+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Stop Pretending to Sleep ❯ What Brother's Are For ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stop Pretending to Sleep *part 3*
 
Kevin lead Justice down the many halls of the boarding school until they reached a spot that seemed secluded and private. Without any warning he spun Justice around so she was inside a small, unused classroom and closed the door behind them.
Kevin let go of Justice's shoulders walked over to the rows of desks and sat on top of one. “Ok, tell me everything.
Justice thought for a moment. She needed to get the words right but she was so unsure of how to tell her best friend that she was falling for Tyrone all over again.
Kevin was getting impatient “Jas. Talk to me.
Justice swallowed the lump in her throat. “You don't wanna know hun… please just trust me.
But Kevin kept trying to persuade her to confess. “Jas, it's me. You're my little sister and you're clearly upset. I just want to know what's going on so I can help. I want to help you sweetie but you have to let me.”
Justice looked at Kevin with tears in her eyes. She knew that he would be angry with her and disappointed because she said `never again' and yet there they were as it was happening again. She sighed deep and began to tell him everything, from the hallway to detention, right to the end when he called her cell phone. Kevin didn't speak for a minute. He seemed to be digesting everything. Justice decided to break the awkward silence. “You're not mad at me are you?
Kevin looked up at Justice and sighed “You still love him don't you Jas?”
Justice nodded her head.
“Well… if you believe that this time is going to be different than the last time than go for it. But if there is even the smallest doubt in your mind, I'd think it over some more. Weigh the pros and cons and make your final decision accordingly.” There was a momentary pause before Kevin spoke again, “Ok so… some of the guys are getting together to play basketball later. Are you gonna come?
Justice didn't look up from the floor, I don't know I have a lot of studying to do. Exams are coming up and I'm no where close to being ready.
Kevin smiled, “That's fine, but if you change your mind we'll be at the court around five. See yea later babe.
Kevin stood up, hugged Justice and walked away. Justice looked at the clock; it was already 4:30. She had missed both third and forth period and didn't have a teacher's permission to miss class. Without a note from a teacher there was no way she would be given any of the work she had missed. But Justice wasn't really thinking about school work, she was thinking about Ty and what had happened at the lake. She wandered the halls aimlessly for a little while eventually coming out of her own thoughts to see what was going on around her. People wearing the same t-shirt with different coloured hexagons (the colour of the hexagon indicated what House the person wearing it is in) were walking to their dorms and wandering outside. Some lucky few were actually leaving school grounds with teachers' permission.
Justice decided to head to her own dorm. She needed to study after all, exams were coming up. On the way to her dorm Justice saw people she knew, mostly guys, headed for the basketball court outside the gym wing. Some of them stopped to talk. It was all pretty typical; the usual conversations “How are you?” “Are you ready for exams? Where were you this afternoon?
Eventually the crowd thinned out and Justice finally made it to her dorm. She crawled through the portrait hole and ran right into Kevin's brother, Jason.
Jason smiled “Hey hun what's up?
“Oh nothing just going to study; are you going to play ball?
“Hell yea!” Jason laughed, gonna kick Kev's ass! We're gonna play a little game, just a few of the guys.
“Well I saw just about all the guys heading that way.
Jason didn't look at all surprised. He just shrugged his shoulders and left after giving her a quick hug. “Bye hun. Study for those exams!
Jason laughed and walked through the portrait hole. Justice looked around. Kevin had already left and she was alone. She walked up the stairs to the girl's dorms and pulled out her books to study.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*
It was well after six when Justice's cell phone rang. It was a number she didn't recognize so she ignored it but they kept calling. After about the fourth call Justice was getting curious so she answered the phone. Hello?
Jas…?
“Yes, who's this?
Jas its Craig…
Justice smiled and her voice lifted a little, “Oh hi honey what's up? Where are you calling from?
Craig's voice stayed the same, low and deep, Jas… are you sitting down?
Justice's face dropped. She knew something was wrong, “Um… ye why?
“I'm at the hospital.
There was a long pause and Craig finally spoke again. “Jas; are you there?
“Yea hun I'm here. Why are you at the hospital?! Is everything ok?!
“Not really… its Kevin…