Aww, how sweet" Bra said to Rai as they stood together in the doorway. "That's weird I didn't know my brother was that fast"

"RAI!" Bra exclaimed

"Sorry it's just he's always been so shy", Rai said rubbing the back of his head

"So, Rai does that give you any ideas…" Bra hinted with a smile "Yeah I'm exhausted I better go to sleep too, good-night Bra", Rai said while he walked away.

"Damn…" Bra let out a sigh "o well maybe tomorrow…

Many things where accomplished today and strength and courage thriving in the hearts of the brave, but there are many things still to come. Can Rai stand up to Vegita. Can Rai possibly have the power to defeat Goku. And will Rai ever take a clue and give in to Bra's flirting, well, will just have to see, tomorrow.

A/N there hope you like and until next chapter see ya o ya almost forget time for the chapter poll.

Should I be more nice or am I fine the way I am?