6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6TEEN: Attack of the Zombites (Or) Nebula's Big Mistake ❯ The Goths plan to quit ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Wilson and Lindsey tried over and over to get the radio working, but… “I guess it's no good. Seven sonic compensator's are damaged. There's not enough power to even reach a mile!”
 
“But, I need water!”
 
“Oh, for Pete-sake Lindsey quit moaning!” replied Wilson. “Now let's try to think on this. We have enough gas to go around 30 miles… Which way do you want to go?”
 
“That's a fool question!” said Lindsey, “All ways there's nothing but stretches of outback.”
 
“Yeah… but the maps indicate that they have wells in this outback, with drinking water, and I just found us one… 25 miles due north.”
 
“Twenty-five miles! Say, we can make it.”
 
“Yeah, let's go… and keep working on the radio.” And with that, he started the engine, and away they went.
 
Meanwhile, at Caitlin's
 
Nebula was outside pondering over all her happy memories with Jude, and all the fun things they did together. Back when she was, Star.
 
They loved skating, and skateboarding. Jude was helpful to her when she came up with new Dishes for Vegan Island.
 
But her fondest and most cherished one of all was when they played Fish Tank Theater at Hiro's Sushi place.
 
She remembered Jude's sweet words to her so well, that she gazed down at the two small rock by her feet and pretended they were the fish, and she did all the words herself.
 
 
“I suppose it is better to have loved a blue fish, than not to have loved any fish at all!”
 
“I know there are a lot of finned friends in the ocean, Princess, but I only have bulgy eyes for you. Can you find it in your scaly heart to forgive a Jerk-fish like me?”
 
Nebula slowly moved the rocks close as if they were sharing a kiss. Two of her tears fell on the rock that resembled Jude.
 
She came back down to Earth when she heard the soft sound of clapping behind her, it was the Goths, and they heard everything, and enough.
 
“You really do love him, don't you, Nebula.” Said GB-one, and Nebula nodded with a kitty-cat expression in her eyes.
 
Jude was like, the rockiest dude she ever met, and she never thought she'd meet anyone like her. To be honest, she wasn't so sure breaking up with him was the right thing anymore.
 
GB-two sat down next to her, “Listen, we have all been doing some thinking.” He said. “We're thinking of quitting the Dark side!”
 
Did Nebula just hear him right? Did he just say all the others were going to quit being Goths and return to their normal lives?
 
GG-one nodded in agreement. “The Dark Spirits also have compassion. So it really won't be so bad.” She said.
 
The main reason they wanted to quit was because of the Zombites. They didn't want to have anything that dealt with, or resembled those freaks… and being a different kind of Goth was no excuse.
 
The other real reason was, they had been keeping a close eye on Nebula ever since she broke up with Jude, and not a single day went by that she didn't stop and think about him.
 
They were considering of letting her go on their own, but now, they began to realize how much they missed their former lives… and even their special someone's.
 
“My girlfriend and I were ready to go all steady…” said GB-one, “Until she moved away to Europe on business with her folks.”
 
GG-one started of into the sky. “I know what you mean… I miss my old boyfriend too.”
 
“I never had a girlfriend before…” said GB-two, “But I'd do anything just to have a chance for a chance to try.”
 
Nebula really wanted to protest to this, but then again, they were right. Even if she got to try new things and expand her views… what was the point of having it all without that special someone.
 
…Jude!
 
It was decided. After the Zombites were defeated, they would quit their Goth ways and return to their former lives. The best way to start was the others could start calling Nebula, Star once again.
 
Meanwhile, inside...
 
Jonsey and Jen were watching TV on the sofa, who knew they actually liked the same action show.
 
Suddenly, the show cut out. “Hey…!” cried Jonsey. “What's the big idea, man!”
 
“I know…” added Jen, “They were just getting to the good part.”
 
“We interrupt this program to bring you an important bulletin.” Said the news guy. “As of this moment, 30 minutes ago, the expedition lead by explorer, Wilson Garcia, has ceased transmission.”
 
Jonsey and Jen's eyes lit up. “Wilson Garcia… that's my Grandfather.”
 
“Hey, he's my Step-Grandfather too.” Said Jen.
 
“What's all the racquet about.” Said Nikki as she and the others came into the room.
 
Jen told them about Wilson, he was on an expedition in the outback to locate the Lost Cave of Banditry.
 
“Cave of Banditry… what's that?” asked Wyatt.
 
Jonsey told them that his grandfather, Wilson told him a story a long time ago of an old abandoned Caveman's cave somewhere in the outback.
 
It was a place were thieves and bandit's hid out and kept all the goods and treasures they stole.
 
The bandits were all captured and put to death, but their lost cave and all the goods the stole still remains undiscovered today.
 
“Gramps and his team are only a handful of people that say the cave really exists, but others say it was only mirage, and that the whole thing was just a story.”
 
The others didn't know what to believe, but when Jonsey told them that the news said his Grandfather was in trouble, they weren't sure of what to do.
 
“I'll try calling his cell-phone, he always carries it.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The truck ride was so bumpy, he couldn't feel his cell-phone vibrating, and he forgot to put it on ring.
 
“It's no good…” cried Lindsey, “The radio's beyond repair. It just won't work.”
 
“Never mind about that now…” said Wilson, “Look up ahead!”
 
There up in the distance was a well. “The Drinking well!” cried Lindsey, “You found it… By-Jingle Wilson, you found it!”
 
Lindsey was really looking forward to his long drink. “I'm going to drink that well dry!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha… not without me you're not!” replied Wilson. The moment he stopped the truck and ran up to the well. “Lindsey… Take a real hard blasted look at this well!” he said sounding disgusted.
 
“What… I don't see anything wrong.” Said Lindsey. “Just the well, a few cactuses, and--!” there was no water in the well at all. From the looks of it, it had been completely dry for months.
 
“Nothing! No water!”
 
“No… no it can't be! There's got to be water some water.” Cried Lindsey. “Wilson, you got to do something. This heat… I'll go crazy!!”
 
“Take it easy, Lindsey.” Said Wilson. “I just remembered, I've got my cell-phone on me.”
 
“But who can you possibly call? Were almost 100 miles in the middle of nowhere!”
 
“Take it easy, I don't have to call anyone.” Said Wilson, “I just got a message from my Grand-boy, Jonsey. I sent him the coordinates, and he said he'll bring help.”
 
“Well… that's a relief.” Said Lindsey, “I just hope he gets here soon!”
 
Inside a secret, location
 
Dark Specter was spying on the two men with his computer. “Judas has already taken his place.” He said wickedly.
 
“I hope our guests enjoy there short stay. Heh, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!”