6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Birthday Blunders ❯ Planning a Party ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It sure felt good to have the mall back to its normal temperature. I could finally take my new sweater off, and just wrapped it round my waist like the cool-dude I was. “Whew… that's much better, but I'll bet Jonesy gets fired for this.” I teased.
 
Some of the others agreed with me, but then my watch beeped, “Well I better split, I gotta' open Cavern.” I got up and left the table, “Later guys…”
 
“Later, Dude…” Jude called after me.
 
Jen was still outraged by what I had said earlier. “Okay, what is Mykan's problem?” she asked. “How can he not be excited about his birthday…?”
 
Caitlin wondered the same thing, but Nikki just brushed it off, “What's the big deal?” she asked rhetorically, “Why bother go to so much trouble over cake and gifts and all that stuff. Stop me if I'm wrong…”
 
Wyatt and Jude gazed at each other. Wyatt snapped out of it, “Well I don't think I should be telling you guys this… but Mykan's not really a big fan of his own birthday because of let-downs.”
 
He reminded them all of my old slum-life; Mother dead since I was little, Father being an alcoholic-abusive nutcase… all that stuff.
 
I never really had it good on my birthdays, and neither did my brother, this was all due to our father; blowing the money we all saved for booze, or simply out of his skull saying the only thing we deserved were good beatings for ruining his life by being born…
 
The only kinds of gifts Danny and I ever got were old dog-biscuits, or dying plants, or hand-me down rags. The only cakes they ever got a half eaten doughnut our dad picked dup lying in the streets…
 
Sometimes we wondered if he had just bought it and ate half of it…! UGH!
 
“Dude… that is so sick, and cold.” cried Jude.
 
Wyatt went on explaining, “Mykan's used to it, so every birthday he has, I remember him telling me, he just prefers to take life easy instead of bothering with any false hopes and things beyond his reach.”
 
Jen slammed her hands down on the table, “Oh no! No way! I am not going let this keep up.” she sneered. “You know what we have to do?”
 
“Give ourselves a-happy hours makeover?” asked Caitlin.
 
“Drop the birthday subject all together?” Nikki yawned.
 
“NO!” snapped Jen, “We need to throw Mykan a party and give him a taste of happiness.”
 
Wyatt was about to open his mouth to argue, “Don't even say it…” Jen replied. “We're throwing him a party and that's that.”
 
Caitlin clapped her hands and squealed for joy, “EE-HE-HEE…! This is going to be so much fun.”
 
Jen immediately appointed herself in charge of everything, as usual, and gave everyone their tasks off the bat. “Caitlin, you and I are in charge of donations. Nikki and Jude, you'll keep Mykan in the dark.”
 
“Whatever…” Nikki said as she got up and left. “Hey, wait up bra.” Jude called as he skated along after her.
 
“Uh, Jen… don't you think you're taking this a little too far?” Wyatt asked. Jen shot him a straight look, “Shutting up now…” he said nervously.
 
Jen put Wyatt in charge of music. “Ask Serena to provide some CDs form “Spin-This”
 
Wyatt sighed, “Fine… I'm off.” And he left feeling that, “Mykan's not going to like this…”
 
 
At Comic-Cavern, the morning rush had quieted down, and I was sitting at my counter, working on the next comic-book in my series, Thunderbirds. “So… what's it about dude?” Jude asked for what had to be the umpteenth time.
 
I sighed, “I'll explain again…” I said, “It's called, Attack of the Alligators. Where International rescue saves a house full of people from giant lizards.”
 
Nikki groaned, after having heard that so many times, she motioned at Jude, “We need to pick another topic. You're going to bore me to death!”
 
“Say… how come you two aren't working?” I asked.
 
Nikki and Jude had to think fast. “Oh, what, and let the Clones shriek me down to size?” Nikki said.
 
“Yeah… what she said.” added Jude.
 
I began to feel as if they were keeping something from me. What gave it away most was Jude talking about the Clone, he didn't work with them.
 
“O-kay then…”
 
Nikki and Jude breathed a sigh of relief… but they would have to be more careful from now on. If they were to let it slip about what was going on, Jen would have a field-day with them.
 
 
A while later, Wyatt was with Jonesy, who was in charge of the food, and book a place to have the party. When Wyatt asked why Jonesy wasn't wearing his uniform anymore, “I got fired…” he answered, “My manager caught a cold from my stunt with the air-conditioner. Some drag, I didn't even get my paycheck, and I'm almost flat broke.”
 
 
 
Wyatt stopped dead in his tracks, “What…? You're broke and you're expected to get…” he went over Jen's list. “Ten large pepperoni-pizzas. Two trays of burgers, hotdogs, tacos, and snacks…and three coolers of soft drinks…?”
 
“Dude… relax…” Jonesy said, “The Jonesmeister always has a plan… and this time it's going to be one that works. Follow me…!”
 
Wyatt got Jonesy all the burgers and hot-dogs from Burger-McFlipsters. “You know Jonesy, just because I'm the manager, and Tim hardly comes by anymore, doesn't mean I can do what I want.”
 
“Yeah… right… less yak, more splak.” he was referring to Wyatt continue to organize the meats and wieners for the food. In exchange, Jonesy would hook Wyatt and Serena up for a free Pizza-Lunch at “Pizza-El-Primo” a place Jonesy had a job for a bout a week before he got fired, and as compensation for the work he did, Jonesy got a coupon book for free services. So now the pizza deal was settled too…
 
“But what about the tacos and snacks…?” Wyatt asked.
 
Jonesy already agreed to bring snacks from home, but the for the tacos…
 
 
Before he knew it, he was at Wonder-Taco… and Julie had her back turned to him. “Aww… come on Julie…!” he nearly begged.
 
Julie tipped her Wonder-taco mask, which was prettier on her than her old hat. “I don't know… “ she hissed, “You're little stunt with the air-conditioning drove away all my customers… and Darth started sneezing and we had to cancel our date.”
 
Then came the kill bit, even though Julie was now a gorgeous babe now, longer hair, straight teeth, no snivels, and a mask instead of a hat, “And I still never once heard you call me pretty since my image change.”
 
Jonesy couldn't believe he was going to do this, but at least he knew Nikki wasn't around to see it. “You know…” he said in a deep soothing voice, and he reached up a creased her cheek with his hand, “I never noticed how smooth and delicate your skin between your mask is.”
 
Julie moaned heavily, “Okay… you win… this time!” she told him. Jonesy shot her a wink, “Thanks babe, knew I could count on you.” and he was off gloating, “Ooh… I'm a genius.”