6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Driving U Crazy ❯ Courtney's Hooked ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
A few months ago, a few weeks after I had joined the gang, and started dating Amelie…
 
Jen was at the Penalty-Box, reading a drivers-manual while on duty, and stacking the shelves. “Ugh…! I am so going to fail my driver's test.” she groaned.
 
Nikki and Caitlin came along, and would you believe they were with Jen's sister Courtney. “Hey Flash… feeling under-pressured again?” Courtney joked, but she simply went, “Mmm-hmm…”
 
Nikki and Caitlin could tell that Jen was really in-over her head about her driver's exam coming up the next day. So nervous that she hadn't realized that while stacking the shelves, she put the smaller items on the bottom and the heavier ones up top.
 
“Uh… Jen…?” cried Caitlin, “Watch the shelves!”
 
Jen finally looked up just in time for everything to crash down in a big mess in front of her. “Oops…” Jen said feeling really silly, but the next sound she heard was Coach Halder blowing his whistle at her…
 
“MASTERSON…!” he bellowed, “What do you think you're doing?”
 
Jen stuttered while trying to find an excuse, but Coach had already seen the manual behind her back, and the way she had stacked the shelves. “Get you're head back in the game missy… and take a five minute major. Now, now, now…!”
 
Jen sighed and sat herself in the Penalty-Box. The other girls walked over, “Ooh… tough break. Sorry.” Courtney said, but Jen didn't think her sister was being honest.
 
“You really need to take a chill about getting your licence.” said Nikki, but Jen assured that it was easier said than done. “At least this time, I'm not going to take advice from Jude.” she pointed out.
 
She still remembered the time she became a speed-demon and crashed a prop-car into the fountain. “At least Dad's agreed to teach you in the morning.” Courtney said. “He's never crashed once in his life.”
 
Caitlin patted Jen on the shoulder, “It'll be okay Jen… you'll see.”
 
Just then, Charlie passed by, “Hey, Jen… here you're getting' your license.” he said to her, “Maybe you and me can maybe of for a drive sometime?”
 
Jen suddenly began to feel all warm and fuzzy inside. For a whole year she had been trying to get Charlie to see more positive sides of her, and maybe give her another chance. “A drive…? Just… the… two of us… Hee, hee…”
 
Charlie took that as a yes, “Guess I'll see you then…” and he went back to his shift just as Jen's penalty ended, and she took her break.
 
The Girls caught up with Wyatt, Jude, and Jonesy on their way to “Grind-Me” for an early morning coffee…
 
“Ahh…” Wyatt sighed, “Nothing like a hot beverage to wake up the mind and the body.”
 
“Spoken like a true geek…” Jonesy muttered. “What's got you so rattled?” Nikki wondered.
 
“He's just jealous because he's dad's going to teach me how to drive tomorrow.” Jen said being cocky.
 
Her step-brother snuffed, and stared down at his coffee, “Aw, man… it's not fair. I was his first born son, while Jen and Courtney aren't even blood related to us, and yet they get all the perks.”
 
“Oh, Boo-Hoo... we're girls, get used to it.” Courtney said.
 
Even Jude was starting to feel ashamed, “Dudes…” he whispered to Wyatt and Jonesy, “Can't we like do somethin' about it…?”
 
Wyatt and Jonesy shook their heads. Even though Courtney was not a member of the gang officially, the whole gang consisted of the three of them, plus me, Jen, Nikki, Caitlin… and the three girlfriends Starr, Serena, and Amelie…
 
There would always be more girls than guys in our group, but we all learned to live with it.
 
Speaking of which, I had just rushed into Grind-Me finally able to break from Comic-Cavern, “Hey, guys…” I called, “Sorry I'm late, I'll be right there.”
 
Courtney dropped her cup on the table, it didn't spill. “Wh-oa…” she sighed heavenly, and suddenly she went into one of those dazes where I was running in slow-motion, Courtney's vision was slightly blurred, and romantic fanfares were heard.
 
“Courtney…?” Jen asked.
 
No response.
 
“Courtney…!”
 
She finally snapped out of it, “Hmm…? Say what…?” she asked, but suddenly as I came to the table with my coffee in hand, “Man, talk about a morning rush.” I said.
 
“I take you had a lot of customers this morning…?” Wyatt asked.
 
“And how…” I said, “I got enough change to make my pocket burst open.” I sat down next to Wyatt, and a young-adult girl I hadn't met before, “Oh, excuse me…” I said.
 
“You're excused…” she said to me while grinning and winking her eyes endlessly at me, which really confused me.
 
“Uh… Mykan…” Jen said, “This is my older sister, Courtney… and Courtney, this is Mykan.”
 
Courtney could feel her pulse racing and her heart pounding, She straightened her shirt, and shook her hair slightly. “Pleasure to meet you Mykan…” she said in a smooth soft voice as she moved slightly closer towards me.
 
“Uh, yeah… pleasure's all mine.” I said back but feeling confused as why she was moving towards me… but the others were starting get the feeling. “You guys don't think Courtney's--” Caitlin whispered.
 
By this point, Courtney's face was about a foot and a-half away form mine. “Mykan…?” she said with hunger sounding in her voice. “That's a cool name… and those shades really make you look mysterious with all your black clothing and hair.”
 
“Thanks… I guess…” I said sounding a little nervous.
 
“I don't think… I know she's getting hooked.” Nikki whispered.
 
“Oh, no…” Jen muttered, she knew what happened whenever Courtney got a crush on a cute guy, and I was about one of those guys who as cute as cute could get.
 
I could tell by now that Courtney was trying to flirt with me. Jen had told me much about her, but it became obvious to me that she never told her that I was already taken, or anything about me at all as I was still the new guy of the gang.
 
“Uh… I--” I checked my watch, “Ooh… look at that… break-time's over. Gotta' split…” and I was out of “Grind-Me” in a second.
 
Courtney however just kept her eyes focused on the path that a ran. “Uh… you feeling okay, sis…?” Jonesy asked.
 
His step-sister blinked her eyes. “I'm better than okay…” she said, “That's guys as good as mine by the end of the day.” And she ran off to try and catch up to me, but to no avail as I had already gone.
 
The others, however, realized that this was only going to be trouble…!