6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Hot as a Fireball ❯ What to do now? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
The gang brought me back over to the table, and snapped me out of it, but I didn't feel any better. “Man! This is one heck of a catastrophe.” I said sadly. “Awe, what else could go wrong?”
 
Almost everything was set on Major delay, and I spent way too much money already to spend anymore without having to overwork, or save up big time.
 
“Look on the Brightside.” Starr said. “At least the Robot costume's done.”
 
Great, one thing was actually going right. That was hardly enough to convince me. “Hey, Mykan don't worry, we'll still be able to get everything done in time.” Jen said. “That is… if nothing else goes wrong.”
 
I groaned and let my head fall onto the table.
 
“Way to go, Jen.” Wyatt said sarcastically.
 
Caitlin sighed. “Why do I feel like this is all my fault?” she asked.
 
“Maybe because it is…” Nikki snapped. “If you had just given Joey the plans…”
 
“Yeah… but you had to make Mykan pay you for getting the clothes and fabrics for the costumes.” Jen protested.
 
“Hey… it was an I.O.U.” Wyatt said on Nikki's behalf.
 
“Besides, lets not forget who had to sell the tickets away fro free.” Jonesy added.
 
As they continued to babble over what was happening, Jude and Starr, having no faults in this decided to sneak away, because they could tell by the expression on my face, I was ready to burst!
 
Finally, I bolted upright. “AAH!! I can't take it anymore!!” I growled. The gang hushed up and saw me stomp off. “I'm going home for the rest of… the… day!!”
 
The gang kept watching until I was out of sight. “Wow… where did that come from?” Jen asked.
 
Two days later
 
Only less than three days left before the big show, and still nothing had changed. Everything was still on deep delay, but I did go back to work. After all, I couldn't make any money to support my apartment just lying in bed all day.
 
At least today was a little different, and some things did go a little okay for me. Everyone who was excited about the show coming was bustling through Comic Cavern to buy a Copy of Fireball XL5, the first episode.
 
“Hmm… not too bad for a day's work.” I said as I added up my money.
 
Being in business for yourself sure had its advantages. I could make my own hours. Nobody to yell at me, and best of all, was the vast amounts of money I got to take home with me everyday.
 
Everyday was payday for me, and to show that I was never greedy I did donate some amounts to other charities and causes.
 
I sighed to myself. “I just wish I could use this to make the show better.”
 
The gang could see me from way outside. “Boy, he sure looks bummed.” Wyatt said.
 
“Can you blame him…” Caitlin said. “I'd have to eat like three buckets of ice-cream before I could get over anything this deep.”
 
Since decorating couldn't be started until Thursday, Jen realized they probably wouldn't be able to get the amusement park all set up in time for Friday's show at 6:00 pm.
 
We all planned to hole the show at night, when everyone would be holding that big costume party at the mall. This way it would be easier to make things look realistic, and the Amusement park planned to use its star-projector to produce space scenes.
 
Still… even with all that, there was so much to be done. The stage, and separate scenes had to be put up. All the things for special effects had to be fine-tuned and ready, even tests had to be made, and the costumes still weren't ready yet.
 
Not to mention the guys had to memorize their lines from the comic in case they forgot anything.
 
Back at the Lemon
 
Everyone was there but me… well, with the acceptation of Starr.
 
None of them knew quite what to do. All those decorations, and all that heavy work. It would take an army to get anything done.
 
Suddenly, Jonesy had an idea. “Hey, wait a minute… The theme park's closed on Thursday right?”
 
The others nodded, and then realized that if no one would be there they could start doing all the set-ups themselves. “Yeah, just one problem… we all have to work.” Jen said.
 
“Thanks for being a wet blanket.” Jonesy said, but then again, Jen did have a point. They couldn't just take their breaks and work all the more harder. So event hat idea was dismissed.
 
“Well… then I guess there's only one way out of it now…” Jonesy said, and usually when he said that, he had a really big hair-brained idea.
 
The idea was, they stay in the mall after closing for the next three nights, and do the set-ups. “Are you crazy!” Jen snarled. “There is no way I am breaking the rules of closing time.”
 
“Besides… what if Ron showed up?” Wyatt said.
 
“He'd be mad enough to ban us from the mall forever.” Jude said. “Believe me, I know this from experience.”
 
“Ah-ha… but that's just the thing.” replied Jonsey. “I'm going to make it so Ron won't interfere with us this time.”
 
Nobody liked the sound of what was going to happen.
 
Later on
 
Jonsey put his plan into action. “I can't believe I'm going to do this…” he muttered to himself as he walked into Ron's office.
 
Jonesy's plan was… to actually ask Ron if they could stay after closing to help set thing up, and When Ron heard all this… his eye went red with Fire. “You got to be joking me?” he said angrily.
 
“You think I'm going to let a lousy bunch of lice, like you and your friends, break code 4307.1, stay in my mall after closing just so you can decorate the amusement park… FOR SOME WHIMPY LITTLE SHOW!!”
 
Jonsey was actually quivering in his pants bracing himself as if Ron was ready to shoot him into pieces. “I was just asking…” he whimpered.
 
Ron calmed down. “All right… you got a deal.” he said.
 
Jonesy's eyes peeped open. “What's that?”
 
This was something new. Ron usually would prefer to take down a battle tank than agree to terms with teenagers. “Why I'm doing this is of no business of yours, punk.” he said. “You can use the mall only on two conditions…”
 
“…and one is that you let me come to the show for free with no-admittance.”
 
Jonesy really couldn't see any harm in that, but he did dare to ask. “What's the other condition?”
 
Ron, told him what it was, and Jonesy knew for a fact this wasn't going to be good.