+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Coma ❯ Lights Out Everyone ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When I opened my eyes, I was in a white room. It was the only color I recognized anywhere I looked. I was on a white bed, in a white gown, and still wasn't sure what was going on. There were cords hooked up to me from every direction, an oxygen mask hooked to my mouth and nose, and machines making slow, beeping sounds. I could hear telephones ringing in the distance. I didn't remember anything that would have got me in a different place, but I was sure I was in a hospital room. A girl walked in the room, she too was wearing a white uniform. She had brunette hair, and glasses with a black trim. She was holding a manila folder in her hand, writing things on it. “Excuse me, what is going on, where am I?” Or, well, at least that's what I attempted to say. It just wouldn't come out. I tried to sit up, nothing. I was too weak to do anything. I couldn't even squeeze out a few words. A few seconds after, I felt a deep pain in my sides and chest, then my legs and my arms, and then it never went away. I wanted to scream, but still nothing would come out. I closed my eyes; I couldn't hold them open any longer. I could hear the footsteps of the lady walking. Then the words came out, I can still remember her voice. “Dr. Chase, we don't have much time after this, if we are going to get it done, we have to do it now, thinking back on the last operation we can't afford any disruptions.” I heard a few more footsteps, but louder. They were walking heavier. “Beth, tell Dr. Forder to keep away any disruptions, we can't be disturbed right not, a saw to the arm isn't nearly as bad as this. Have Gordan do any emergency calls that come in after this, I'm going to be pretty occupied.” The footsteps started again. Then they stopped. Dr. Chase must have exited the room. What needed to be done? Were they talking about me? What's going on? Why am I here! I began to panic. “What? His respiration rate is changing. Dr. Chase!” I heard repeated footsteps barge into the room, they were running. “Beth check his pulse, he's still conscious, keep him up.” “Dr. Chase I think he's…” The words faded. By the time I opened my eyes, the light began to enclose to the middle of my eye. It seemed like a cloud of black fog was caving in on me. Then it went black. I heard nothing but myself in my head. The only thing that went on was my breathing. For the second time, my lights went out. Again.