.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ En Nou Kaimu ❯ "What did you say to him?" ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-Disclamer: Of course, I don't own .hack//SIGN, and if I did it wouldn't be nearly as good as it is already.









SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER: I know Tsukasa is a girl, but this occurs before they figure it out.













< br>
"What was that?" asked Mimiru. She looked over her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" asked Bear.

"It's nothing," said Mimiru. "I thought I heard something."

She slid down from her place on the ruins. They stood in abandoned church grounds, looking for a fight. "You said this place was haunted, right?" She smiled and leaned up against a broken pillar.

"Why?" he asked. "Are you scared?"

"Duh, of course not," she said. She rolled her eyes and faced the other way. "It's just a game. Why would I be scared?" Bear was about to answer, but he heard the familiar tone. He had an email.

"I have to log off for a while," he said. She turned around to face him.

"Why? What's the matter?" she asked. He didn't answer. "I said what's the matter?"

"It's Sora," said Bear.

"What about him?" she asked.

"I made a deal with him," he replied. "It involves Tsukasa. He told me he knew how to reach him in the real world."

"Well... What did you say to him?" Mimiru asked excitedly.

"I agreed to meet him tomorrow," said Bear. "I'm hoping it's not some kind of hoax. I don't feel like dying today."

He suddenly left and Mimiru let out a groan. "Wait..." she said quietly. She looked around. "Don't just leave me here..." She decided to log off herself, but then she really did hear a noise behind her, readied her sword, and turned around quickly. It was Tsukasa.

"Tsukasa..." Mimiru almost whispered. She lowered her sword and walked toward him, but he stepped back a bit and turned away from her. "Hey, what's the matter with you?" she asked.

"I had a bad dream last night..." he said.

"You can dream?" she asked.

He said nothing and faced her again, his eyes fixed on the ground. "I'm scared," he said. "I'm scared... Because I think something is going to happen to me."

"In my dream... Everyone was talking to me, and I didn't know what they were saying. I didn't know because I wasn't listening. I was thinking about what was happening to me. Because I was falling. And I kept falling..."

"Tsukasa," she said. "Are you okay?" She stepped toward him again, but he used his sprite ocarina and left her there. "Fine! Just leave!"

She turned around and decided she would try to fight on her own. She didn't need anybody else. She definetely didn't need Tsukasa.