.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Of Friendship ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Friendship Chapter 5

~*~

A/N: Welcome back! As I said before, this is the start of episode two! It might not take as long to finish, but I'm going to go offline a bit more this time. At least in this chapter I am! I know I stopped abruptly last chapter, but oh well. I think, if you've watched the show, you know what happened!

~*~

Disclaimer: Nothing has changed. Nothing. Zip, zero, nada!

~*~

"Mom, may some of my friends come over?"

"They're probably already on their way, though I guess so."

"Yeah, well tell them when they get here to come to my room. I have some business I need to take care of!"

Teria walked back to her room without another word. She turned on her computer and placed her headset on. Logging in, she found an e-mail from Subaru.

`Reisa,

Silver Knight has just awoken from a coma and has amnesia, or so I heard. Please come to Mac Anu as soon as you get this.

Subaru'

Teria frowned. She heard a doorbell, and figured that at least one of her friends was there. That meant she'd have to hurry up.

Logging in, she didn't even bother to read the BBS. When she logged in, she switched over to Mac Anu and ran to find Subaru and the knights in the crowd.

"Lady Reisa, over here!" Subaru called.

Teria ran down and got onto the boat. Her first time on a virtual boat. It felt weird. She could hear in the background her mom and someone talking.

"Have you heard anything from Silver Knight lately?" Teria asked.

"No, he isn't logged on right now, my lady," one of the knights said, causing Teria and Subaru to sigh.

"Lady Subaru, I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but Silver Knight..."

Subaru turned around to face the knight. Teria looked at him as well.

"Yes, please continue."

"Silver Knight was very fond of you. As a knight, I think he felt a rivalry towards Crim."

The boat they were on came to a stop, and Subaru stepped down to where Teria was standing.

"You are dismissed. Reisa, do you have a chance to talk for a moment?" Subaru asked.

Hearing voices in background, she knew she didn't have much time.

"I don't have much time. Some of my friends are here, including Reyla and Sheina. That's why they aren't logged in right now. I was just wondering... Who's this Crim?"

Subaru stepped off of the boat, as did Reisa. They walked over to the Chaos Gate.

"Crim... Crim was one of the founders of the Silver Knights. He helped me become who I am. But, he left the knights a few weeks ago."

She felt a tap on her shoulder and realized it was her friends.

"Hey Subaru, I gotta go. I'll see you later or something!"

Teria logged out. This time, she decided to check the BBS. There was a message there about Silver Knight.

`Silver Knight of the Crimson Knights in the Hospital

Posted By: Salo

Yesterday, Silver Knight got in an encounter with a wavemaster called Tsukasa. There were two eyewitnesses, but they refuse to speak. Silver Knight was found at his terminal monitor yesterday afternoon in a coma. He woke later that day with amnesia.'

Teria glared at it, but logged out of it. She saved it on her desktop and turned the game off. Taking off her helmet, she stared at the blank screen.

"Teria?" asked a male voice.

"Derek! Don't SCARE me like that!" Teria said.

"About time you got off, girl!"

"Reyla, Sheina, can I ask you something?"

"What?" the two asked.

Getting up from her seat at the desk, she crossed her room to where the two were.

"You told Subaru and myself that you saw Silver Knight get killed. I just read a post on the board there, posted by one of the knights. It said there were two eyewitnesses who saw this Tsukasa kill him, but they won't talk."

"Yeah, those two are us. Actually, it's just because we haven't signed in today," Sheina said, shrugging.

Another boy, about 5'5" tall, with messy red hair walked over to them. "You mean, you two are the witnesses?"

Reyla and Sheina nodded.

"Cody, you mean you play it too?"

"Uh-huh. You were the last of our group to actually get that game. There's also been a rumor spreading that another female heavy axeman has been seen with Lady Subaru."

Teria blushed a deep crimson red. Five of her friends were there, and this definitely wasn't the way she wanted to tell them.

"Cody, Derek... Savanna... and especially Reyla and Sheina..."

"What?" the five of them asked together. This only caused Teria to blush even more.

"Yesterday... I was asked by Subaru to join the knights... and I accepted..." Teria muttered.

They all glared at her, and there were a few mumblings of `I can't believe it' with the girls.

"I knew something was up yesterday when I saw you with Lady Subaru, and with Lord Balmung and Lord Orca!" Sheina exclaimed. "Why are you so embarrassed Teria? There's nothing wrong with that!"

"Really?" Teria asked, looking at Sheina.

"Really!" Reyla replied. "I guess that stuff I gave you will help."

There was a beeping noise and they all looked at Teria's computer.

"Looks like someone's got a message. Hey, how about we all meet up in about ten minutes? In Dun Loireag?" Derek suggested.

"Wait, can Teria even access Dun Loireag?" Savanna asked, brushing back a stranding of bushy chocolate-brown hair.

"Yeah, I can," Teria replied. "Oh, and in The World, call me Reisa. That's my name. Did any of you change your names?"

They all shook their heads no.

"See you then!" Sheina said, and herded her friends out.

Teria heard them left, and went back to her terminal. Putting her VA helmet back on, she logged back in.

`New mail.' She selected the Mail option and saw that she had one from Orca.

`Lady Reisa,

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. You seem like a great person, but you seem unsure. Meet me in Dun Loireag today so we can talk. Balmung won't be there.

Orca'

Teria smiled as she close out her e-mail. Logging in, she switched over to Dun Loireag. Not finding Orca there yet, but she did find someone that she knew there.

"Bear! BT!" Teria called to them.

They looked up as she ran towards them.

"Hey you two! What are you doing here?"

"Just talking. I got... killed... earlier. I lost a HOUR of my hard work!"

Teria frowned as she looked at BT, vaguely remembering she'd promise to meet with all her friends. And with Orca.

"Who did it?" Teria asked BT.

"I think his name is Sora. On top of THAT, he left his stupid member address for me!"

Teria laughed, and Bear smiled. "Hold onto that. It'll serve as a reminder to not wander off on your own again. Wait, there's someone else in the world I'm worried about..."

"Who?" BT and Teria asked together.

Bear frowned as he said it. "Mimiru. Reisa, can you call her?"

"Sure, hold on just a minute!" Teria exclaimed, and sent a quick message to Mimiru. She quickly got a reply of `I'll be right there!'.

They heard someone log in and Teria looked around. Reyla and soon after, Sheina logged in. They were followed by three other people logging in.

"Hey you guys!" Teria called.

"Hey Reisa. Here's Cody, Derek, and Savanna's characters!" Sheina exclaimed.

Teria examined her friend's characters. Cody and Derek were both Long Arms with open shirts showing their bare stomachs. Only thing that separated them was the colors. Cody was wearing Red, and Derek was wearing Black. Savanna was a Twin Blade that had a short skirt on. That was blue. Savanna twirled one of her blades around.

"Hey!" Teria said to them.

"Oh look, there's Lord Orca!" Reyla exclaimed.

They all looked around to see Orca approaching them. Teria broke out of the pack to meet him.

"Hi there. I got your e-mail!" Teria exclaimed. "But can you hold on for just a minute? I'm expecting someone."

"No problem."

A heavy blade logged in at that moment and Mimiru joined them.

"You know, the Crimson Knights spotted the wavemaster Tsukasa earlier today. However, they let him slip away," Bear sighed.

"Are you telling me that the Crimson Knights let him slip away!?" Mimiru exclaimed.

Teria got a message from Orca at that moment with all the details, so she intervened on the conversation.

"They saw him warp in Mac Anu. He has yet to return though," Teria exclaimed.

Mimiru glared at her with a look in her eye that said loud and clear, `How did you know?'

~*~

A/N: I got a little out of control there. Definitely wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. Next chapter I'm going to have Teria and Orca on an adventure, and then I think I'll have Teria join Mimiru and Bear. Oh, I don't know!

Just review already!