6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Artist formerly known as Mykan ❯ Sweet Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
It would be an hour or so before the winner and runners-up were announced. We all headed back to the lemon for a quick drink. Starr and Amelie joined us. Caitlin let me have my drink for free. “Mykan, that was incredible.” She said to me.
The whole gang agreed. Wyatt hated to admit it, “But that was even better than my song.”
“Ah… it's no big deal.” I simple said, but the other didn't think that, and that was when the situation of my nightmares came up as well as my feeling lonely. “Oh, that…?” I said. “Oh… it's just a phase I often go through, it comes and it goes. It's one of the major distastes of living alone.”
That the others could… sort of understand, but not quite since none of them had actually been on their own before. “But why would you dream about us suddenly hating you?” asked Jen.
That I honestly didn't know. I didn't know why it happened or what made me want to dream something like that, but I didn't like it. “I guess…” I paused. “I guess I… just can't picture myself without you guys.”
To be honest everyone thought that. What were we without each other? Where would we be? It was bad enough when Nikki moved to Nunavut for a year… but at least she came back.
Jonesy almost died.
And Jude had his involvement with the Zombites. He shuddered; “Those creepy goth dudes still haunt me.” Starr rubbed her boyfriend's back. “They bother me a lot too.”
Amelie felt the same too. She had only move to Canada after her foreign exchange program expired. She liked Canada, and she was glad to be friends with everyone in the gang and dating me, or she'd probably still be a teething girl trying to live in a new place.
“Hey come on… lighten up.” Wyatt said. “Sure we've all been through the fire and had a couple of stings, but look where are now?”
Wyatt had a point. All those bad things were in the past and we worked so hard to be together now. We all held hands together in a circle as a sign of friendship, and Wyatt also sent a text to Serena sending his love and the love of the gang, to which she responded with Xs and Os
“Still… I don't get how this is going to help me with my nightmares.” I said, and then I finally realized, “Ahh… which everyone is now aware of.”
The others assured me not to worry about it, as no one seemed to really think anything of me. This made me ashamed to think of almost quitting the talent show. Starr however had an idea. “Why don't you play your song over and over before you go to bed?”
Everyone didn't know what to think of that, until Starr explained that research showed, “If you intentionally do what bothers you before you go to bed, you'll clear your mind of all anxiety and most of the negativity.”
“In other words-- you'll sleep better.”
I didn't know about that but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Just then there was announcement from the people of the talent show, the winners were about to be announced, and everyone should head back. “That's us… let's book it.” I said.
Once back at the set…
The awards were given out. Jude won third place for his skateboarding, if only he hadn't had that wipeout in the end. Second place went to The Clones.
“What…?!” Nikki snapped. “You've GOT to be kidding me?!”
“EEEEEEE…!!” The Clones shrieked. Nikki knew she was doomed now. She'd never hear the end of this at work.
Now it was the big moment, but surprisingly. There was a tie for first place, and that was me and Wyatt. The crowd just loved both our songs, and rather than go into a tiebreaker, we preferred to share the prize money. This pleased the crowd, and the hosts of the show. The rest was pretty much all drowned in the sounds the audience applauding.
That night, after I had gone home, had my dinner, paid my rent and bills, had a little free time. I did exactly what Starr suggested. I had played the song on my keyboard, the instrumental version a few times. It actually made me feel tired. “Well, not much more I can do now.” I said to myself as I headed for bed.
I put my shades down, turned out the light, gazed at my dog Penny who was sleeping in her little bed near mine, and I went to sleep. Sure enough later in the night, I dreamed again, but this time it was different…
It was like a music video playing in my head while I slept. I was singing the song, and the sun was rising over the horizon.
I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older
Ohhh… woah-ah-aah
I could see my friends. Everyone in the mall… even Amelie.
And this mountain I must climb
Feels like the
world's upon my shoulders
And through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder
In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this
lonely li-i-i-i-i-ife

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
Aaaah woah-oh-ooh
Through all the shoppers I saw Ameile walked through the crowd.
I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me,
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me
In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
I can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this
lonely li-i-i-i-i-ife
I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
And I wanna feel,
I want to feel what love is
And I know,
I know you can show me
Then I would find myself on stage, with the whole audience and my friends by me and we all sang together again.
Let's talk about love
(I wanna know what love is) the love that you feel inside
(I want you to show me) I'm feeling so much love
(I wanna feel what love is) no, you just can't hide
(I know you can show me) yea-ea-ea-ea-h… woah-oh-ooh
I wanna know what love is, let's talk about love
(I want you to show me) I wanna feel it too
(I wanna feel what love is) I wanna feel it too
And I know, and I know, I know you can show me
Show me what is real, woah
(Aaahhhh), yeah I know
(I wanna know what love is) hey I wanna know what love
(I want you to show me), I wanna know, I wanna know, want know
(I wanna feel what love is), hey I wanna feel, love
I know you can show me, yeah
In the end, before the song finished, Amelie walked out on stage. We embraced, and shared a kiss.
As the dream ended I just kept sleeping, but I was smiling warmly. “Mmm…”
The next day, I hadn't shown up at the lemon, but Starr was there with the others. “Did anyone hear form Mykan yet?” asked Jen.
Nobody had. They became worried about me. “Ooh… do you think maybe he had the nightmare again?” asked Caitlin.
“Maybe…” Wyatt said. “Maybe he did have it and he's at home catching up on his sleep.”
Jonesy and Nikki didn't think that was likely. “Since when does Mykan ever sleep in?” Nikki rhetorically asked.
Starr apologized, “I guess maybe my calculations were a little off.” Everyone just rolled their eyes, and then Jude look up and said, “Dude…” causing everyone look down the way where Amelie and I were on our way for our date that we had planned. I looked fit a fiddle. Smiling, laughing… Amelie's arm was curled round mine even. As we passed by the table, I shot a win at the guys.
Jonesy got the drift. “I think he's gonna be all right.”
Ending theme
-I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way
I love my job and I live at the mall today
And I… am on my own now and forever
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN
Still the memories will last.
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
“7TEEN”