6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Artist formerly known as Mykan ❯ Let it out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
A few days had passed, and the talent show was coming. All those nights past, I had the same nightmare, again and again. This prompted me to make a little video to add to the song I was going to sing at the talent show that afternoon, but I still wasn't feeling too sure about this.
Especially when I learned that Amelie was going to be in the audience too. Did I really want her to see the video and hear my music? What if it embarrassed her? I was so lost in my thoughts as I walked through the mall, I didn't see Jude coming at me. “Whoa… Dude…!” he called. I snapped out of my trance and leapt up onto a bench out of the way. Jude whizzed by and crashed into one of the plants. Starr came running down the way, and we both helped him up. Jude was surprisingly okay. “I've crashed a lot of times… after a few hundred bruises you just shun out the pain.”
“He's right…” Starr agreed. “It's a well known fact that the human anatomy can shun pain during moments of impact on a repeated scale of one to a-hundred.”
I raised an eyebrow at her nerdy-talk. “Yeah-- I've gotta go. Need to add the finishing touched on the video before the show.”
As Jude got up, Starr was still gazing at me as I walked down the mall. “You okay bra?” he asked.
His girlfriend replied she could sense something was wrong with me. “Look at the way he's walking.” she pointed out. My head was slightly tilted, my legs swayed to the side a bit as I walked, and I was twitching my fingers. “It all points to one thing.” Starr said. “Mykan is experiencing a secretive pathological period of irritation and suffering.”
“Huh?”
Starr tipped her glasses, “Something's bothering him.”
“Oh.”
As much as Jude wanted to know what it was, he had to practice some more.
They weren't the only ones to notice…
The others met at the lemon for a quick break before the show. “Has anyone noticed something?” Nikki asked. Jonesy sat with his arms crossed. “All I noticed is that I got fired because the head-usher who got hired before me came back. So much for that…”
Nikki put her hand to her head in dismay. “I mean… has anyone noticed something about Mykan and the way he's been acting?”
“Now that you mention it…” said Wyatt, “He has been acting a little weird and it happens whenever we mention the talent show.”
“He even looks like he hasn't been sleeping well either.” added Jen.
Caitlin had a feeling, “You think something's bothering him again?”
It was possible. That's what everyone thought, knowing fully well that under my tough-guy exterior I was still an emotionally tortured guy, passionate and sensitive. “Nah… what's the guy got to be upset about now?” Jonesy wondered aloud. “He's got all of us. He's got the hottest babe in the mall…”
At that point Nikki gently kicked his shin. “Ah! I mean… I've got the hottest chick in the mall.”
Nikki smirked and snuggled into his arms. “That's better.” Jonesy pecked his girlfriend on the head. Regardless, Wyatt reminded everyone that I still didn't have a much of a family. Mother dead, father locked up, and my brother traveling with his wife on business. “Maybe he's feeling a little down about that?”
They didn't have time to go ask me, The show was in less than thirty minutes. They all decided to head on over, and they met up with me on the way, sadly only Wyatt and Jude were able to talk to me, as the audience wasn't allowed back stage. I seemed fine to them. “You sure you're okay, man?” asked Wyatt.
I hesitated for a moment. “Yeah… I'm cool. It's all cool.”
Wyatt wasn't so sure, but it was time for the show to begin, and Jude was up first. A large obstacle-course complete with loops and bends was set up, and he skated through them all flawlessly, even though his missed and fell on the last one… and lay flat on the stage… he shot the audience a big high thumb. The crowd cheered.
More performers came in. Some demonstrating gymnastics, The Clones tap dancing in formation, or making fools of themselves to Nikki's opinion. Darth and Julie, despite their image changes, they had a light saber battle… which the crowd actually liked.
Next it was Wyatt's turn. His song was an instant hit before he got through the first verse, but that was mostly because everyone loved Wyatt's music. Jen read the program-pamphlet. “Hey, Mykan's on next.”
Amelie was sitting behind the gang, and she shivered. “Ooh… I am getting… `Ow you say… Goose pimples…?”
“Goosebumps…” Jonesy corrected her.
I walked out on stage and everyone applauded as I bowed and took my place near the microphone. I saw the gang, and Amelie waved at me gently. I nodded at her. Then everyone piped down and I asked the lights to be turned out, and it was a good thing it was cloudy outside so the sun wouldn't shine in.
Then the video start and I told everyone, “This is constant nightmare I've been having.”
Everyone saw it happen, and even some footage of me when I woke up. Sweating, nervous, and even near tears… Then there were the images of my friends, and how I loved them all very much, my girlfriend too… but then I'd go home where I have my dog for company…
“But sometimes…” I paused and sighed. “Sometimes… A guy can still feel pretty bummed.”
The music started… The video kept playing and it showed me in bed, tossing and turning, even twitching as I began to sing.
I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older
Ohhh… woah-ah-aah
The video of me got up and out of bed. I walked over to the window to get some fresh air. My head rested in my arms. It really looked like a sad scene.
Everyone in the audience suddenly began to feel that strange feeling deep down.
“This is just…”
“…Whoa!”
“Savagely honest and tender.”
And this mountain I must climb
Feels like the
world's upon my shoulders
And through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder
In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this
lonely li-i-i-i-i-ife

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
Aaaah woah-oh-ooh
My friends and Amelie were all starting to feel like everyone else. “Mykan's really upset about this.” Jonesy said. “I can't believe I was so insensitive.”
Caitlin was dabbing her eyes with a hanky.
I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me,
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me
As the all looked up, “Look…!” Amelie said as she pointed at me. Though I was wearing my shades, and it was still dark in the mall. Everyone could see the tears leaking down my cheek.
In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
I can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely li-i-i-i-i-ife
Now the people were starting to stand up and sing the chorus with me.
I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
And I wanna feel,
I want to feel what love is
And I know,
I know you can show me
By this time, every single person in the mall was singing the chorus. Even the other performers who joined me on stage
Let's talk about love
(I wanna know what love is) the love that you feel inside
(I want you to show me) I'm feeling so much love
(I wanna feel what love is) no, you just can't hide
(I know you can show me) yea-ea-ea-ea-h… woah-oh-ooh
I wanna know what love is, let's talk about love
(I want you to show me) I wanna feel it too
(I wanna feel what love is) I wanna feel it too
And I know, and I know, I know you can show me
Show me what is real, woah
(Aaahhhh), yeah I know
(I wanna know what love is) hey I wanna know what love
(I want you to show me), I wanna know, I wanna know, want know
(I wanna feel what love is), hey I wanna feel, love
I know you can show me, yeah
I fell to my knees as the song ended panting and sweating as the song ended, and everyone applauded and cheered louder than they had earlier been singing. I looked up, still panting, but I couldn't help but smile.