.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ hackRESOLUTION ❯ Tearfade's Bad News ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Enter "The World"?

/Yes.

Please enter your name and your characters name below.

User: T.K. Yiminoty

Character: Umi

Character Development Phase... Please wait.

Character Class Selection: Heavy Blade, Blade Master, Wavemaster, Twin Blade, Long Arm, or Heavy Axeman? /Wavemaster

Character Sprite Description: Light Sky Blue hair, shoulder length, misty purple eyes. Purple tunic. Green long sleeve shirt under first tunic. Fingerless gloves.

Is this acceptable?

/Yes.

Thank you for registering T.K. Yiminoty.

Are you ready to play "The World"?

/Yes.

Logging in Phase… Welcome to "The World"!

*Delta*
*Aqua Capitol*
*Mac Anu*
March 04, 2010
8:23 A.M.

Yellow rings came out of thin air and fell to revile Umi's body. His staff was a simple long rod with a purple orb on the top.
"So, this is 'The World'! Its amazing!" He said breathlessly.
"It better be," said a voice from behind him," I paid $100 to play and paying $20 a month to continue playing!"
He turned to see a Heavy Blade, around his age was there. She had long, floor length pink hair, metal top that strapped in the back, and a mini-skirt.
"You know, that's rude. You should introduce yourself before you talk to someone."
"Oh, sorry. Man you're uptight. My character's name is FireRaven."
"I'm Umi. If you'll excuse me, I'm meeting a friend here."
"Really? What's his name? His character name of course."
"TearFade."
"Oh...I've got bad news. His friend told me to give ...I guess you this message. Well, uh, have you heard of those players going comatose...well. Your friend has joined them."
Umi fell back in surprise. He tripped, tumbled backwards down the stairs and rolled until he hit the bridge. FireRaven came running to help him up. When she arrived, he was crying.
"Umi...are, you ok?" FireRaven said softly.
"He was my best friend," Umi choked," He was fine yesterday at school! How could it have happened?!"
"Well, his friend, the one who told me to give you the message, his name was Deri, said that he was with him. Near the end of one of the dungeons..."
"What words?"
"Excuse me?"
"What were the Keywords?"
"I'm not sure...But he said at the end, instead of treasure, they were warped to a hunk of rock with yellow lights going down the middle. Then a young girl with a long white dress was floating there. Then a monster with a red wand came and lifted his hand. Your friend was then lifted and posted to his wand. This bracelet thing went around the monsters wrist and then your friend had all these shapes floating around him, then he fell and exploded. At least, that's what I heard."
Umi then got up and sat down.
"I'm sorry, Umi." FireRaven said handed out her hand to offer to help him up. Umi took her hand and was lifted to his feet.
"I've got to bring him back. I've got to help him. I've got to."
"I know it's none of my business, but, I want to help you. I have an excellent tracing program on my computer. And my personality is perfect for getting information out of people." FireRaven said with a smile.
"Thanks...Oh! If we're gonna do this, we're probably gonna be on the computer, in this game, and I'm Lv. 1!"
"True. I'm not that strong either. Lv. 1. Oh, I know the perfect Keywords!"
"What are they?"
"Blossoming Sage's Mirror World." Lv.2. We're sure to level up! It's not much but it's a start! Now, I'll give you my member address. Know what those are?"
"Mm-hmm. I read the manual."
"OK! Here's my Member address!"

Character FireRaven offers his/her Member Address. Accept? /Yes.

"There we go!" FireRaven said.
Umi added FireRaven to his party and they approached the Chaos Gate.
"Blossoming Sage's Mirror!" Umi said. Then rings moved from the ground to Umi's height as the party vanished.