6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Back to Back together ❯ Cafe Le Ritz ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
That night… it was on. I was all dressed in the tuxedo I wore fro my brother's wedding last week, and I wasn't wearing my shades this time. I did however have a special gift for Amelie that was sitting right next to me in the car.
 
I picked up Wyatt and Serena from their respective homes in my red convertible. Wyatt was wearing his formal suit, and Serena had on a yellow dress that Wyatt picked out for her, and she liked it a lot. “Wyatt, you got to stop spoiling me like this.” she teased.
 
Wyatt smirked, “Hey it makes you happy.” he said, “And when you're happy, so am I.”
 
Finally I stopped the car at Amelie's new house. She and her folks only moved in about a few months ago. After Amelie's exchange student time had expired, her father had gotten a work permit, and so the entire family moved from France to Canada.
 
I parked just near the curb, by the stairs to the front door, got up, and posed casually for the others. “Well… do I look okay?” I asked the others. Wyatt and Serena just smiled and snickered. “What…?” I asked “What's so funny?”
 
Then they pointed behind me, and that's when I heard the sound of a sweet and beautiful French voice say to me, “I think you look treis-bein.”
 
I turned, and saw her in hat same silky-blue gown she wore at the wedding. “Amelie…”
 
My girlfriend had already made her way down the stairs and reached me. “Where we're so long? I missed you.”
 
I rubbed my hand through my short black hair. “I had to… pick up a few things.” I said to her as I grabbed the small box from the seat of the car, and held it out to her. “This is… por vous.”
 
Amelie held her heart in deep stillness as I opened the box revealing a beautiful necklace with a heart-shaped pendant in the center and a red diamond in the center. “Ohh… Mykan…” she nearly cried as I gently fit it around her neck. “It is… it is… beautiful.”
 
Serena and Wyatt smiled at each other. Wyatt even gave me a thumb-up, and I replied with my own thumb-up at him, and that was when Amelie had grabbed a-hold of me and kissed me passionately. “It must've cost you a lot.” she said as she got in the car.
 
“Money cannot buy how you make me feel.” I said to her as I climbed in beside her. She blushed, and then we were off.
 
 
Café Le Ritz…
 
It was just about a mile away from the mall. I was all lit up, and extended up a few floors just as Jonesy said it did, and the place certainly did seem busy that night. “Zut-a-lors…” Amelie said, “I `ope we can get in through all zose people.”
 
“Don't worry…” I said, “With his reservation, we can just go right to our table.”
 
“Sweet…” Wyatt said, “I can't wait to eat, I'm starved.”
 
“Me too…” Serena said, “Hey, thanks for letting us tag, you guys. We know you kind of hoped to go by yourselves…”
 
“Ah, non, non, non… we don't mind.” Amelie said.
 
“Yeah, we don't. It's nice for us all to go out like this and get to know new people well.” I added, and I was right too…
 
I had only just set up shop in the mall a few weeks ago, and I was still getting used to the place and meeting new people every day. As for Amelie, she just plain didn't know anyone, and was still getting used to all of Canada completely, being a French immigrant of course.
 
We ignored the large line-up, and I presented my reservation pass, and we were allowed to go right in, much to the dismay of the impatient crowds.
 
We made our way up to the stand where Jonesy was, all dress in his own tux, “Ahh… Bonejor madam' and mousier.” he said in a fake French-accent. “Come… sel-va-pleak.”
 
As we followed him, Wyatt couldn't help but criticize Jonesy, “You might want to consider using better and more accurate French words.”
 
“Hey… I never studied French.” Jonesy said, “I just say what I know…”
 
Serena laughed a little, “You didn't even say hello right. It's Bonjour.”
 
“Yeah… I know… Bone-jours.” replied Jonesy. “And anyways… besides Amelie, at least I know more French than the rest of you.”
 
Amelie giggled, “Même un singe peut faire le meilleur français que vous pouvez.” She said. Jonesy just raised and eyebrow and simply said, “Whatever…”
Even I was a little confused at what Amelie had said, but as we kept on walking, Amelie text us on our cell-phones, except for Jonesy saying that she just said, “Even a monkey can do better French than you can.”
We all held in our laughter, and then finally we found our table. It was on the top floor near a stream that had coy ponds, and waterfalls, and even cute little fish looking up at us. The view was just breathtaking too as we could see most a mile away.
 
“Got to bounce…” Jonesy said, “I promised Nikki I'd get her… oh… You know what.” he whispered to us, which immediately told us he was going try and smuggle more pastries from the dessert trays.
 
“He is so going to get fired…” Serena said as she peered through he menus. Wyatt was almost speechless by how high the prices were, but I told them all to relax, and that I could square them for them.
 
Working as the owner and Manager, yet the only employee in Comic-Cavern , I had bucks to spare. Working in such a comic store, a lot of people came in, and more and more were coming in ach day as my new comic series took off…
 
Fireball XL5… Stingray… Thunderbirds… and Captain Scarlet. (God bless Gerry Anderson and his SUPERMMARIONATION works) All of them starring me and the others.
 
I had this rule that whatever was in the cash register by the end of the day went home with me. It was like I had payday every single day or so. I divided the money in different piles…
 
Some went to my bank account… some went to pay for my bills, taxes and rents… a little of it went to charities, and the rest was left for my pocket-change, and everyone else payment for starring in my fics.
 
Yes sir… life was sweet.
 
“Serena I must know…” Amelie said as we waited for our food to come, “'Ow did you and Wyatt find each other?”
 
“Yeah…” I added, “I kind of want to know what you also meant by her being on-again, off again…”
 
Wyatt and Serena looked a little down in dismay, “Well… it's a long story.” Wyatt said, “And it sure is pretty cold at first…”
 
Serena hated when these stories always got brought up, but Amelie and I had a right to know, and it was going to take a while for our food to come. “I think we may as well go for it…” she said to Wyatt.
 
Her boyfriend agreed, “Well… it all started a little over a year ago…”