6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Comic Catastrophie ❯ In Mykan we don't trust ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The gang had split up. Nikki and Caitlin went to the Khaki-Barn. When I came to talk to them, they didn't say a word to me, and just treated me like they did before. For once, Nikki was glad she was at work
 
I visited Jen at the Penalty-Box, and she gave me the same attitude. Coach Hadler saw it too and blew his whistle. “MASTERSON! That's poor conduct. Five minute foul, then drop and give me thirty.”
 
Jude was at the Ice-Rink driving the zamboni, and he acted colder than the ice. I didn't even get to reach him because he locked me out of the rink.
 
Jonesy even tuck around at Burger McFlipsters with Wyatt since he didn't have a job, and when Wyatt was willing to let me have some lunch, Jonesy gave him the “Don't do it.” expression.
 
“Man!” I growled at last, “What is with you guys?” and I stormed off.
 
Wyatt knew that was coming. “Jonesy, don't you think we're being a little too hard on him?”
 
“Oh… like he wasn't being hard on us for taking our stuff? Real smooth, Wyatt.” Jonesy snapped. Wyatt was not impressed.
 
 
I decided to spend some time Amelie, Serena, and Starr, not minding that she was wearing an alien costume. At least they were being nice to me. So we all went to El-Sportos together for lunch. The girls were just as livid when I told them what got me so down. “They won't talk to me… or even look at me. They just keep treating me like a mosquito.”
 
Amelie gently stroked my shoulder expressing her pity. “And zey will not tell you why?” she asked. I shook my head. “What did I do that was so wrong?” I wondered aloud.
 
Serena suggested that maybe she should at least talk to Wyatt, as I told her that he was the most reasonable, but I also told her about the others, preferable Jonesy, talking him out of it. “Figures Jonesy would do that.” Serena sighed.
 
I showed the girls the prototype comic-books I always kept with me. “It all started ever since I revealed these to everyone.”
 
Amelie thought they were really nice, but Starr and Serena recognized some of the drawings. “Wyatt drew these…”
 
“These are Jude's.”
 
I felt startled at first, and then I gazed at the others three, and remembered the drawings I saw that inspired me to make the comics. Finally, it all fit together. These ideas were originally made by the others, and they thought I was trying to usurp them. “So that's why-- Aw, man!”
 
Still, that was no excuse for how the others were treating me. I didn't know the drawings were theirs and they didn't just tell me. Even though it was clear now, it still didn't look like a good idea to approach the others. Starr did more calculations and determined, “The demographics of the calculation would indicate the unwise maneuver of that situation.”
 
The rest of us just gawked at her with confused expressions, and Starr admitted, “They won't listen.”
 
That was clear enough, so there was only thing I knew I could now to make things right. I handed in my share of the money so I could leave early. When the girls asked me what it was, all I told them was I would unveil it at the convention tomorrow. In the meantime I didn't want to be disturbed by absolutely ANYONE as I didn't have too much time to get it all together. So I headed home.
 
 
The girls decided to straighten the others all out. When they found out I had no idea that the ideas were originally theirs, they all felt really bad for how they treated me. “I knew something like this would happen.” said Wyatt.
 
They tried to call and text me to apologize, but I had shut my cell-phone off. The girls also explained about me not wanting to be disturbed until the convention. The others decided to leave me to whatever it was I was doing…
 
Only, Caitlin began to worry if maybe I was planning on moving away. Shutting down Comic-Cavern, and things like that. “Mykan wouldn't do that.” Jen said.
 
“I don't know about that…” Nikki pointed out, “We did kinda make him mad.”
 
Jude felt most uncomfortable now, probably because he had been wearing his costume for much too long., or he was upset with himself for treating me mean. Still, all they could do was wait and see…
 
 
The next day, it began!
 
Almost every single person as wearing a costume. Those who weren't, as well as were, were taking photographs of other people's costumes for their scrapbooks. The gang was all there, all dressed n their costumes.
 
Jude and Starr as aliens… Jen was a jungle-fighter with silver make up on. Jonesy was a batman, Nikki was surprisingly dressed as Cat-Woman. “I'm only wearing this just to humor you.” she snickered. Her boyfriend smirked and teased, “Pu-r-r-r-fectly… now give me a kisssss…” he was acting like a cat which flattered Nikki and they embraced.
 
Wyatt was dressed up as his old B.A Baracus from that time the Zombites returned and we all acted like the A-Team. “You got somthin' ta say, sucka?” he teased to Serena who was wearing her Bumble-Bee suit. “Would you cut it out…” she giggled.
 
Amelie joined up with the gang, dressed in her XL5 uniform. “Mmm-mm… lookin' smooth, Venus.” Jonesy complimented. Nikki flicked at his cheek “Ow! Hey… I'm just being nice.”
 
Amelie couldn't help but giggle, and the she asked if they had seen me at all, which they were sad to say they hadn't, nor had they heard from me since yesterday. They tried to call, but I still hadn't answered. Now the gang was really worried.
 
Still, they tried not to let it spoil things that day. There were things to buy, places to check out, and people take photos of. The convention would last all weekend, but only tonight was the contest for best idea of the year, and that started right after lunch.
 
“With your host… Chris McLean!”
 
(Yep… it's HIM. So I won't bother with explaining)
 
The crowds practically SCREAMED as Chris took the stage. “Hello… one and all.” He called out. “It's great to be back here for another year. I see new faces… I see new freakily poor costumes, and I see a bunch of nerds trying to impress others… and I gotta say… AWESOME!”
 
The crowd cheered and it was time to give out the awards “Right here at the Comic… Convention… EXPO!”