+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Stop Pretending to Sleep ❯ Sober For A Stranger ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stop Pretending to Sleep *part 13*
 
Fists were flying everywhere. Without thinking twice Justice stepped in between Josh and Tyrone. Someone swung and punched Justice in the face full force. She went down for a minute and everything stopped. Tyrone and Josh forgot about fighting and tried to help her. Justice saw her opportunity and she took it. She wrapped a hand around each boys arm and dug her nails in, pulling herself up to her feet.
“Now both of you knock it the fuck off!” Justice yelled, still gripping their arms. “And don't touch me, I'm fine! Blaze, take Josh back to the dorms, I have to talk to Ty alone.
When Josh and Blaze hesitated to leave Justice told them she was fine and waited for them to leave. She turned around to look at Tyrone and let go of his arm.
“Just what the hell was that about? What makes you think you can come up to me and fight my friends? You don't own me!
“Justice I'm worried about you. You've changed so much. Why have you been ignoring my notes?
“What does it matter? All you care about is getting me to bed! Well you can forget it! I'll only sleep with someone I love and who loves me back and I could never love someone like you! You're nothing but a player! Fuck you!
Tyrone looked at his feet until Justice made her last comment. In the few seconds Tyrone looked at Justice and she saw only pain and an emotion she had never seen in a guys eyes before.
“Tyrone, I…
But before Justice could say any thing, he was gone. He just walked away towards the forest. She wasn't sure why but she wanted to go after him but her feet refused to take a step.
`He fought Josh, he isn't worried aboutme;itwasall part of his plan…. wasn't it?' Justice wondered.
It was all too much and she was too stoned. She just walked in the opposite direction of the forest, towards the dorms. When Justice got to her building she was glad to see everyone sleeping. She sat down on the couch in the common room and watched the fire die out. Since everyone had been asleep for awhile there were only a few burning embers left in the fireplace. Justice sat there for a couple hours just thinking about everything that had happened and wondered when it all got so out-of-hand just like every time in the past. Then she realized something. This time wasn't like all those in the past. This time she fucked up royally and didn't have Kevin or Jason to talk to any more. After the way she had been acting Justice wasn't sure if she had any one to talk to. She just walked around the common room and her dorm looking through all her hiding places and putting it all in tins and tucking them under her bed. Justice found all her booze and dumped them down the drain. She stood in the shower crying for an hour letting the water stream down over her head and face and feeling it slide down her back. After drying off in front of the now black fireplace Justice went upstairs to the male dorms and found Kevin's bed still messy and completely empty. She lay down and pulled the covers over her head and fell asleep with tears in her eyes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~
Over the next few months, Justice went to all of her classes and sold all her dope. Her old friends slowly started to forgive her and she stopped hanging out with Josh and Blaze after curfew. Justice's grades went up as the number of pills she took on a daily basis went down. Everything was slowly straitening out.
Justice was sitting in the library doing some research on WWII for her history paper when an older man walked in and started talking to Wassik, a Pakistani boy in her first period English class. The stranger was tall and thin with a fair-bit of muscle. He looked to be in his mid-40s with a full head of dark-brown, almost black hair with a few noticeable grays. He wore faded blue jeans and a blue button-up t-shirt. Justice didn't pay much attention to the man until she heard her name. It wasn't Wassik's deep voice or his slight Pakistani accent. The man walked over to Justice's table and tilted the brim of his Cleveland Indian's baseball hat up and Justice got a clear look at his eyes. They were bright emerald green with little dots and circles of blue, yellow and black… just like hers. It was like looking in a mirror. The man's eyes looked sad with deep circles under them.
“Are you Justice Gibson?” the man asked.
He had a deep southern accent (probably a Texan). She was very suspicious of this man but also a little drawn to him but didn't know why.
“That depends….” Justice replied. “What do you want with her?
“Can we go somewhere a little more private?
Justice was already suspicious of this stranger with her same eyes and hair colour but now she was more worried than before.
“No thanks… I'm fine right here.
“Please…. its very important that I speak with you privately.
“Look buddy, I don't know who you are but I said I'm fine right here. If you want someone to suck your dick behind a Wendy's don't look in the history section of a boarding school library. The adult video store is in downtown Hamilton. That's about a half-hour drive south of here. Now if you'll excuse me.”
Justice picked up her books and pretended to read. When he didn't leave she made it a point to wave to a group of guys from the basketball team walking through the door.
“Ok… you don't trust me and I don't blame you. I wouldn't trust a strange Texan in England either but it is very important that you hear me out.
When Justice didn't make a move he continued.
“Well, I didn't want to do it this way but…. my name is Bill Bradford. Justice…. I'm your father.