.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ An Unbreakable Spell ❯ All Alone ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer I wish I owned .hackSIGN...
A/N: I was trying to think of what to write next in my other fanfic, Under the Glass Moon, but I got stuck. Then this new idea came while I was looking at a cute lil' pic of Subaru & Tsukasa in a magazine. . I know I should be updating UTGM, but I couldn't help it! Forgive me... Well, this f.f. is also: AU, Tsukasa/Subaru, & in the real world (so it's the characters not the players).

An Unbreakable Spell by Lonely Soul
Prologue: All Alone

((Subaru's POV))

Kurim was wrong. This place wasn't what I had expected it to be. It was a huge city with lights glowing and flashing all day and all night and crowds of busy people always roaming through the streets. It just seemed very strange to me because I've never lived in a big city before, and I don't like to be around so many people.

Kurim is my older brother and he thought moving to a new place would be fun because I could meet different types of people and that could probably help me break out of my shell. I'm not so sure about that... I have always been nervous and quiet around people ever since I was a little kid. Usually, I just tend to keep to myself because I don't want anyone bothering me.

Well, now that I'm going to this new high school, what makes Kurim think that I'll suddenly change? I mean, we moved here eight months ago, and I've started school but I haven't made any friends. And changing is not something you can do in one day because changing takes time and I hate changes. I wish things could go back to the way they were before. Before our parents died in that accident four years ago. Back when we were all together and... happy. I try not the think about that day when they were gone from our lives forever or I'll just end up crying and not be able to stop. I think by my parents dying the shell inside me became even more unbreakable, and I don’t let anyone in. Except Kurim because he’s my only family and the only one who truly understands me. But, I don't tell him everything that happens in my life because it's just my own little secret, and I don't want him to know how sad and lonely I get sometimes.

At school, no one likes me especially the girls. They ignore me, which I'm okay with, but they talk about me behind my back. Always whispering and thinking I could never hear them. But I can. They call me a weirdo and other names just because I don't talk to anyone. What's so wrong with being quiet? I'm not bothering them, so why should they care? I want to ask them all these questions and tell them how stupid they are being, but I don't say anything to them. I just pretend I never hear what they say and go on with my schoolwork. When it's lunchtime, I go outside and sit under one of the many cherry blossom trees by myself in the schoolyard. That's my favorite part of school because it's the only time I can be alone and get away from all the gossiping I hear from my so-called classmates.

After the school day ends, I have to ride the bus home. I hate the bus. It's always so loud and packed with people. There are some kids from my school who ride the same bus as me, but since none of them are in my grade, they don't know me which I'm really relieved about. I don't need more troubles than I already have.

I feel a whole lot better when I get home. I'm finally away from the outside world, and I can act myself without anyone complaining. There's nobody from school to bug me, and whenever Kurim is not at work or school, he's there and he always seems to make me laugh or smile, even if I had a terrible day at school. Kurim is just the best brother anybody could have.

When I lay in bed at night, I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if our parents didn't die and if I wasn't so quiet around people. Would I be happy? I think I'll be happy, but everything happens for a reason so maybe me being how I am would cause something good to happen for me. I don't think I'll ever find my happiness, but I have always hoped that some day soon something or someone would come into my life who would change me forever or at least bring me happiness. It probably won't happen, but it's good to dream anyway.

To be continued...

A/N: Was it okay? I hope no one's confused or anything. It's a little depressing, isn't it? I know it's short but this chapter was only for Subaru to talk about how she feels and how her life is like. The next chapter will hopefully be longer and about a new transfer student who comes into Subaru's class. Guess who it is? heh I hope someone out there finds this story interesting and reviews! Bye!