+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Stop Pretending to Sleep ❯ Meeting Daddy ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stop Pretending to Sleep *part 14*
 
“Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?” Justice exclaimed angrily.
“Justice, please…” Bill begged. “Don't make a scene.
“A scene? You've never seen someone make a scene like I can! I don't know who you think you are pal but you are not my father!
Before the man claiming to be her biological father could speak again Justice grabbed her purse and walked out of the library. Bill followed Justice out to the school grounds. Bill caught up to her quickly and grabbed her arm lightly to stop her.
How could you? How could you do this to me? I was just a kid! What's wrong with you? You walk out on me and disappear for fifteen fucking years and then all of a sudden you show up out of no where and what do you expect? For me to welcome you into my life with open fucking arms?” Tears began to form behind her eyes.
Justice, please! You don't understand! I've been trying to find you for so long. I had to convince my wife that it was a good idea and…”
Ok so why do you want back in my life now? You have a whole other life now. You just said you have a new wife. Or were you planning on leaving her too?” Justice was furious. Thinking back on all the years her father had taken away from her.
Bill could see he wasn't going to get any where right then he stated walking towards the visitor parking lot.
Yea, that's it, just walk away! It's what you're good at! I ain't seen nothing but your back since I was two years old!
Bill stopped and slowly turned to face Justice again. She saw the deep hurt in his eyes but couldn't stop herself from saying more.
“What's the matter `dad'? Did I hit a nerve? Good. Does it hurt, Bill? Knowing that you ruined my life? That you walked out on the best thing you could've had? I hope it does. I hope this hurts you! Maybe you'll think twice before impregnating any more of your girlfriends cause you want a free-ride! What was so bad about being a dad, huh? You obviously wanted me. You're the one who planned me, not mom! Then what? You saw me and decided I wasn't good enough?
Bill looked at the ground and shook his head. He started to say something but Justice cut him off.
Don't shake your head at me! I don't give a shit if that's what you were thinking or not! That's how I felt! That's what I grew up believing! I went my whole life feeling worthless! Cause `daddy' didn't want me. Do you have any idea what it's like growing up with a man you hardly know? Calling him `dad'? I had to live with him! I had to live by his rules and treat him like a father cause he's the only one who stepped up when I needed him. Cause you wouldn't. Cause you didn't feel like it. I hated him for so long. I resented him. I blamed mom for the longest time; when I got sick of blaming myself. I blamed everyone except the one person I should have been blaming. You. It was all you. You're fault!
Bill made a step closer to her but Justice backed up and put her hand out as if to stop him from moving closer.
Don't come near me! I was just a child! Damnit, Bill, does that mean nothing to you? You never even gave me a chance! I don't remember anything from my past that involves you except for mom. She drank because of you. She would go out and get plastered with her friends and play poker. Then she'd come home smelling like whiskey and beer and bitch about you for hours! Then I'd have to take care of her after she passed out, with her words in my ears. “Daddy doesn't love you.” “Daddy hates us.” “Daddy's never coming back.”
Justice turned around because she didn't want Bill to see the tears in her eyes. He just reached in his pocket and wrote something on a little card then placed it on the ground by her feet.
I have to go to New York in a couple of weeks then back to Dallas. I'm staying at the Hagersville Inn. My cell phone number and my room number are on the card. I'd really like it if you came to see me. Maybe we can talk when you've had some time to sort everything out. Call me any time.
Justice waited for a few moments before picking up the card Bill left on the ground. On the card were the words `Bill Bradford, Bradford Publishing Co.'