6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Hot as a Fireball ❯ Mess ups ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The next day, at Comic Cavern, Wyatt was helping get some of my XL5 collection items to use in the show. We thought it would be easier to use the ones on my store display windows. This way I wouldn't have to pay extra for much.
 
We were going over my list…
 
“Space-City model?”
 
“Check.”
 
“Plastic Ray-guns?”
 
“Check.”
 
“XL5 model?”
 
“Double check.”
 
I crossed off everything on my list. “Well that's all I can do from my end, right now.” I said. “The rest is up to the others.”
 
I walked over to behind my counter. It wasn't easy for me to be the owner, founder, and Manager of the number-one comic and collectors store in the mall, or manage it all by myself at that matter.
 
“You know, Mykan… you really should hire some employees to help you out a bit.” Wyatt suggested.
 
“Believe me, man. I would if I could, but I really need the cash.” I just couldn't hire any employees at the moment because I really needed all the money I made ach day to help pay for my apartment, rents, car and everything else.
 
“I just really hope everything goes smoothly.” I replied.
 
Wyatt hoped the same thing. “In the mean time, I got to get back to work too. Later.”
 
“See ya.”
 
Only six days left until the performance and I already had spent over five-hundred big-ones on renting and bookings, and even paying some of my own merchandise, which I planned to work overtime for.
 
At least I had a lot of customers each day to help get me more money. Especially Darth, and Julie who couldn't get enough of Star-Wars comics, except I let them have free comics this time as an I.O,U for helping with special-effects.
 
(Its amazing… I make Darth look cool now, and Julie beautiful, and they both still act like nerds. Ah, well… can't be changed.)
 
Still… there was a lot to sort out.
 
Meanwhile, at the Penalty-Box
 
Jen had already sold over fifty tickets to the show. “Thanks for shopping at the penalty box, have a nice day.” she said to her customers as they left.
 
“MASTERSON!!” bellowed Coach Halder. “What do think you're doing? I don't recall ever seeing these items in the store before.”
 
Just went all numb. “Uh… well… they're just tickets to Friday night's show, Coach.”
 
Coach inspected the tickets. “I see.” he said. “I'm afraid we don't sell tickets here, Masterson. You get two minutes in the box… unless you let me have a ticket fro free.”
 
Jen was surprised “Coach, You want a ticket?”
 
Coach Halder was also a big fan of Fireball XL5. “It's my kind of comic. Action, adventure, tough guys… so can I have my ticket?”
 
Jen wasted no time in letting him have one for free, but suddenly, everyone who saw her, they also wanted free tickets. “No… wait hey!!” Jen yelled. “If you want a ticket you have to pay for it.”
 
She suddenly stopped when she realized Coach was still there. “MASTERSON!! If I can have a free ticket, there's nothing saying these fine people can't have one too.”
 
“But I--”
 
“No, buts!” and he gestured over to the penalty chamber. Jen huffed and stomped her way in. “Well that totally sucked.” she muttered.
 
Meanwhile
 
Jude was at Stick-it, making sure the place was clean this time.
 
Jonesy came along. “Slow times?” he asked. “You know it.” Jude answered. “So… how's it hangin' over at the House of Horror?”
 
Jonesy invited Jude to come check the place out. It was absolutely fabulous. Costumes, fake weapons, decorations, projectors, and even fog machines. “Whoa-hoa… Dude.”
 
“Jude.” They bopped fists. “This is like the best job I've ever had, and I've had a lot of jobs.” Jonsey said. “Whoa! Heads up… two hot chick customers coming up.”
 
Two girls came to the counter, “You wouldn't happen to have and Vampire-Fangs here, would you.” One of them asked.
 
“Or, some elf ears?” asked the other.
 
Jonesy acted all causal and reached from behind the counted and pulled up two packages. “Here ve are.” He said in a vampire's accent. “Von beautiful pair of fangs for zee lovely lady here, and zome elf ears for zee other lovely lady.”
 
The girls giggled as they paid for their things and left. “Mmm-Mmm!” Jonsey murmured. “I have got it made!”
 
“Sweet.” Jude chuckled, but then he noticed Jonsey was grabbing a whole bunch of merchandise. Light-projectors, fog-machines… “Dude, what are those for?”
 
Jonsey explained they were for the show. “It's a little thing we have here. Rental-Discount.” he said. “I'll just borrow them, and bring them right back, piece of cake.”
 
“I don't know, bro.” Jude said. “Every time you say that, it always comes back to bite you.” but Jonsey wasn't paying attention and just grabbed some more stuff to help with the decorating.
 
Jude just decided to head back to Stick-it.
 
The next day
 
Only five more days until the show, and I was most shocked when we all met at the lemon. “What you mean you gave all the tickets away for free?” I asked.
 
“I'm sorry, but Coach would've kept me in the penalty box forever if I hadn't.” said Jen. “Sorry.”
 
I thought it over, and the tickets weren't really worth too much anyways. “I guess we can let it off.” I said. “By the way… how are the costumes coming?” I asked.
 
Nikki said she got what she could from the Khaki-Barn. “Now Krissy wants me to actually do some work for a change.” she moaned. “So… you pay up.”
 
I sighed, and handed Nikki fifty-bucks as we agreed on earlier for her asking a favor from The Clones. “You sure Serena's mom can sew like you said?” I asked.
 
“Sure she can.” Wyatt said. “Of course I've never actually seen her mom sew before, but I've heard the tales, and hey at least she knows its for a good cause and she agreed to do it for free.”
 
I sighed of relief. “Well that's good to know.” I said. “I got to run… I have a lunch date with Amelie. She's really getting excited about all this.”
 
“I got to go too.” Caitlin said. “I have a date with, Joey.”
 
“You mean… the same Joey, who's dad runs the amusement park, Joey?” Wyatt asked.
 
Caitlin nodded as she prettied herself up. “Yeah… we met one day when I bumped into him and he helped me pick up my shopping stuff. He is so sweet… he may--”
 
“We know, we know… he may be “The one!” Nikki said irritable. “Ugh… if I had a buck for every time she said that I'd be rich.”
 
Caitlin growled at that statement.
 
“Just be sure to tell ask him, to ask his dad, if the set ups are going okay, and give him these plans.” I said giving Caitlin the Blue-Prints.
 
“Don't worry, you have my word.” Caitlin said.
 
We all headed off. All of us were really hoping nothing else would go wrong…
 
Meanwhile
 
Being the new Manager for Burger McFlipsters was no easy task, yet Wyatt was never having more fun. Still flipping burgers, and signing on the job, but he still remember all of Tim's rules.
 
“Smile every ten seconds when on the job.”
 
Wyatt served his final customer before his break, but still kept one more pre-ordered meal going, and the customer of the meal had just arrived.
 
“Hi, Wyatt.” Serena said.
 
“Hello there, beautiful.”
 
It had almost been a year since Wyatt and Serena got back together, after Chad, and Marlowe moved away to America… not to mention when the Zombites attacked.
 
They sat down at a table and began to have lunch, Wyatt even explained to her that they had gotten the proper-clothes and fabrics all set for her mom to sew.
 
“Oh. Uh, Wyatt… I got some bad news.” she said.
 
Wyatt didn't like the sound of this…
 
Meanwhile
 
Caitlin was also on her date with Joey, a real smart looking guy too. “So uhm… what was it you wanted to tell?” he asked.
 
“Awe… I forget, but don't worry. I'll figure it out sure enough.”