.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kinshi ❯ Kaze Kashu ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I deleted all my other stories because I decided I should go one at a time. I'm sorry for all those who read my other stories and liked them. Gomen.

 

Chapter One: Kaze Kashu

 

A brown haired girl gasped as a strange light veiled her body. The girl looked no older than twelve; her dirty brown hair was placed in a ponytail atop her head, her hazel eyes wide in amazement. She felt warm and safe, yet at the same time, pain ran through her body. White angelic wings sprouted from her back and her body began to change form. She cried out in pain and then disappeared. A single white feather floated slowly to the ground, and then it too disappeared. Two parents gasped eyes wide in fear, as they watched their only daughter escape from their sight.

~

 

Mori ran swiftly up flights of steps, trees looming and moaning above her. Beside her, a short black haired girl, Juni Gatsu, ran as well. Both with an inhuman speed, they ran restlessly. Suddenly, Mori collapsed on the ground, giggles escaped her mouth. Juni Gatsu sighed.

 

"Why are you laughing, Mori?" She asked, amazed at her friends sudden giggling.

 

"My stomach tickles from all the running! I have not exercised in so long!" The girl answered. She stopped and stood up; one last giggle escaped her mouth as she started a walking pace. Juni Gatsu ran up beside her.

 

"Mori-san," the hazel eyes girl started, "I hope this does not end up like it did last time."

 

The once giggling girl lost the happy look I her eyes, now replaced by grief and sadness. Her eyes clouded, as she stated to remember things, hurtful actions and words. "It was a misunderstanding."

 

"I know, but-"

 

"Everything has gone from bad, to worse," Mori finished the sentence. "Do you remember?" More asked as she looked up into the bright blue sky. Juni Gatsu sent her a questioning glance.

 

"Do you remember when we were at that place? That hell?"

 

"How, can I forget? But Mori, you should not dwell on the past."

 

Mori continued to gaze at the sky, cold air kissed her exposed shoulders. She brought her face down and closed her deep hazel eyes as she walked. I remember...

 

Warm, salty tears ran freely from the young girls face. She was eleven. She cried desperately, wanting some to hear her. "I am nothing. No one care," she cried out from the back corner of the bathroom. She wiped her nose and started to cry harder. A bit of hatred for people and herself seemed laced in her lovely voice. Sadness echoed through the stalls.

 

Soon, to other girls came in. The comforted the young girl. Though she could see clearly. They did not care about her. They where some of the people that hurther. Not physically, but mentally. She stopped crying and left the bathroom with the two fakes, her eyes still red and puffy from crying.

 

Mori chuckled bitterly. "I am so glad, that we never have to go back there again. I would not be able to bear it." The two walked in silence the rest of the way. Both thinking. Their pasts were bad. Their presents, worse. And their futures, most likely, worst. Soon, the two wandering girls grew tired, but the girls did not stop. The cold winds kissed their flesh and tickled their noses.

 

"It would be nice to have Kaze around," Mori muttered softly.

 

"I agree. But, I think she is too busy looking for Jin," Juni Gatsu smiled. Both girls knew very well that Kaze was practically in love with the wind master. Both hoped that she would not scare him off though, since they had never met. Mori sighed; I suppose that is the problem with being from different dimensions.

 

Mori's eyes widened in relief as she spoke happily, "Juni-san! Look! It is the temple!" Both girls happily ran at normal human speed to the door of the beautiful temple. Mori knocked gently. No one came. Her partner sweat dropped.

 

"Do not knock that quietly! Baka na!" Juni Gatsu then knocked harder. Both moved away from the door as an elderly woman answered the door. Her eyes boring into the two teenagers.

 

"Excuse me miss, but we where wondering if-"Mori was cut off as the woman's scratchy voice spoke up.

 

"You wanted to train? Gomen, but I do not train people anymore."

 

"Um, iie. Actually, we wanted a place to stay," Mori stated happily. The old woman's eye twitched.

 

"Fine. Might as well. Although, you do have spiritual powers since you walked through my barrier. My name is Genkai, by the way. Oh well," the old woman sighed. "Follow me." Both girls kicked off their shoes and walked into her well furnished home. They walked through twists and turns, Genkai pointing out the important rooms. "What did you say your names were again?" She asked.

 

"Oh! How impolite of us Genkai-sama! My name is Mori and this is Juni Gatsu."

 

"Have you no last names, child?" Genkai asked.

 

"No, Genkai-sama. We decided to some here to start anew and we totally forgot about last names," Mori blushed. Genkai sighed when they heard a knock.

 

"I will be right back. Go to the dinning room and make yourselves comfortable. Dinner will be ready in a minute," Genkai spoke. Juni Gatsu and Mori nodded, smiles plastered on their faces. Both walked down the opposite hallway that Genkai was heading. Soon, they reached the dinning room. They both sat down on two mats at the table. Mori sighed as her hair touched the floor. I feel so weird having my hair this long. Juni-san is so lucky that her hair stayed the same.

 

Genkai walked into the room. Five others accompanying her. Mori smiled at the faces. "Konnichiwa!" Mori said happily.

 

"Mori, Juni Gatsu, meet Botan, Shuuichi, Hiei, Kuwabara, and the Dimwit," Genkai said as she sat down at the head of the table.

 

"Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu," Mori and Juni Gatsu said. Yusuke and the others nodded, (well, Hiei actually hned and glared at the girls) as they went to site down on the mats around the table. Botan talked rapidly to Mori, who was starting to get a headache. The food came out soon and Juni Gatsu started eating like crazy, along with Yusuke and Kuwabara. Botan and Shuuichi ate politely and slowly. While Hiei and Mori barely touched there food. Mori barely entered a conversation and Hiei (Who was sitting right next to the young girl) was giving her suspicious glares.

 

"Hiei," Mori started, "would you please stop glaring at me like that. It is not as if I am going to kill everyone." At the word "kill" everyone looked at Mori. She started to blush feverishly.

 

"How do we know that, baka na ningen onna?" She sighed.

 

"May I be excused?" she asked. Genkai nodded as everyone watched her leave. Juni Gatsu sighed.

 

"I might as well go too," the girl replied, "May I?" Genkai nodded a second time. The room was very quiet as she left as well.

 

"Hiei, did you have to glare at her the whole time?" Botan asked sadly.

 

"Hn, I do not trust them," was all he said as he disappeared. The others continued their dinner in silence. That is until, Yusuke started a food fight.

 

~

 

Mori sighed sadly as she entered her room. The walls where white rise paper. The dresser was made out of oak wood and it had an oak desk by it. Mori laid out her futon and changed into a sleeping yukata (sp?). She looked up at the ceiling, a bored look in her eyes. Her gazed shifted to her backpack that was sitting right beside her, paper, pencils, pens, and colors where spilling out of the middle pocket. Mori stood up and picked up the art supplies. She laid them on the top of the desk and sat down in a chair. She started to draw. First, she drew herself. She was wearing a beautiful kimono. It was black with blood red cherry blossoms scattered across the dress. Her hair was loose, unlike its usual low ponytail, (which looked like Kikyo's from Inuyasha) her eyes holding a seduced look.

 

She then drew Hiei, his arms wrapped around her possessively. She blushed about one hundred shades of red. She tucked the picture in one of the drawers of the desk. Still blushing, she walked over to the back door of her room which led to a porch type thing. Only in fairytales, she thought sadly, Oh well. Maybe I should exercise my vocal cords. She thought as she began to sing.

 

Fly me to the moon,

And let me play among the stars,

Let see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars,

In other words, hold my hands!

In other words, darling, kiss me.

 

Fill my heart with song,

And let me sing forever more.

You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

In other words, please be true!

In other words, I love you!

 

Mori did not notice the other two residents and five visitors come out and watch her sing.

 

 

Fly me to the moon,

And let me play among the stars,

Let see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars,

In other words, hold my hands!

In other words, darling, kiss me.

 

Fill my heart with song,

And let me sing forever more.

You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

In other words, please be true!

In other words, I love you!

 

Mori finished singing. The wind echoing the melody of her voice. She heard clapping. She looked around to see everyone clapping and grinning. Well, almost everyone, Hiei was in a tree glaring at her. Mori frowned, but then but on a fake smile when Botan started to congratulate her. She looked back up at the tree, only to find Hiei gone. Mori put back on a smile when everyone started to congratulate her again.

 

Juni Gatsu and Mori. Their pasts bad, their present worse, their future, it was about to get worse. Much worse.